Mormon Guys

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
midlifebear, I have no idea why you felt the need to write a long winded uninteresting post about Mormons drinking diet coke. It is not against their religion. Some Mormons have decided that for them they do not want to have caffeine, but it is strictly their personal choice and has nothing to do with Mormon beliefs. THERE IS NO SIN IN DRINKING ANY SODA INCLUDING DIET COKE AND BARQ ROOT BEER. Most of the time Coke was one of the soft drinks offered at Mormon church sponsored parties picnics etc. No one cares in the Mormon church if you drink Coke and it is a mystery to me why you care so much. Like you secretly caught them doing something evil and have to expose them. Is all you are exposing is your ignorance.

We must be talking about completely different cultures. Long winded, maybe, I tend to type fast. But not as long winded as all the admonitions I received from mormons growing up among them and not buying into their belief system.

If you're a recovering mormon, sorry, can't help you. I just find them duplicitous as all get out. :cool:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
An important part of scripture in the Mormon Church is what is commonly referred to as "The Word of Wisdom," through which the Lord advises the saints concerning wine and 'strong drink,' tobacco, 'hot drinks' (all no-nos,) and wholesome herbs, fruits, meats (sparingly) and grains with prudence and thanksgiving so that they may receive 'health in their navel and marrow to their bones' and shall find wisdom and great treasure of knowledge, even hidden treasures' and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. (paraphrased from Doctrine and Covenants 89, which was written in the year 1833)

The hot drinks have since been specified as coffee and tea but there has been no other official clarification of the Word of Wisdom. Instead, members of the Church are encouraged to decide for themselves if they wish to abstain from the more modern caffienated drinks like colas or chocolate.

Another scripture helps to explain this reasoning:

"[FONT=Verdana, geneva, helvetica]For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward." (Doctrine and Covenants 58)

[/FONT]

Gonzo3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Really? Cancer and poisonous jellyfish and tetanus? THose are from Limited human beings?

God is all good?

Who the hell are YOU to DEFINE God?

Who made this world if nor your Good God?

Who made disease and suffering and who created the concept of evil if not God?

You simply can not let an omnipotent creator off the hook for ANY aspect of his creation.

THis is the same crap I hear form every christian who never read the bible...
Look... put away the "cliff's notes" pamphlets that only excerpt the parts of the bible that modern people won't blanch at and READ the book that founds your faith.

The God of the bible commands genocide, Commands infanticide and execution for all number of things, commands adultery, and false witness.

Every single thing forbidden by the 10 commandments is routinely and repeatedly commanded by God.

You can chant that "god is love" but that is an empty platitude.

Allow me to translate this into reason.
You just said that YOUR imaginary friend is better than other people's imaginary friend.

The tooth fairy told me that the easter bunny said Zeus was gonna kick your God's ass.
.................LOL you will never get to heaven with these truths....(the force is strong in one such as you)......... love reading your comments and opinions like a breath of fresh air....PEACE OUT..:smile:

Warrior Boy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
An important part of scripture in the Mormon Church is what is commonly referred to as "The Word of Wisdom," through which the Lord advises the saints concerning wine and 'strong drink,' tobacco, 'hot drinks' (all no-nos,) and wholesome herbs, fruits, meats (sparingly) and grains with prudence and thanksgiving so that they may receive 'health in their navel and marrow to their bones' and shall find wisdom and great treasure of knowledge, even hidden treasures' and shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint. (paraphrased from Doctrine and Covenants 89, which was written in the year 1833)

The hot drinks have since been specified as coffee and tea but there has been no other official clarification of the Word of Wisdom. Instead, members of the Church are encouraged to decide for themselves if they wish to abstain from the more modern caffienated drinks like colas or chocolate.

Another scripture helps to explain this reasoning:

"[FONT=Verdana, geneva, helvetica]For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward." (Doctrine and Covenants 58)[/FONT]

I hadn't checked back for a while. It is interesting, as I casually browse the comments among many of these forums, I quickly gained an appreciation for the wit and humor displayed by PECKER. He has actually made me laugh out-loud on several occasions. I also appreciate the intelligence he displays in certain posts. I do not know him personally, but I suspect I'd like him in real life also.

