More than meets the eye!

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just saw Transformers, and I am glad to say this was the one summer blockbuster that didn't dissapoint. Sorry Jack Sparrow and Spidey, Optimus Prime is large and in charge! :cool:

Now I wonder how the new Harry Potter will be?:confused:

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw it too.. damn that movie is funny!!!! and also many good actors most of them comedy actors.

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just got out of the theater myself. I went in not expecting much, but I was really surprised. I loved it, the special effects were amazing while not taking over the movie. Also, an added plus: Megan Fox is incredibly hot.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I saw this movie yesterday with Bubba, Mrs. Lex and the Kids. It totally rocked and was one of the best, most entertaining summer action movies that I have seen since probably True Lies.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this movie yesterday with Bubba, Mrs. Lex and the Kids. It totally rocked and was one of the best, most entertaining summer action movies that I have seen since probably True Lies.

Ah I remember that, what a blast. And Jamie Lee Curtis' strip-scene was amazing!

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hated the movie. Absolutely hated it. Probably not the worst movie ever or anything, but... that's maybe the best thing I can say about it. Other than some of the FX were pretty.

and Megan Fox is both a terrible actress and, in terms of looks, not even in the same ballpark as Jennifer Connelly. Though this is the second unfair comparison I've seen between the two.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

oh come on Lex.... :mad: not you, too. Michael Bay is probably the single worst director of his generation. To paraphrase Lloyd Bensten: Michael Bay, I served with James Cameron; I knew James Cameron; James Cameron was a friend of mine. Michael Bay, you're no James Cameron.

I guess the one encouraging thing I can take from this thread is the reminder that, though Bay continues to be a blight on society and one of the worst directors of all time, one of the best is finally back to making movies again now that he's done filming documentaries about shipwrecks and fish. 'bout frickin' time, too. It's only been ten years. James, please remind the world how to film a worthwhile story and a decent action sequence while at the same time using FX in an intelligent way that serves the story. We've all apparently forgotten how to do or even recognize all of the above.

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
oh come on Lex.... :mad: not you, too. Michael Bay is probably the single worst director of his generation. To paraphrase Lloyd Bensten: Michael Bay, I served with James Cameron; I knew James Cameron; James Cameron was a friend of mine. Michael Bay, you're no James Cameron.

I guess the one encouraging thing I can take from this thread is the reminder that, though Bay continues to be a blight on society and one of the worst directors of all time, one of the best is finally back to making movies again now that he's done filming documentaries about shipwrecks and fish. 'bout frickin' time, too. It's only been ten years. James, please remind the world how to film a worthwhile story and a decent action sequence while at the same time using FX in an intelligent way that serves the story. We've all apparently forgotten how to do or even recognize all of
the above.

how did you see the screen with your nose so high in the air? :wink:

I have not seen the movie yet, and I prolly wont until it comes out on video.

I typically dont dig big american cinema. the blockbuster thing I dont find very appealing. unless of course we are talking about starwars. but that is more of a religous experience than a simple movie going experience.

untill I see the film, I have no comment, I am sure it is entertaining.
and everyone has their opinion on what they like to watch.
D

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
As a rule of thumb, if the film is a blockbuster then I probably won't like it.
Not because they're popular per se - my taste generally dislikes most mainstream media.

Transformers seems no exception, I'll probably end up torrenting it in a month or two anyway. :rolleyes:

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't say the film was a masterpiece, but in a summer of pretentious borefests, this one was a LOT of fun.

But I agree, Michael Bay isn't even worthy of James Cameron's tablescraps.
When will we see a movie from this genius again!? :(

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

A movie does not have to be a cinematic marvel to be a fun, fun movie. Transformers was a GREAT action movie--nothing but fun from start to finish. I don't think Bay makes many great movies but he has made more than a few good action movies. Transformers was a BLAST. I would go see it again without hesitation.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In all honesty, what did you expect 160IQ? I mean it's a movie based on a 1980 cartoon series ( which hasn't aged well last time I saw it ).
Heck the cartoon series were more like 30 minute toy commercials.

By comparison, did you ever see the He-Man live action film "Masters Of The Universe"? *shiver*

All in all, I enjoyed Transformers, and I might see it again with my little cousin this weekend.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But I agree, Michael Bay isn't even worthy of James Cameron's tablescraps.
When will we see a movie from this genius again!? :(

He's currently working on two projects. One is an original sci-fi movie called Avatar, the other is an adaptation of the vaguely popular anime/manga Battle Angel Alita.

A movie does not have to be a cinematic marvel to be a fun, fun movie. Transformers was a GREAT action movie

I agree to an extent on the first point, though I don't necessarily think that good action scenes excuse an impossibly stupid story. You could at least have a semi-coherent script holding the thing together. If it's just offensively bad, that often kills some of the fun for me. Though there are some stupid fun movies I have enjoyed... Mortal Kombat, Rumble in the Bronx... hell... the original 1986 Transformers film by most accounts was stupid. I happen to like it.

On the second point, I have to vehemently disagree. I found this movie extremely boring. I hate the way Bay directs action, I find his EXTREME super close-up, bouncy cam, can't-hold-a-shot-for-more-than-three-seconds approach to action to be highly irritating, confusing, and dull. Every time they had a potential for a good scene, it was ruined either by Bay cutting to some stupid human character and away from the action, or by Bay's god-awful directing style.

So, for me, this film was NOT fun and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever apart from the good CG work... and that doesn't do it for me anymore. After T2, Jurassic Park, The Matrix, Toy Story, Final Fantasy and Star Wars I really don't think there's anything left to do that would actually impress me, save for maybe the first truly photo-real human characters.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's currently working on two projects. One is an original sci-fi movie called Avatar, the other is an adaptation of the vaguely popular anime/manga Battle Angel Alita.

Ah, I think Avatar is the one where he wants to use photoreal CG humans, knowing him, he might just pull it off. And unlike Final Fantasy he will have a great story to back it up. :smile:

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In all honesty, what did you expect 160IQ? I mean it's a movie based on a 1980 cartoon series ( which hasn't aged well last time I saw it ).
Heck the cartoon series were more like 30 minute toy commercials.

By comparison, did you ever see the He-Man live action film "Masters Of The Universe"? *shiver*

All in all, I enjoyed Transformers, and I might see it again with my little cousin this weekend.

Given Bay's resources and connections in the industry I could have made a much better movie.

In fact, I think almost any director in Hollywood could have. I really hate Bay that much.

The property has so much more potential than what this turdburger was, and it's a shame more people don't see that because they view it as a "toy commercial"... like this film was any better now that they're hocking toys for kids (see your nearest toy store) AND adults (GM).

I'd say that Bayformers is better than the Dolph Lundgren He-Man, not because it was any smarter or did any better by the source material, but simply because it had higher production values. I'd say Bayformers is WORLDS worse than certain other adaptations that were helmed by people who actually had some respect for the source material and some talent as filmmakers, as opposed to Bay who had niether. I'm thinking of Tim Burton's Batman films, Bryan Singer's X-Men films, all three Spider-man films (yes even the 3rd was worlds better than Bayformers), Superman, Superman Returns, Batman Begins, and Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy, to name a few. I'd also say that, as uneven as the original 80's TV show was, the 1986 movie is also worlds better than Bayformers.