Mormons

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I'll start off by saying that I believe in freedom of religion and I judge everyone as an individual. In high school a friend of mine was Morman.

That much being said....

A relative recently converted to Mormanism. This relative has been through many religions, so I'm not too sure this one will stick. But in the meantime it's at least entertaining.

I met the two young men responsible for converting my relative, two guys in their late teens. Okay. So, I respect freedom of religion and freedom of expression. And I try to judge people as individuals. But that's a two-way street. I have a right to my own freedom of expression, and I'll exercise that freedom by saying that I don't like the Morman religion much as a religion. Individual Mormans I have liked, but the religion itself I find bizarre to say the least (something about having a planet, the ummum and the thumbum, or whatever, the robotic goody-two-shoes family units).

But I tried to put this all aside as I introduced myself to the young men, "missionaries" as they call themselves. I introduced myself and then asked their names. They -- these young men in their late teens -- introduced themselves as "Elder so-n-so" and "Elder so-n-so." Not Aaron. Not Jason. Not whatever their real first names are. But "Elder so-n-so." These young boys more than a decade my junior, boys who may or may not yet have pubes, expected me to refer to them as "Elders...." :rolleyes:

I said to them in shock, "People refer to you as 'Elder'? How old are you?"

Poor boys. They did get a little uncomfortable after that. They are supposed to be big men, but they're just little boys.

At any rate, not a fan of the Mormon religion. But then I think all religion is mostly just indoctrination.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Last edited:

mjcp

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Religions only survive if they keep indoctrinating new members or keep giving birth to new ones. Think of it like evolution. Those that reproduce, survive. The Mormons happen to be pretty good at both of those things.
I dated a mormon guy for a few months a while back. He obviously didn't agree with big parts of his religion, but if anyone found out, he'd be excommunicated in a heartbeat. His family would have disowned him, all friends from back home as well. I like Mormons individually well enough, but the religion is a bully.

dobiegirl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up about half mormon and half catholic.... talk about a mix! No matter what you may believe about the LDS, and I do respect your right to believe and feel anyway you do about it, I do have to say that there is no group that takes better care of their own. Almost overly helpful really. Scrape your knee and 6 people will be there with casseroles and offers to watch the kids.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I grew up about half mormon and half catholic.... talk about a mix! No matter what you may believe about the LDS, and I do respect your right to believe and feel anyway you do about it, I do have to say that there is no group that takes better care of their own. Almost overly helpful really. Scrape your knee and 6 people will be there with casseroles and offers to watch the kids.

But the flipside is what the guy above mentioned: step out of line and you lose your entire community, family, etc. I knew a woman who was a lesbian who lost everything when her family found out.

But the flipside is what the guy above mentioned: step out of line and you lose your entire community, family, etc. I knew a woman who was a lesbian who lost everything when her family found out.

I tend to think of Mormonism as the Scientology of the nineteenth century. How anyone could fall for Joseph Smith's ridiculous revelations from a hat, or fail to see Smith's excuse for polygamy (and likewise Woodruff's sudden shift in 1890) as having nothing to do with spiritual needs, strikes me as ridiculous and hopelessly naive. Like most religions that require 300 hoops to jump through to get to whatever nirvana or paradise or heaven they have, they're grossly intolerant of anyone who fails to conform. To a Mormon it doesn't matter who you are but what you are and I find that most un-Christian.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LDS folks for the most part are high achievers, honest, family oriented and "almost overly helpful really". The women and men are drop dead gorgeous.
Regrettably, the Joseph Smith stuff is a problem for rational gentile people.
I wonder how necessary it is for the LDS flock to truly believe in the early escapades of the Church.
I personally find it interesting to relate daily with Doctors, Lawyers, Judges who are VERY rational and competent at their jobs and in a moments notice will compartmentalize their thought processes to do Church related rituals. My town has a high concentration of Mormons and I personally have dealt with them on the basis of a handshake and have become quite successful.
I am not Mormon and have no relatives I know of who are Mormon.

Last edited:
D

deleted3782

I've only known one mormon. He was gay, and had difficulties with the church (not so much from his family). I thought he was well-adjusted...and he enjoyed his mormon heritage. Super nice guy, fit and good-looking, late thirties, extraordinarily bubbly personility and popular, a zillion friends, great job, his own house. He seemed to have everything, but he killed himself in October.

Not saying he is indicative of any mormoms...but he is the only one I ever knew. Quite a shock.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll start off by saying that I believe in freedom of religion and I judge everyone as an individual. In high school a friend of mine was Mormon.

That much being said....

A relative recently converted to Mormonism. This relative has been through many religions, so I'm not too sure this one will stick. But in the meantime it's at least entertaining.

I met the two young men responsible for converting my relative, two guys in their late teens. Okay. So, I respect freedom of religion and freedom of expression. And I try to judge people as individuals. But that's a two-way street. I have a right to my own freedom of expression, and I'll exercise that freedom by saying that I don't like the Mormon religion much as a religion. Individual Mormons I have liked, but the religion itself I find bizarre to say the least (something about having a planet, the ummum and the thumbum, or whatever, the robotic goody-two-shoes family units).

But I tried to put this all aside as I introduced myself to the young men, "missionaries" as they call themselves. I introduced myself and then asked their names. They -- these young men in their late teens -- introduced themselves as "Elder so-n-so" and "Elder so-n-so." Not Aaron. Not Jason. Not whatever their real first names are. But "Elder so-n-so." These young boys more than a decade my junior, boys who may or may not yet have pubes, expected me to refer to them as "Elders...." :rolleyes:

I said to them in shock, "People refer to you as 'Elder'? How old are you?"

