Most Catholic guys circumcised?

Billy Batts

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting question. IMO, it's more of a cultural norm in the states and Australia. I was raised Catholic and circumcised but it was probably for cosmetic rather than practical reasons. It's not common in Europe for most countries, Catholic or otherwise. When it comes down to it, the American girls I talked to about it tend to be more concerned with a circumcised penis' aesthetic appeal rather than the functional benefits of having it done. I think dads usually don't care or just don't get a say when it comes to circumcising their boys.

CapAmerica

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My father wasn't...but my brother and I were...when it came to my son...I said "no"...but my wife said "yes" and it was done when I wasn't at the hospital...don't understand why it's still done in this era...wish I had mine.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm Catholic and was born in the mid 50s in New Orleans, a very Catholic city. My mom's OBGYN, however, was Jewish and I was born in the city's Jewish hospital, believe it or not. I along with all my brothers and cousins and 99% of my friends are cut. I didn't see an uncut guy until I was 25 or so (my first trip to Europe!). I don't think it had anything to do with being Catholic but rather cultural and just something done regularly at that time!

itakemyvitamins

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
me -> catholic - states - cut

think it was kinda the "norm" for my generation

i would definitely prefer to leave my son uncut..when that day arrives.

don't really have a grasp on what is the most "attractive" or preferred by women...maybe it varies by generation?

i have an older cousin (30's, very successful, & also cut) who had his first son a couple years ago. he took a poll at his office about what to do (office women were all late 20's -30's )....the unanimous conclusion.....off with his head!! i have to say, i was kinda surprised....no love from the ladies for the skin.

generally, i wish i still had mine :(

D_Onerimus Pudchewer

Account Disabled
Media
I was a boarder at school.

We all had to shower togather... so knew who was cut and uncut.

I felt sorry for the uncut guys who were teased for being different... but was secretly envious.

My best mate was uncircumcised and I have left my two sons intact.

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was born in a Catholic family (I'm atheist now) and I was left uncut. I got cut as an adult and if I had sons I would more than likely have them circumcised. My two best friends are uncut. My dad is cut. Every man on my mom's side of the family except two are uncut. Just about every man on my dad's side of the family is cut.

I think it's more traditional/cultural. I wish I was cut from a baby.

Reactions: kexin9f9

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
me -> catholic - states - cut

think it was kinda the "norm" for my generation

i would definitely prefer to leave my son uncut..when that day arrives.

don't really have a grasp on what is the most "attractive" or preferred by women...maybe it varies by generation?

i have an older cousin (30's, very successful, & also cut) who had his first son a couple years ago. he took a poll at his office about what to do (office women were all late 20's -30's )....the unanimous conclusion.....off with his head!! i have to say, i was kinda surprised....no love from the ladies for the skin. generally, i wish i still had mine :(

Maybe the women should have also been asked if they wanted their daughters vaginas mutilated like they do in some places with female circumcision.. I bet they would have a different reaction then!

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was born into a Catholic family, and attended Catholic schools, and all my family-- myself included-- and the few friends whose penises I saw were uncut. However, we all came from immigrant European families.

I used to think circumcision was only a Jewish practice.

BJs4You IL

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
In the old days circumcision was eschewed by Catholics as a Jewish custom, so most Catholics were uncut. But in the US, it was common for what were thought to be hygienic reasons to cut. I was uncut, but then the foreskin was too tight, so I was cut when I was 10 anyway. I much prefer being cut personally. But I would think most older Catholics outside the US would be uncut. And it seems these days there are alot more guys going uncut. I don't know about my dad or older brother, and frankly, I don't want to know. My younger brother, but very close in age to me, was cut, while I was uncut -- reasons unknown.

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm catholic and uncut, think it's more regional than religious though!

It totally is...unlike Islam or Judaism, there is no ritual of circumcision in the Roman Catholic Church. My family is Catholic and all the males in my direct line are cut (except for my son)...but my cousins in Italy, Germany and Argentina are not. Here is an interesting map from the WHO/UNAIDS task force.

File:Global Map of Male Circumcision Prevalence at Country Level.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
I'm catholic and uncut, think it's more regional than religious though!

Ditto.

There's no religious factor.

I'm older, Catholic, cut; went to an all-male Catholic college where almost everyone lived in dorms. This was in the Northeast. I didn't actually count, but we might have been 90% + cut. Instead, I think it may reflect how many were born in big city hospitals and in that generation that described so many Catholics.

pleasureboy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
most catholic guys in Louisiana are cut. I think it's less whether you were catholic but more whether you were born in a catholic hospital and did your pre-post natal stuff there. Also, I'm not sure that it's a current thing as back in the 70's and 80's it was thought that foreskins led to hygiene problems and that's no longer thought to be the case.