Most accurate pollster in 2004: Obama 44.8%, McCain 43.7%, Not Sure 11

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Looks like the liberals are gonna have too try stealing another election when they can’t win it fair and square ….

IBDeditorials.com: IBD/TIPP Economic, Presidential Election, and Political Polls -- IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll: Day Eleven

IBD/TIPP Tracking Poll: Day Eleven

Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2008

McCain has cut into Obama's lead for a second day and is now just 1.1 points behind. The spread was 3.7 Wednesday and 6.0 Tuesday. The Republican is making headway with middle- and working- class voters, and has surged 10 points in two days among those earning between $30,000 and $75,000. He has also gone from an 11-point deficit to a 9-point lead among Catholics.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
1Bigg1, you do realize that national polls are fairly meaningless, since they don't translate into electoral votes. Regardless, this poll is the only one released today that has the race even within it's margin of error.

B_Morning_Glory

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait a minute, Bush is a liberal?

LOL, i thought that very same thing but my words were since when LOL. goodness if the reps, aren't messed up this yr, LOL. well at least some are. and some are voting democrat. those are the good Republicans. you ANGEL'S YOU.
bless your heart.:wink:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1Bigg1, you do realize that national polls are fairly meaningless, since they don't translate into electoral votes. Regardless, this poll is the only one released today that has the race even within it's margin of error.

i have to agree with part of your statement (that national polls are relatively meaningless...especially the ones that had Obama up 14 points just last week)

obviously it will come down to the voting in the swing states...

but this was not the only poll released that showed narrowing...AP came out with a very similar one yesterday, that said nearly the same thing, and had the race well within the the margin of error.

a one point lead for Obama

AP presidential poll: All even in the homestretch

this is starting to look ominous for Obama, especially if all those polls about race costing Obama 6 points on election day come to fruition. obviously, it is speculative, but it is a concern. (the poll was about a month ago, by the AP, Yahoo and Stanford University)

Poll: Barack Obama could lose six percentage points on election day for being black

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
  • "Most accurate pollster" of the 2004 season is TIPP's own advertising spin: they made some significant errors that canceled out in a lucky way.
  • TIPP's own results include the following asterisked footnotes: "Age 18-24 has much fluctuation due to small sample size." Let me repeat: small sample size. TIPP got very favorable results by not including many young people in their poll. The accuracy of their results, then, necessarily depends on young voters not voting. That's been true in the past, but Obama's been especially successful at energizing the youth vote.
  • TIPP used the following party weightings: 32% Democrats; 31% Republicans; 36% Independent/Other. That's only a 1% gap between Democratic and Republican weightings. No other major pollster uses such a small gap: Rasmussen uses 5.5%, Gallup uses 9%. Even FOX uses a 7% gap. Unless TIPP knows something these other pollsters don't, they're underreporting Democratic response by a few percentage points.
Even with these anomalies, Obama is still ahead. Looks like liberals won't have to steal elections (and really, if we had that power, you think we'd have let you guys steal 2000? :mad: )

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
this is starting to look ominous for Obama, especially if all those polls about race costing Obama 6 points on election day come to fruition. obviously, it is speculative, but it is a concern. (the poll was about a month ago, by the AP, Yahoo and Stanford University)

Well if we're talking national polls:

10/22

ABC/Post Obama +11
Battleground Obama +2
Diageo/Hotline Obama +5
Gallup Obama +8
Rasmussen Obama +6
Research 2000 Obama +12
Zogby Obama +9.6

10/23

ABC/Post Obama +11
Battleground Obama +4
Diageo/Hotline Obama +5
Gallup Obama +6
Rasmussen Obama +7
Research 2000 Obama +10
Zogby Obama +11.9

Regardless, the poll the original poster quoted has McCain winning 74 to 22 among 18-24yo. Unless that poll was taken at a College Republicans dinner, I'd say it's pretty suspect.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Even with these anomalies, Obama is still ahead. Looks like liberals won't have to steal elections (and really, if we had that power, you think we'd have let you guys steal 2000? :mad: )

