Most emotional movies you've ever seen

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Where the red ferns grows. Danm those dogs made me cry.

Exactly! And as a child in Georgia I had 2 hounds so this movie still I cannot watch again.

oh and I forgot-
" 8 seconds" with Luke Perry playing Lane Frost the rodeo bullrider- he was an idol of mine when I was rodeoing so the movie really wrenched at my heart

and lots of the ones others of you have mentioned, too- gosh it seems I can't think of many I DIDN'T have an emotional response to!:confused:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
The only 2 movies that have ever hit me with the proverbial emotional brick, are

"The Fountain" - Tommy: "You pulled me though time." It is THE most heartfelt, emotional, ball your eyes out love story ever put to film. My favorite movie of all time as well.

"Requiem for a Dream" - At the ending scene where it showed his mother in the Mental hospital, that hit me like no movie ever has. The look in her "once friend's" eyes are nothing but pure pain and sadness. I'm not sure if it's Arnofsky's camera style, or just the way the scene was shot, but I cried for a good 10mins when they wheeled her out. I vowed after seeing that film that I'd NEVER miss an Arnofsky film ever.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sorry Prince Will, didnt see your comments on AHX before, I add the previous reply to your first mention.

don't worry about it. :biggrin1: plus, i heard that their was supposed to be more to the ending. After his brother's murder, Derek was supposed to shave his head and become a skinhead again, which would have honestly been too traumatic for me.

I bought, and watched, Requiem for a Dream exactly once. I don't know that I ever want to see it again. It's a brilliant film, but very difficult to watch. Requiem for a Dream may be the one movie I can never watch again and I have seen thousands of movies. It ranks as the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

That said, I've never seen Salo so I can't say Requiem for a Dream will ever be the only one.

Last edited by a moderator:

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I bought, and watched, Requiem for a Dream exactly once. I don't know that I ever want to see it again. It's a brilliant film, but very difficult to watch. Requiem for a Dream may be the one movie I can never watch again and I have seen thousands of movies. It ranks as the most disturbing movie I've ever seen.

That said, I've never seen Salo so I can't say Requiem for a Dream will ever be the only one.

Same here. I have zero desire to ever see that movie again. i don't think i've ever cringed more in one movie...especially with the "ass to ass" scene.

Same here. I have zero desire to ever see that movie again. i don't think i've ever cringed more in one movie...especially with the "ass to ass" scene.

That did stick in my mind, but not for that reason. I have a near phobia of hypodermic needles and the only time I watched someone shoot-up on-screen, in Pulp Fiction, I became dizzy and nauseous (which was minor compared to the OD scene). I'd make a horrible heroin addict, which is a great thing because coke doesn't do a damn thing for me and I suspect I'm more the heroin type. :tongue:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
That did stick in my mind, but not for that reason. I have a near phobia of hypodermic needles and the only time I watched someone shoot-up on-screen, in Pulp Fiction, I became dizzy and nauseous (which was minor compared to the OD scene). I'd make a horrible heroin addict, which is a great thing because coke doesn't do a damn thing for me and I suspect I'm more the heroin type. :tongue:

For me it wasn't even about the drugs. It was how Harry was treating his mother, and her need for Harry to make something of himself and be what she pictured mentally. I was completely engrossed in the mother/son dynamic in that movie. It was almost as if the fate of Sara was tied to the fate of Harry. It makes me think everytime I watch it.

Last edited:

barkerfan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's My Party. With Eric Roberts and Margret Cho. I couldn't say a word for 2 hours after. It was the only time a movie has left me speechless. Legends of the Fall is pretty up there too. I criedfrom the time Samuel died till the end.

Last edited:

For me it wasn't even about the drugs. It was how Harry was treating his mother, and her need for Harry to make something of himself and be what she pictured mentally. I was completely engrossed in the mother/son dynamic in that movie. It was almost as if the fate of Sara was tied to the fate of Harry. It makes me think everytime I watch it.

Ugh. You're going to make me watch it again aren't you? Grrrrrr....

wattz00

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"Brokeback Mountain - Just the last scene when Heath Ledger's daughter comes to visit him and he is living in the trailer all lonely and shit and I think back to the chances he had to be happy with his daughter's mother and teh woman he met after that."

Think what you want, but I'm pretty sure you missed the point of the movie - Heath's character Ennis wasn't sitting around mourning the lost chances he had with the women in his life...his gay lover was murdered by homophobic rednecks....

Although, I do agree with you that it was one of the most emotional movies I've ever seen...