Poor boys. They did get a little uncomfortable after that. They are supposed to be big men, but they're just little boys.

At any rate, not a fan of the Mormon religion. But then I think all religion is mostly just indoctrination.

Any thoughts? :confused:

Well, I believe in people's right to have a creed or not. I have met about six sets of Mormons to come by the house. When you get used to a duo...they switch up with another duo of Elders. The Elders aren't allowed to use their first names; to use their penises in a masturbatory or sexual manner with themselves or any other person; and/or to drink any herbal or caffeinated products.

And they wanted ME to become Mormon. I like sex. I like masturbation. I love tea. I love coffee. I don't care for my first name...but I would make up a cool one.

The second set and the fourth set were hotties. I started undressing them with my imagination thinking that they were all dirty minded, all buff and well-endowed underneath all those puritanicals. And the second set were undressing me more with their eyes. And were looking at my crotch while at the door. ("Hey, man, my face is up here...not down there", I thought. :smile: But I really didn't mind. I was too busy reading their dirty thoughts.). I think that the second set of Elders liked me and then I thought...these guys aren't allowed to have sex or masturbate. They would jones Ernest Borghnine if he came to the door with an erection. :frown1:

Then I was thinking that I am not going to seduce these guys as it would be simple. And I really respect those guys. They give up two years of their lives and away from their parents and their friends and families to be LDS missionaries. They aren't allowed to go home on holidays.

The thing I don't like the most about the religion is that the church wants to think for you. You can't be an individual with individual thoughts and opinions. They are fucking sheeple man. They think and do what ever they are told. Look at prop 8. Douche bags.

I could keep going on and on, but for right now this is what bothers me the most about the church. My boyfriend is an ex-Mormon.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wonder if Mitt is as dirty minded as your duo's invisi.
What do you think?
cigarbabe:saevil:

I hope that Mitt Romney is dirty minded. But I really doubt that he is in real life.
He probably still does his wife in the missionary position...the LDS missionary position. Hehehe.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have no probs with Mormonisim
Some of my family members are devout..they put on good feeds??ha
A friend..he 23 i 16 and immature...sort of confused me with his presence/demeanour at the time
I felt sure he was comming onto me/but immature 16yr old country boy me..hung in there and fended off .. those looks'
Ended up...he married with 4 boys...me continually experimenting str/gay...settling on solo gay sort of..>>
aaahhhh such fun thu life/and how earlier impressions can impress or affect us mere humans...ha
enz

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I tend to think of Mormonism as the Scientology of the nineteenth century. How anyone could fall for Joseph Smith's ridiculous revelations from a hat, or fail to see Smith's excuse for polygamy (and likewise Woodruff's sudden shift in 1890) as having nothing to do with spiritual needs, strikes me as ridiculous and hopelessly naive. Like most religions that require 300 hoops to jump through to get to whatever nirvana or paradise or heaven they have, they're grossly intolerant of anyone who fails to conform. To a Mormon it doesn't matter who you are but what you are and I find that most un-Christian.

Yes, I see the parallels between Mormonism and Scientology as well. In fact, I consider them both to be "science fiction religions." I mean, the Mormons literally teach that males get their own planet. It's crazy. I have no idea how people take it seriously. Most likely they need the means the church provides. I've known people who joined it just for financial support and help they offer. This is what religions are usually about anyway: $.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Well, I believe in people's right to have a creed or not. I have met about six sets of Mormons to come by the house. When you get used to a duo...they switch up with another duo of Elders. The Elders aren't allowed to use their first names; to use their penises in a masturbatory or sexual manner with themselves or any other person; and/or to drink any herbal or caffeinated products.

And they wanted ME to become Mormon. I like sex. I like masturbation. I love tea. I love coffee. I don't care for my first name...but I would make up a cool one.

The second set and the fourth set were hotties. I started undressing them with my imagination thinking that they were all dirty minded, all buff and well-endowed underneath all those puritanicals. And the second set were undressing me more with their eyes. And were looking at my crotch while at the door. ("Hey, man, my face is up here...not down there", I thought. :smile: But I really didn't mind. I was too busy reading their dirty thoughts.). I think that the second set of Elders liked me and then I thought...these guys aren't allowed to have sex or masturbate. They would jones Ernest Borghnine if he came to the door with an erection. :frown1:

Then I was thinking that I am not going to seduce these guys as it would be simple. And I really respect those guys. They give up two years of their lives and away from their parents and their friends and families to be LDS missionaries. They aren't allowed to go home on holidays.

Actually, that reminds me. One of the "missionaries" was looking me over as well. Poor guys. No masturbation. No alcohol. No nothing. No wonder they seem like robots. Geez. :rolleyes:

In other words. They do masturbate, but feel very guilty about it.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My high school's senior year was full of mormons. I was friends with 2 of them and 1 of them was weird because she would always give me shit about drinking coffee and caffeine and she would tell me how bad it is since mormons are not allowed to drink coffee or any of that....yet the thing that was odd is she would be nagging to me all the time but at the same time she would always have a mountain dew in her hand! I dont know about that one... then the other mormon was just awesome. I had no idea she was mormon till the teacher told everyone.