More than I expected

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I joined at the beginning of the year via a link from Fark.com. What I expected to find here was mostly b.s. stories and what I did find here was a lot of b.s. stories.

But, what I did not expect was that a few of the regular posters had other things to say that weren't all about how big there peckers were. They showed sincere interest in one another. That impressed me enough to turn down some of the cynicism.

I decided to join and lurk for awhile and now I'm introducing myself to the forum. I still reserve the right to be skeptical about some of the individuals here, but I also expect others to be just as skeptical about me.

I do admit though, a few individuals have mentioned things that I'm fairly sure only someone with a large penis would understand. Because of this I will stick around and I may even field a question or two from time to time. It would be nice to see if anyones perspective on things is different from mine.

One thing I am curious about is why this forum does not have a discussion group for Older men. I have no issue with the one for Younger men, but there are a few of us who are no longer spring chicken.

I apologize if this post sounds a bit conservative and without humor, but I'm a little tired of the usual bullshit responses I sometimes get on various forums and the nature of this forum attracts a lot of bullshitters. I think it is fortunate that there are quite a few regulars here who seem to be sincere and who, I've noticed, are willing to call others on their b.s.

As for an introduction...

Hello.

M. B.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
It is a Great Intro Mulebear.

Welcome to the group. There is lots of guys and gals; both young and old.
Just throw down a question or your opinion, and people will respond.
Have fun. :biggrin1:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Mulebear said:
One thing I am curious about is why this forum does not have a discussion group for Older men. I have no issue with the one for Younger men, but there are a few of us who are no longer spring chicken.

Seems like a valid point to me... although I doubt it'd ever be bestowed with as catchy a name as "young and hung".

"Older and bolder"? :rolleyes:

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thank you gentleman.

When I was in my twenties a lot of men and a few women not only treated me as an object, but they also falsely believed that my "youthful naievty" would alow them to manipulate me. Now that I am in my mid 40s I find that, even though I still encounter those who view me as an object, people are a lot less likely to attempt to manipulate me.

In my youth I was "penis proud" and had no issues about putting myself on "display", but after one too many unwanted crotch grabs I became more reclusive and withdrawn from meeting new people. Even worse than the crotch grabbing was being stalked. Three times in my twenties to early thirties I was stalked and each time it was by someone I did not know.

I've had two long term relationships. The first lasted 17 years with a man who reinforced my fear of interacting with others. That was very hard on me as I am deep down a very social person. The current relationship is about to hit the 5 year mark and it is still going strong. My partner is very supportive and encourages me to be assertive and stand up for myself.

Though I was cock proud in my twenties and wanted everyone to look at my crotch, I soon developed a complex about it. I wrapped my ego around the whole thing and allowed it to destroy my self esteem. In my thirties I began working on my self esteem, but I was still reluctant to meet new people. I began dressing more "appropriately" as to not draw attention. (Didn't work.)

Now that I am older and have an improved sense of self and more confidence, I've taken a more "devil may care" attitude. I now wear what I feel like and if that means putting on clothes that make me feel sexy, I do so. My partner enjoys seeing me in a pair of jeans.

Interestingly no one messes with me these days. My attitude is more (no pun intended) cocky and though people still look at me, they are less likely to pull any bullshit. If they try to, I guickly squash any ideas they might have had.

Ok, I am ranting way more than I ever intended to. Maybe there are a few things I need to talk about here, but for now I'll save them for another post.

Thanks for listening,

M. B.

Pappy

Media
Welcome Mulebear from one of the more senior, older members. I still remember my mid 40's and how my attitude then had changed from when I was say 30. My attitude now is more like who gives a shit, I got a dick, it shows, get over it. Granted I don't do anything to try and make it show more. If anything I try to hide it, but sometimes it shows and there's nothing you can do. and it's now as always, look but don't touch, unless invited, you'll pull back a bloody nub if you do.

kruise

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mulebear,

You still sound a trifle bit cynical, leary, pessimistic, and a bitch about it all...

Krrrrrrrrrr...

SSBBW4BigFun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
kruise said:
Mulebear,

You still sound a trifle bit cynical, leary, pessimistic, and a bitch about it all...

Krrrrrrrrrr...

...and if so, what? He's entitled to be who he is, feel how he feels, and express himself just like the rest of us. At least he IS talking about things, which is always a positive thing. He certainly isn't giving anyone any shit.

:smile: Hi and welcome, Mulebear. Seems like you have a lot to share, no pun intended.

Mulebear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks again,

kruise said:
Mulebear,

Krrrrrrrrrr...
I approach almost everything with a bit of skepticism, but skepticism and cynicism are not the same thing. The cynicism only sets in when I find some evidence that makes me question a strongly held skeptical belief. I was fairly sure that this forum was a home for bullshitters, but I am finding evidence to the contrary. The cyncism is from waiting for the other shoe to drop. Hopefully I'll discover that there is no other shoe.

Leary? Yes a little.

Pessimistic? No, not at all. Cautious would be a more appropriate word.

Bitch? All depends on what you read into a post. I could easily look at what you wrote and think the same about you, but this is the internet and what we write does not always accurately reflect what we are feeling. This is why emoticons came into being.

Apologies, but I tend to be a bit long winded.

Thanks again to everyone who said hello.

M. B.