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
For me:

Sleepless in Seattle. I shed throughout that movie. The scene where Annie (Meg Ryan) is sitting at the kitchen table listening to the recap of Dr. Marcia's talk radio show and she's peeling her apple in the same fashion that Sam (Tom Hanks) described the way his wife did. Then at the end when she's having dinner with Walter and the heart lights up on the Empire State Building. She looks at him and says, "Walter, I have to go..." It gets me every time.

Meet Joe Black. It's in the last scene where Bill (Anthony Hopkins) is tellin' his daughter how much he loves her, expresses his pride for her, and literally says goodbye. She listened so intently to his words because she knew that...he was leaving. All she could say was, "I love you, Daddy."

Brokeback Mountain. That was a phenomenal love story. My cry point was when Ennis called and spoke to Jack's wife.

I saw Torch Song Trilogy when I was a little kid. I didn't have anyone to discuss that movie with then, but I sure felt everything that they conveyed.

There are so many movies that get me like that. I can't name them all.

Oh, Titanic, of course, when Rose runs back to Jack while the ship is sinking. That's either some really deep love or one of the best dicks around, lol:wink:

And Ghost...when Demi cries, I cry.

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yea, that last....say 20 minutes...of Brokeback Mountain got me. And the Part when Ledger's guy was on teh phone with Jack's wife and he's finding out about his death and it shows him getting beat to death. That part kinda confused me though. Is that how he imagined it because of teh story he told Jack about his experience with gay bashing when he was younger? Or is that how it actually happened?
I think that Heath's character was just imaging the worse as he listened to Jack's wife because he knew that there was the possibility of it happening like that. We could assume that it happened as she described but Ennis' emotions ran deep and his thoughts ran away on him.

Last edited:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Ugh. You're going to make me watch it again aren't you? Grrrrrr....

I want to see your thoughts, or if it struck you the same way it did me. Also, when the characters are in trouble, like in the end of the movie when Tyrone is going through his withdrawal symptoms, he curls into the fetal position to help ease his mind, while Marion does the same thing after getting what she wanted at the ass-to-ass party. Harry doesn't do this seeing as how he knows that his girlfriend is gone (not dead but lost to drugs), and his mother is in a catatonic state with a 24/7 Thorazine drip. Harry finally realized that he fucked his life up beyond repair, and there's nothing he can do about it.

iain_ware

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Beaches - gets me when hilary dies and C.C. sings the last song.

Brokeback - have to agree with others, when Ennis holds and smells Jacks shirt that is emotionally heartfelt and the last scene Ennis alone.

The Color Purple - when Celie's is reunited with Nettie and her children at the end.

Philadelphia - when Andy is saying goodbyes and dies and the songs La Mamma Morta by Maria Callas and Streets of Philadelphia by Bruce Springsteen.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I want to see your thoughts, or if it struck you the same way it did me. Also, when the characters are in trouble, like in the end of the movie when Tyrone is going through his withdrawal symptoms, he curls into the fetal position to help ease his mind, while Marion does the same thing after getting what she wanted at the ass-to-ass party. Harry doesn't do this seeing as how he knows that his girlfriend is gone (not dead but lost to drugs), and his mother is in a catatonic state with a 24/7 Thorazine drip. Harry finally realized that he fucked his life up beyond repair, and there's nothing he can do about it.

Harry does it...but he cannot move his left arm since it is gone, but he is in a faux fetal position, leaning to his right, legs bent and tucked up a bit, leaning to the right....after the nurse says "she'll come"

besides, he does not know that she is catatonic and on a 24/7 drip...she has not gone in to the hospital yet when he leaves for Florida with Ty

His mother does it too (the fetal position)...she is on her back and then eventually rolls on to her side into a semi fetal position as the narration from her imaginary TV show plays

YouTube - Requiem for a Dream - ending scene

Last edited:

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
Harry does it...but he cannot move his left arm since it is gone, but he is in a faux fetal position, leaning to his right, legs bent and tucked up a bit, leaning to the right....after the nurse says "she'll come"

besides, he does not know that she is catatonic and on a 24/7 drip...she has not gone in to the hospital yet when he leaves for Florida with Ty

His mother does it too (the fetal position)...she is on her back and then eventually rolls on to her side into a semi fetal position as the narration from her imaginary TV show plays

YouTube - Requiem for a Dream - ending scene

This is true.. hmm.

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is true.. hmm.

LOL

yup...it is a film with alot to think about :wink:

Ironically, the only one who "survives" is MArian. She will make a fortune and feed her addiction...but she will lose her soul selling herself.