As for the subject, I have numerous non-member friends. It is a common comment amoungst them that "mormon girls" are HOT! I'd bet the same reason they see those girls as HOT! are the same reasons many men would view other mormon men as HOT! If they truely live their religion, abstain from alchohol, tobacco, and irresponsible living, they are healthier. In many eyes, healthy equals attractive. There's also the element of knowing they have a certain degree of innocence to them. Whatever the reason, it is true they are viewed as desireable by many.

Having said that, contrary to the comments and beliefs of many here, Mormons are not that much different than other Christians. There are obviously a few differences. The Mormon faith does ask for more restraint in endulging in the ways of the world. I see no harm in the docurine of the Church. It is an excellent blueprint for the manner we should live. I have been very fortunate (blessed) in my life and I realize that. Many who know me are actually surprised that because of these gifts that I am so kind and genuine. I always take that as a compliment. As today is Easter, a holiday cebrating the resurrection of Jesus, I'd hope we'd all take a moment and think of the real reason for Easter. After being humbled by that thought, i'd hope we'd all take some time to try and be a little more kind to our fellow humans. The world needs a little love! Happy Easter.

NorthernSchlong

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's interesting how so many people spend their time tearing others down when they could be spending it building themselves up by furthering their beliefs....

Regarding Peckers explination of the Word of Wisdom... THANK YOU! So many people are confused as to what it actually is. Although some people will continue to base their opinion on certain things based on rumor instead of finding out for themselves

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
It's interesting how so many people spend their time tearing others down when they could be spending it building themselves up by furthering their beliefs....

Regarding Peckers explination of the Word of Wisdom... THANK YOU! So many people are confused as to what it actually is. Although some people will continue to base their opinion on certain things based on rumor instead of finding out for themselves

Yeah, would be cool if we spent more time figuring out the spiritual path we ourselves need to be on instead of getting angry about other people's paths.

B_Rob15

Sexy Member
Media
i lived in utah for nine years; it was surprisingly...un-bad. one big gripe i DID have was being around so many guys who skulked around, thinking sex was bad or immoral.

as someone has mentioned here, being gay is just not tolerated in the lds church. mormons are raised from the womb to be part of the group (utah *is* the beehive state, all those busy drones), so when the entire structure of their lives is ripped away upon the revelation they're gay, many (understandably) are devastated by the experience. there is in many a deep internalized homophobia and fascination with the "bad side" that never really goes away.

when i first moved to utah i was watching the news and saw a report on how a mormon bishop had molested a bunch of child parishoners. i came up with this analogy:

a seed put in fertile ground and given plenty of light and water, reaches for the sky tall, strong and true.

a seed grown from under a pile of junk grows twisted and gnarled, its leaves off-color and diseased, doing whatever it can to see the lifeforce of light.

given freedom and nuturing, sexuality is lovely and true. the more one tries to surpress it, the more twisted it becomes as it does its natural aim, which is to see the light of expression!

The last part of what you say is kinda beautiful in an almost poetic and profound kind of way.

Oldcowboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could really go into depth on mormonism---- but not now.

I will tell you, as a young man with neat car, some experience, some cash and a hugh sex drive----go to byu.

Some--- many--- mormon girls really like to fuck. They know theyre probably gonna end up married young to a r.m. ( returned misdionary). and become a brood mare with endless church 'offices'

Get it out in the down low that you party ( tho some girls wholl fuck your brains out will drop you in a heartbeat if they find you drink) that youre very very discreet, and a great lover --- youll be deluged in pussy.

And its a good, cheap school. Biggest danger is someone getting pregnant deliberatly,

I had about 20 " unplanned" pregnancies. Sorry, Hon---scarlet fever-- im sterile--- and papers to prove it.

Once that got around--- i lost 20 pounds in one semester.

Reactions: Bigred12