Most creative ways to propose?

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I love the xmas cracker one! The karaoke one sounds fun, too!

The xmas cracker one was the one that surprised me the most...the karaoke one was embarrassing.About 200 people turned and looked at me.I felt like sliding under the table...without him :smile:

The karaoke one made me feel uncomfortable - what if I need to say no? It could lead to much embarrassment for both of us.

I felt uncomfortable once i saw the ring,it was stunning but he could ill afford a real diamond and emerald.I would have been just as happy with fake stones.

yup, asking in public isn't really asking, because they've already assumed your answer and laid on the pressure of an audience.

I agree but i think he only did it there as he knew i'd say yes as we'd discussed it hypothetically a few times.

I wish i had have said no to him LOL!

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After a 6 year on-and-off-again romance in L.A., and a final 4 month bi-coastal affair, I flew my wife into NY, took her on a tour of the brownstone I was renovating in Brooklyn. We went out to dinner and then for a walk on the Brooklyn Promenade, overlooking the East River and downtown Manhattan. It was a beautiful June evening, with the lights of the City framed by the Brooklyn Bridge above us, the moon shining on the river and the Statue of Liberty off in the distance. I pulled her close to me, took her hand in mine and, slipping a ring on her finger, asked her if she would live the rest of her life in my arms.

How could she say no?

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
After a 6 year on-and-off-again romance in L.A., and a final 4 month bi-coastal affair, I flew my wife into NY, took her on a tour of the brownstone I was renovating in Brooklyn. We went out to dinner and then for a walk on the Brooklyn Promenade, overlooking the East River and downtown Manhattan. It was a beautiful June evening, with the lights of the City framed by the Brooklyn Bridge above us, the moon shining on the river and the Statue of Liberty off in the distance. I pulled her close to me, took her hand in mine and, slipping a ring on her finger, asked her if she would live the rest of her life in my arms.

How could she say no?

By shaking her from side to side:tongue:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wouldn't know Personally, but I know my step-dad gave my Mum a Mulberry handbag as my mum collects those sort of things, and inside was a diamond Ring.

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In the hospital, while she's giving birth to your lovechild. When the doctor hands you the baby, stick the ring on the baby's hand, then hand the baby to your girl.

Step back and enjoy

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How many of you got to pick your own rings? I'm asking because I didn't do that, but I would have picked the exact same ring he did. He actually had a close girl friend of his help. No, not a girlfriend, lol! She said, "Get her a rock."

We're choosing the ring together. He knows that I have particular tastes and I'd enjoy choosing.

:rolleyes:

quite the opposite.

he bought something far more expensive, because telling the world that he loved me £xxxxxx worth was more important than giving me what would actually suit my style.

what i wanted was a fraction of the cost.

That's a very bad sign.

I don't mean any offense, but I also think it's a bit tacky to choose an engagement ring specifically with the intention of making other people feel inferior.

TheBF is exactly the opposite. He worries about getting a ring that looks significantly more expensive than the rings our peers wear, because he doesn't want to make anyone feel self-conscious that their rings are smaller or less expensive.

I haven't seen her in a couple of months, and I'm a bit lovesick. :redface:

Aw!!!!

How could she say no?

That sounds beautiful!

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wouldn't know Personally, but I know my step-dad gave my Mum a Mulberry handbag as my mum collects those sort of things, and inside was a diamond Ring.

I actually really like this one. I don't use handbags myself, but your step-dad obviously did it in a way that was special and specific to your mum. This is what I call romance.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I actually really like this one. I don't use handbags myself, but your step-dad obviously did it in a way that was special and specific to your mum. This is what I call romance.

That's a sweet one, too!

A friend of mine filled their apartment with flowers because his girlfriend loved flowers so much. He bought all her favorite flowers, and he knew all the ones she loved most, buying as many as he could from several florists and then he invited all of her friends for a surprise party when she returned from abroad. Every surface was covered in bouquets of flowers. He was concerned about embarrassment if she said no, so he told all the friends it was a welcome home surprise party and he asked her to marry him at the airport. When they arrived he announced that they had gotten engaged.

Later she complained to me about the party and the way he asked her to marry him, but that was the way she was, selfish, ungrateful, impossible to please, and easily finding fault in others. I envied her all the time because I wanted to find a man who would treat me like that, and I thought she was terrible towards him. They only lasted 2 years. Now he's with a woman who appreciates him and they're having a baby, too. :smile:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's a sweet one, too!

A friend of mine filled their apartment with flowers because his girlfriend loved flowers so much. He bought all her favorite flowers, and he knew all the ones she loved most, buying as many as he could from several florists and then he invited all of her friends for a surprise party when she returned from abroad. Every surface was covered in bouquets of flowers. He was concerned about embarrassment if she said no, so he told all the friends it was a welcome home surprise party and he asked her to marry him at the airport. When they arrived he announced that they had gotten engaged.

Later she complained to me about the party and the way he asked her to marry him, but that was the way she was, selfish, ungrateful, impossible to please, and easily finding fault in others. I envied her all the time because I wanted to find a man who would treat me like that, and I thought she was terrible towards him. They only lasted 2 years. Now he's with a woman who appreciates him and they're having a baby, too. :smile:

I'm surprised she complained. I think it sounds lovely. Flowers are another thing that wouldn't work for me, but as he knew she loved them, it's appropriate and special. And he did the right thing by asking her in private and having a cover story for the friends in case she said no or she wasn't sure.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's a very bad sign.

I don't mean any offense, but I also think it's a bit tacky to choose an engagement ring specifically with the intention of making other people feel inferior.

TheBF is exactly the opposite. He worries about getting a ring that looks significantly more expensive than the rings our peers wear, because he doesn't want to make anyone feel self-conscious that their rings are smaller or less expensive.
no offense taken.
i didn't marry him.