Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Mandoman, remember that the Vatican knowingly protected priests who had "played" with young boys. So the leadership is not trustable. And they still refuse to allow marriage or to allow females to be priests. In the 21st century, this is ridiculous and they only have themselves to blame when they end up attracting a greater percentage of gay pedophiles.

The catholic church still refuses to acknowledge the use of condoms. They have killed tousands in africa because of that. It is only recently that they reluctantly agreed to allow the use of condoms when males have sex with high risk females (aka: prostitutes).

A church which refuses to move with the time ceases to have moral leadership and is worthy of criticisms and sarcasm.

(and yes, I was born catholic).

Leadership is about leading society, not preventing its change by keeping rules that are no longer applicable or relevant.

The catholic church should have been promoting the use of condoms in africa instead of pushing for abstinence and getting Bush Jr to widthhold funding for any NGO that promoted the use of condoms.

I'm in total agreement, however, the remark by bitops was tasteless and below-the-belt. Not to mention adding nothing worthwhile to the debate.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Catholic priests obviously prefer their little sexual partners to be uncut!

I am a non-practising catholic and I am very critical towards these facts. But I think that also members of the protestant churches ALL OVER EUROPE (I don't know much of Estern Orthodoxy, although they weren't tender with the Turks) should keep quiet because their communities have their good share of skeletons in the cupboard.

mandoman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mandoman, remember that the Vatican knowingly protected priests who had "played" with young boys. So the leadership is not trustable. And they still refuse to allow marriage or to allow females to be priests. In the 21st century, this is ridiculous and they only have themselves to blame when they end up attracting a greater percentage of gay pedophiles.

The catholic church still refuses to acknowledge the use of condoms. They have killed tousands in africa because of that. It is only recently that they reluctantly agreed to allow the use of condoms when males have sex with high risk females (aka: prostitutes).

A church which refuses to move with the time ceases to have moral leadership and is worthy of criticisms and sarcasm.

(and yes, I was born catholic).

Leadership is about leading society, not preventing its change by keeping rules that are no longer applicable or relevant.

The catholic church should have been promoting the use of condoms in africa instead of pushing for abstinence and getting Bush Jr to widthhold funding for any NGO that promoted the use of condoms.

You so have no idea what you are talking about. I was molested by a priest, I no longer participate in anything Catholic, but that slur was uncalled for. Any time you attack someone's religion directly, it is simply wrong.
The Pope told the Africans that if condoms were necessary to keep them healthy, they could use them.
So, what really was your point?

B_mrrocksontherocks

Experimental Member
Media
The modern Roman Catholic Church maintains a neutral position on the practice of non-religious circumcision, and has never addressed the issue of infant circumcision specifically This came from a 5 second internet search.
Fuck I must be seriuosly bored to be posting in this thread.
p.s. why is this in the healthy penis section.

Last edited:

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am also Catholic and gay so there's suppose to be a conflict there but there's none. I live my faith directly with God not by the dictates of the men in Rome. I believe God created us in His image and likeness so being gay is a reflection of who I am in His eyes. He created me and He loves me just the way I am, period. Moreover, I don't believe that being gay is the so called sin, but rather, the promiscuity that has prevailed within the gay community. I strongly believe that any committed union is blessed in His eyes.

Regarding the scandal in today's Church, there are countless Priests around the world committed to their Church, their work and their communities. Their "bride" is the Church itself and there is no other life for them! These Priests go on everyday unrecognized for their countless efforts to help the helpless, those less fortunate and the marginalized. But the few who have messed up are brought to the forefront and the entire Church is rocked. And those who have always hated the Catholic Church, for whatever reason (praying to Mary or the Saints, having the Pope as the head of the Church, whatever) make it worse with their rantings. Yes, the cover up made things worse but in some regard I'm not sure the hierarchy knew to what extent this was happening in the thousands of dioceses around the world. Furthermore, I know personally that there were cases where a Priest was brought up on charges and it was found that the young man and his family conspired together to bilk the local Diocese of money just to have a pay day. Thankfully, that Priest was found to be innocent but could not be placed in a parish because of this blemish.

