Most annoying person

longtimelurker: According to amiannoying.com, Eminem is currently leading the most annoying person poll.

Who do you find really annoying and why?

I'm going to start by completely alienating all non-UK members by saying David Dickenson. He's a TV antiques 'expert' who hosts this annoying show that for some reason the BBC thought should be brought from the depths of daytime TV obscurity to prime-time.

He just walks around being very orange, making stupid, unfunny jokes and just being generally annoying. He even did a nude centerfold for the Radio Times - he's 62 for God's sake!!!

For those with a strong stomach, you can see the results at http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_734347.html

longtimelurker: [quote author=AnonyMs link=board=99;num=1064526848;start=0#1 date=09/25/03 at 14:50:18]
And for most annoying person nominations, I guess you would prefer someone with some sort of celebrity status as opposed to a particular family member or the ettiqutte-challenged person in the cube down the hall?
[/quote]

I dunno, as long as you can put across what it is about them that really grates...

awellhungboi: Although I find his facial expression highly annoying, I have to agree with Nony about Mr. Dickinson. I hope my body looks that good when I'm 62.

As for most annoying person . . . gosh, there are so many annoying celebrities in America, how can you choose just one? Right now, J. Lo and Ben Affleck get my vote.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
The clowns of FNC's "Fox and Friends".

Gawd, just thinking about these idiots makes me want to hurl. They talk over each other, often about totally different subjects, laugh at inappropriate times during grusome news discussions, try to impress important guests with their grasp of the topic ("Oops, Mr. Secretary, I'm mixing you up with that other Mr. Secretary [giggle!]")

No wait, that's the bunch of clowns at "Today". Or is it "Good Morning America." Or maybe it's "This Morning" on CBS.

Oh well. No matter.

Pecker

(Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.)

Longhornjok: I'm with Monstro, there are far too many choices. If I think of one who I find particularly irksome at this time, I'll post here. Meanwhile, Massivepkg, I am sure Gilbert Gottfriend would be thrilled to know he even rates a mention at this point in his career. :D

mindseye: As annoying as Gilbert Gottfried is, I'd have to say Carrot Tops him...

About a year or two ago, I've have also suggested Tom Green, but his fifteen minutes seems to be up -- fourteen and a half too many, in any case.

dable_wi: With the Emmy's still fresh in our minds and her insipid red carpet interviews, how about Joan Rivers? Virtually nothing that comes out of this woman's mouth is even mildly funny. And who the hell decided that she should sit in judgement of the outfits that others wear? Christ, Joan, people in glass houses......

As soon as Bobby Trendy, Anna Nicole Smith's fuh-laming interior decorator (former), appears, I turn the channel. I cannot stomach him, even for a moment.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hang loose, dable_wi -- after another face lift or two, Joan won't be able to open her mouth, so we won't have to hear any more from her!

A few who top my list are some locals on Memphis TV. Just be thankful you don't get them on yours.

inquiringmind: Hi Guys,
I would have to say after "Bennifer", the cast of "Friends " get my vote. Who cares if it is your last season? Running commercials in slow motion does not make them any less inane!

Inquiring mind

prepstudinsc: I'm in agreement with a lot of those already listed:
Bennifer
Gilbert Gottfried
Carrot Top
Anna-Nicole

but, I would add:
Brittney
Christina Aguilera
Christopher Lowell
Emeril
anyone and everyone who has been on one of the following: Survivor, Big Brother, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Joe Millionaire, etc., etc.

gigantikok: I'm totally with Monstro on this one. J.Lo, J.Lo, J.Lo. I shouldn't even fucking call her that. Her name is Jennifer Lopez, that's what I'll call her, dammit. Anyone who so pretensiously changes their name to 3 letters already gets my vote for being annoying, but what makes her most annoying is her mind boggling career. How can a woman with such a forgettable singing/music career and such a bad string of forgettable movies be considered so unforgettable? Can anyone who isn't a hardcore fan actually remember or be able to name any particular song she sang in the last 4 years? I can't. So then why is she named 15 on the list of the top 200 greatest icons? Why does she keep getting movie roles? Why does she get so much attention? Nothing more annoying than someone who is overrated and doesn't deserve the attention.

Hey now, Gilbert Gottfried may be a little annoying because of his voice and mannerisms, but he is funny. I'd hardly consider him the MOST annoying.

...But yea, pretty much came down to Carrot Top and Jennifer Lopez, I just felt like ranting about "J.Lo".

7x6andchg: So much for my plan of changing my name to 7x6 (dropping the & change is SOOOOOO trendy these days).

You know who really annoys me, at least from a fame perspective...those freakin' Hilton sisters...Paris and what's her name...oh, man...just the idea that merely by being rich and hanging out places you can become an icon...how about a little TALENT here people?

Sheesh....

7x6&C

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
How about annoying people in commercials?

Like the idiot 'interns' in the Dell Commericals (who never seem to do a lick of work) and the twerp who preceded them until he got caught packing weed.

"Dude! You're gettin' 6 months to a year!"

Pecker

(If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.)

mindseye: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1064526848;start=0#14 date=09/26/03 at 12:08:57]Like the idiot 'interns' in the Dell Commericals (who never seem to do a lick of work) and the twerp who preceded them until he got caught packing weed.[/quote]

...which just goes to show it's not a Gateway drug! :)

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hummmm -- I wonder if Ewan McGregor is ever on Hollywood Squares. I could abide lots of really annoying
guests, just keeping my eyes focused on him. Well, guess I'll have to throw on "The Pillow Book" DVD and eagerly await seeing his nude display!

aj2181: I have to agree with all of you on the lists of annoying people you've got so far.

Here are just a few of the ones that give me headaches.

Martha Stewart, The old guy at the end of 60 Minutes, My computer design Proffessor, Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska, The duck from the Afflack comercials.

I'll stop I could go on and on.