LOL! Love your attempt at revisionist history but in case anybody actually believes your obvious distortion from reality that was Al Gore trying to steal an election, not George Bush :rolleyes:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LOL! Love your attempt at revisionist history but in case anybody actually believes your obvious distortion from reality that was Al Gore trying to steal an election, not George Bush :rolleyes:

If Al Gore wanted to steal something from GW...all he had to do is hold up something shiny.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

You're putting words in my mouth: I didn't say it was George Bush who stole it. I'm saying it was Rehnquist, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy, and O'Connor who did.

Mark my words: Future historians will judge Bush v. Gore as harshly as either Plessy or Korematsu.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You're putting words in my mouth: I didn't say it was George Bush who stole it. I'm saying it was Rehnquist, Scalia, Thomas, Kennedy, and O'Connor who did.

Mark my words: Future historians will judge Bush v. Gore as harshly as either Plessy or Korematsu.

History will laugh at Al Gore for his silly antics trying to steal an election and his fear-mongering on global warming while riding around the world in a private jet to give talks on the subject lol!

slurper_la

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
most accurate? 1Bigg1 - you really are a fool.

This is not the time when John McCain can afford a bad polling day. And yet he's had perhaps his worst one of the year.

The national trackers were essentially a push -- three moved toward Obama, two toward McCain, two were flat -- but the action today is at the state level. And boy, there is a lot of action: 29 new state polls enterring our database. And many of them contain great news for Obama.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3050/2968423354_dc64bff338_o.png

We already discussed the Big Ten and Quinnipiac polls, which are exceptionally strong for Obama across the board. But those aren't the only places where he's putting up some intimidating numbers. National Journal and SurveyUSA join Big Ten and Quinnipiac in giving Obama a double-digit lead in Pennsylvania, as does the Morning Call tracker. The Schroth Eldon & Associates poll for the Miami Herald and St. Pete Times in Florida, which has a fairly good reputation, puts him ahead by 7 in the Sunshine State. SurveyUSA now gives him a lead in Indiana, joining PPP and Big Ten; Indiana has turned blue on our map.

Obama even leads in Montana, a state which his campaign has never disengaged from, according to an MSU-Billings poll. Importantly, the MSU poll mentioned Ron Paul by name, who is on the ballot in Montana. He drew 4 percent of the vote, the precise difference between Obama and McCain. Furthermore, Obama's strong results in deep red states like Montana and Indiana lead our model to conclude that North Dakota may in fact be in play, as well as two of Nebraska's three congressional districts. If the election were held today, the Obama campaign might very well sweep every state on their target list.

To find good news for McCain, you have to go South -- to the deep South -- where new polling inArkansas, Texas, and Louisiana suggests that those states have yet to become competitive.

As a result of all of this, there is now no perceptible rebound for John McCain; in fact, the race may still be trending toward Obama, although the safer assumption is that it's flat. Meanwhile, Obama's electoral position appears as strong as ever. John McCain's chances of winning the election have dwindled to 3.7%, down from 6.5% yesterday.

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/10/todays-polls-1023-mccain-on-life.html

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Aw, hell. Even the "most accurate" poll still shows McCain loooooooosing. I can live with that.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
really?

10 national polls and 23 of 29 state based polls disagree but IBD is THE most accurate?

you're delusional.

Reread the title of this thread again r-e-a-l-l-y s-l-o-w and look closely for the part that says “in 2004” – I think you might have missed that earlier. :wink:

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This "result" is from the poll nazi's at IDB. It's a complete joke. (read here.)
This poll claims that 74% of voters aged 18-24 support John McCain.

That means they asked 50 kids at a Palin rally.

538.com is run by a conservative republican, who is an obsessive statistician. If you're serious about polls, check out his stats.