And don't blame this on celibacy. These scandalous misdeeds are everywhere, everyday. The Protestant church has its fair share as do other organizations where married men are involved with children - boys and girls alike. It's up to parents to teach their children to be on the look out for anything out of the ordinary. Yes, there are adults who truly love working with kids and young adults and are innocent but they also must be careful not to cause any wrong ideas in anyone's heads. Another Priest friend doesn't even touch children when their parents come with them to communion. Where once he would touch their head and administer a blessing, he no longer does that but just makes a blessing (cross) a few feet away. It's sad, really, that they have to go to such extremes.

Last edited:

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Regarding the scandal in today's Church, there are countless Priests around the world committed to their Church, their work and their communities. Their "bride" is the Church itself and there is no other life for them! These Priests go on everyday unrecognized for their countless efforts to help the helpless, those less fortunate and the marginalized. But the few who have messed up are brought to the forefront and the entire Church is rocked. And those who have always hated the Catholic Church, for whatever reason (praying to Mary or the Saints, having the Pope as the head of the Church, whatever) make it worse with their rantings.
How does that make it worse? Actually none of those things bother me. What bothers me about the RCC is its claim to have the last word about The Truth about ALL aspects of religion and belief, faith and morals, and until recently, astronomy (and hence physics), geology and biology.
Yes, the cover up made things worse but in some regard I'm not sure the hierarchy knew to what extent this was happening in the thousands of dioceses around the world.
They have a vast bureaucracy whose job it is to know just such things. "Asleep at the wheel" is not an excuse here. And don't forget the many, many priests who were just shifted from one parish to another, to prey on a new set of children, based on "confession and sincere repentance". Or how about the ones who have been given, and still have, shelter WITHIN THE VATICAN ITSELF - which means the freedom of the city of Rome; hardly onerous.
Furthermore, I know personally that there were cases where a Priest was brought up on charges and it was found that the young man and his family conspired together to bilk the local Diocese of money just to have a pay day. Thankfully, that Priest was found to be innocent but could not be placed in a parish because of this blemish.
So was it one case, or "cases"?

And don't blame this on celibacy. These scandalous misdeeds are everywhere, everyday. The Protestant church has its fair share as do other organizations where married men are involved with children - boys and girls alike.
I'd like to see an independent study of that. I suspect the RCC share is disproportionate - because the cycle of sin, guilt, confession, penance, absolution, freedom from guilt, sin, means they have no residual guilt to stop them from doing it again. Catholics are disproportionately represented in prisons.

But not only does celibacy fuck up their heads (wouldn't it make them perpetually horny?), it gives them an unwarrented odour of sanctity that encourages - just about demands in strongly Catholic countries - parents to entrust their children to them.

Last edited:

jonboy53

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Most males are circumcised in the USA (90-95%). They who are Roman Catholics and many other males in different religions are also. Circumcision now is for all not just for Jews and Muslims. There are different reasons. In my college just about all males were circumcised. I am an Protestant. Many priests among Catholics are circumcised. Most male Mormons (LDS) are also. A close Mormon friend of mine, who is a priest and his wife just had their new son circumcised.

ruggerkit28

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I think circumcision is pretty much a USA protestant thing. Apart from Jews (not so much with modern Jewry) and Muslims, and a few tribes, the rest of the world it none too fond of performing infant male genital mutilation.

D_F_Ng_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends more on the country than on the religion. I have been to several Catholic countries in Europe and I can tell you that almost all the guys were uncut.

dad4you

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Most males are circumcised in the USA (90-95%). They who are Roman Catholics and many other males in different religions are also. Circumcision now is for all not just for Jews and Muslims. There are different reasons. In my college just about all males were circumcised. I am an Protestant. Many priests among Catholics are circumcised. Most male Mormons (LDS) are also. A close Mormon friend of mine, who is a priest and his wife just had their new son circumcised.

I was born Mormon, raised somewhat Mormon, and left that when it became intolerable. I am uncut, my dad was uncut, my brother is uncut. Religion probably doesn't have much to do with circumcision as much as family rituals do.

kenny233

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm Catholic, but I believe the reason I was circumcised is because I was born in the United States. I was raised in and still live in a predominately Catholic region. Only a few of my friends were uncircumcised, but I never really associated it with religion. I really don't even think my parents gave it any thought, and probably just had it done because it was the norm - just like vaccinations.

Reactions: kexin9f9

GuillaumeBordeaux

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

0nly 60% of adult males are circumcised in the US. Only 35% of infant boys are being cut today in the US. 80% of men in the world are NOT circumcised.