Morning Wood - A Question!!

cnw400

Just Browsing
Media
I have woke up for some time now with enormous, hard erections - not a bad thing, true, just wondered what causes these things. Wife caught the business end of one while we were vacationing last year and really enjoyed it - is this sign of virility, is it a sign I'm not dwindling away (I'm 54) or what? I love them - they feel great!:rolleyes:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
You should have been experiencing morning wood for at least the last 40 years. Why has it suddenly gotten your attention?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Nobody seems to know for sure what causes the morning woody. The adult male usually gets an erection every 90 minutes-or-so when sleeping but it would be a stretch to think that the waking woody is part of that cycle.

My grandpa told me that it is a "pee hard," caused by a full bladder. But I don't get an erection every time I have to void, so it must be something else.

Just be happy with it, cnw, while you still get it. One thing is for sure: it results in some of the best sex you'll ever have. :wink:

Now, go thee forth and multiply thy boners.

D_Nick_Nibbler

Experimental Member
Media
I also read it's got to do with having a full bladder. The presure on the bladder presses down on the prostate thus stimulating it and hence the erection.

I usual wake up with a full hard on or a semi, not something that worries me and it is something that pleases the other half from time to time but if my bladder is a a bit full coming is not pleasant.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
id think it would have to do with the sleep-wake cycle

also, a way to test for impotence is to put a strip of stamps around your penis when you sleep and if theyre broken apart in the morning you had an erection, which means it wasnt neurological or vascular cause of impotence.....kinda interesting

Pensive Josh

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My best guess is that morning wood is part of a natural male cycle. I wake up with a hard-on practically everyday, it's perfectly normal. It's kind of a bitch when I have to take a piss right when I get up and I have to maneuver my dick in such a way to allow me to pee without making a mess. :happysad:

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When asleep, the body does a good bit repairing and building and one explanation that I've read is that erections increase the blood supply to the spongy tissues and therefore increase nourishment during that activity.

Media
Don't concern yourself with what causes a morning hardon, be happy that you're still getting one! And, apparently getting some powerful ones, too! It sure is great to be male, alive, and to wake up to a great hardon!

NovaBone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I lived in a dorm that had one huge restroom on each floor.
The sight of all that morninig wood lined up at the urinals every day is something that's etched into my mind forever. :32:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Pecker said:
Nobody seems to know for sure what causes the morning woody. The adult male usually gets an erection every 90 minutes-or-so when sleeping

Now, go thee forth and multiply thy boners.

:eek: wow...i love male bodies more and more..

I have to attach some kind of alarm on it that goes only to my ears not his to not wake him up...and when its happening i wake and see it...

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeh Dongalong...he already knocks at my back to show me his is awake and ready and we bang delicious...

But I want to see it growing while he is sleeping....growing and sleep again..growing and sleep again...not when he awakes...

WOW...i love males bodies..so fantastic machines...

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Morning wood helps to pull the covers off the bed. It's annoying when it's cold outside and all you want to do is snuggle between the sheets. Resolution: go take a leak or whack the meat, come back to bed and go back to sleep.:smile:

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
:eek: Once after a boozy night at a wedding, in the morning I was stuck in bed with embarrasment because I had a "permaboner" that lasted for at least 3 hours!
I was worried that I had priapism, must have been something in the wine that caused this.

chris4869

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"A man's penis becomes erect in response to sexual arousal, excitement, and deep relaxation, such as what's experienced in deep dreaming sleep."

To clarify that... When you are awake, there is an active muscle that blocks the blood from rushing to the penis, unless you are stimulated etc.. When you are asleep, the muscle is relaxed and blood is allow to rush to the penis. Instant :banana: :fing02:

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In college all the guys had morning wood under their boxers or boxerbriefs. It was just how it was in the AM. Everyone rubbing eyes and tons of wood.
Jake
PS Growing up I got to see my dad in the morning in his boxers. I hated it when I had a friend stay over cause I knew my dad would come walking into the kitchen with a tent in his shorts.