Mormon underwear?

taking_heart

1st Like
Media
its actually a garment that is taken very seriously by most members of the LDS church. It symbolizes the commitment they made to their lord to follow the commandments. More information if your really interested can be found at Mormon Underwear (Who'd'uh thunk it, right?)check that sight out, its pretty thorough and does a great job of explaining the garment, and answering any questions you may have!
-♫♥♫

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
its actually a garment that is taken very seriously by most members of the LDS church. It symbolizes the commitment they made to their lord to follow the commandments. More information if your really interested can be found at Mormon Underwear (Who'd'uh thunk it, right?)check that sight out, its pretty thorough and does a great job of explaining the garment, and answering any questions you may have!
-♫♥♫

What do they look like out of the package and on a sexy guy?

I believe they are like a union suit made of white knit underwear fabric but with short sleeves and legs, and buttons down the front to the crotch.

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmm, I usually play basketball with Mormons every week. I will ask next time I see them, but from playing basketball their underwear that does show, is really all over the place.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Re: Morman underwear? = "magic underwear?"

What's the big deal if they are just white boxers and a t-shirt? Sheesh.

Uh, less money for "The Corporation of the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints?"

(Remind me sometime to get on my rant, as to what is so wrong with the Corporation, in reference to the DVD of the same title.)

What's the big deal, if they wear ordinary underwear? Uh, duh? Well except to Mormons.

The term used in some exposé videos about the Mormons, from Jerimiah Films in Hemit, California, was "magic underwear," and they explain the bizarre Mormon beliefs, from a Christian point-of-view. What makes Mormon underwear really strange, is the rather superstitious beliefs connected to them. Apparently, not everybody is as convinced as to the supposed "sacredness" of ordinary? underwear, as the Mormons who went to the Mormon temple.

Too bad I ordered those videos, before DVDs became popular. I would have rather had the info, on DVD.

I once played a video game, called "Mormonoids." The premise of the game is pretty simple. You are driving out West, and guess where your car happened to run out of gas. Out in Mormon-ville somewhere. So the object of the game is, to get your gas, obtain some nuclear suitcase thing, and blow the town off the map. But I only seemed to get lost in the town when I played it. But then these games don't seem out to pick on just 1 particular group. I think they were some crazy games people came up with, out of some game construction kit software something or other. There was another one called "Terrorist." Some sort of parody of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. Maybe somebody thought that Fred Rogers song, "It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood ...," was sickly cute, sort of like ugly gray cats, that are secretly plotting to take over the world? I have an old screen saver, mocking stupid cute cats, called "Mowing Boris." Cute gray cats frolic on the lawn, until of course, they get caught into the riding lawnmower. But then they get their turn to get their "revenge." Part of the "Totally Twisted" After Dark Macintosh collection, I think it was.

I am an X-Mormon, BTW. I believe in a lot of what they believe, for somewhat different reasons, but not the presumed "authority" of their "church." I consider myself now, a Protestant Christian, free to go to most any Church that believes in the essentials of the Bible.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that is just sick that a game has been developed to nuke the Mormons. Your comments are bigoted and hateful. It is ridiculous that someone would go to some expose film to find out the beliefs of another religion. Mormons are more than willing to talk about their beliefs. So just ask your neighbor or someone you know that is Mormon. I have never heard them called magical underwear by a Mormon. taking_heart comments were both thoughtful and helpful. Yours are just hateful. If you used to be a Mormon, you obviously have some ax to grind with your former church. People leave other churches all the time and find ones that better suite their needs but usually they don’t buy games whose point is to nuke their former faith. Obvously there are millions of members of that church who find it spiritually rrewarding in their lives.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think that is just sick that a game has been developed to nuke the Mormons. Your comments are bigoted and hateful. It is ridiculous that someone would go to some expose film to find out the beliefs of another religion. Mormons are more than willing to talk about their beliefs. So just ask your neighbor or someone you know that is Mormon. I have never heard them called magical underwear by a Mormon. taking_heart comments were both thoughtful and helpful. Yours are just hateful. If you used to be a Mormon, you obviously have some ax to grind with your former church. People leave other churches all the time and find ones that better suite their needs but usually they don’t buy games whose point is to nuke their former faith. Obviously there are millions of members of that church who find it spiritually rewarding in their lives.
There is some harsh and ignorant remarks on this site about religion. I would have elaborated on why I call my sex partner my consort if people weren't so stupid and hateful. This site seems to have a few ignorant muggles as well as some intelligent people. I seem to attract both but the most rude and ignorant try to gang up on me but it doesn't work.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is only for married people.
I'm not an expert on Mormon dogma, but I don't think it's only for married people. My understanding is that it's for those who have gone through the Mormon equivalent of confirmation - when they are accepted as adult members of the church, whether married or not.

LongRod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have seen Mitt Romney on TV a few times. I find it hard to believe that he is wearing thoses undies pictured under his GQ wardrobe. Mitt is a very dapper dresser and that does not fit in with his outter-wear.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
To the faithful the garments represent sacred covenants. They foster modesty and become a shield and a spiritual protection to the wearer.

I think of them not as mere underwear (for they are not) but as a continual reminder of purpose and faith and as a way to take the temple covenants with me into the world.