Most creative ways to propose?

dirtyblacksummer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have noticed the Women's Issues forum has, of recent, become a raging bitchfest. To lighten the mood around here, I pose an honest question.

What are some of the most creative ways your spouse/friends have proposed to their loved ones?

I for one hate the idea of marriage, but enjoy the ingenuity in ways people have proposed.

I'll start.

A friend of mine and his "Special Lady Friend" were out at a local state park. After hiking and spending a day out in the sun, they retired to a secluded lakeside cove where they began to skip stones across the water, during which they discussed their future plans together. After awhile my friend began mocking his lady friend about how much she sucked at skipping stones he continued to mock her and as she focused harder and harder on a seven skipper (he was handing her the stones) he slipped her the box with the ring in it. She was so taken by the task of skipping she almost whipped the engagement ring into the lake, but once she saw the box in her hand she wept and said yes.

P.S. lets try to stick to things more original then the ring in the champagne glass.

GO!

double_digit

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a special shoe box. It's filled with shiny things(tm). When the time is right, I'll pounce, and then share the box. Then she can add her shiny things. But it's serious when you show her the *sparkly* things - save that for marriage. :D

Oh wait, you meant to ask this from the standpoint of how PEOPLE do it?

Ummmm, haven't gotten to that point yet. Not quite sure if I ever will. I am pretty certain though that something will come to mind, everyone's different and appreciates much, varied and wild things. :> Just have to know your partner long enough to figure it out and which heart strings to pluck at for a symphonic melody. ;D

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
what's wrong with a raging bitchfest? :mad:

i've been propsed to in bed, at our local bar, over a valentines day meal at home and in my front room.

i'm not married to any of them because i don't want to get married, so i don't have an opinion on good ways to propose.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
My 1st hubby spelled the proposal out in food colouring in the snow

2nd one just took me to the jewellers (boring)

3rd one sang karaoke and asked me infront of everyone

4th one pulled a xmas cracker with me and the diamond fell out onto my napkin

My last hubby didnt ask,he just called me wifey........and he's my favourite!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My 1st hubby spelled the proposal out in food colouring in the snow

2nd one just took me to the jewellers (boring)

3rd one sang karaoke and asked me infront of everyone

4th one pulled a xmas cracker with me and the diamond fell out onto my napkin

My last hubby didnt ask,he just called me wifey........and he's my favourite!

I love the xmas cracker one! The karaoke one sounds fun, too!

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yup, asking in public isn't really asking, because they've already assumed your answer and laid on the pressure of an audience.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The karaoke one made me feel uncomfortable - what if I need to say no? It could lead to much embarrassment for both of us.

I think that's part of the reason why it's romantic. He's going out on a limb! Taking a huge chance!

yup, asking in public isn't really asking, because they've already assumed your answer and laid on the pressure of an audience.

True, but there is still something romantic in taking such a huge chance that a woman would turn you down.

It does indicate a certain amount of certainty that a woman will say "yes" but there's nothing wrong with that.

Ever see the guy that was shot down at the basket ball game? It was brutal!

Yikes! I saw that!

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
True, but there is still something romantic in taking such a huge chance that a woman would turn you down. I can't help it, I still think it's romantic.
i don't see anything romantic about risking her feeling awkward, guilty and humiliated.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i don't see anything romantic about risking her feeling awkward, guilty and humiliated.

If she was going to say no, then that's the risk, but he's taking the same risk himself. If she said yes, it would be a wonderful memory for the rest of her life, and that's what's so romantic about it. He created a beautiful memory for the two of them to share.

He hasn't done anything wrong if he feels confident that she'll say yes when he asks. In fact, it's better, because that means that they're on the same page. I don't think that's something a man should be judged for. Maybe she's been giving off hints that she's thinking about marriage, maybe he just knows her well enough that he knows that she'll say yes.