Most Frequent Married Arguments

ranredd

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Eesh! I feel for you. I'd be pulling out my hair.

My wife learnt very quickly that this approach doesn't fly with me. She was raised with the traditional approach of the man being the dictator in the house and she must bow down and obey his every demand. At first I'd argue with her about my wanting her to be a person so her wants and needs were equally important to mine. It still carried on and I was faced with many situations like this...almost called off our wedding because each time I tried to find out what she wanted, I'd be told, "whatever you want is fine by me". So she soon learnt the hard way that this doesn't work and she'll loose out big time.

To use your situation as an example of how I've learnt to deal with things: Which is what I call the "you said so" approach.

Me: Cool. Let's go.
Wife: Where are we going?
Me: Well, you said "anywhere" so I guess that it will be a surprise.
Wife: But where?
Me: Not telling. Does the word, "anywhere" ring a bell?
(Stop outside a restaurant that I'll intentionally pick that she doesn't like)
Wife: Oh no! Not here!
Me: Well, you told me anywhere, anywhere means anywhere so TADA, welcome to anywhere (at this point I smirk).
Wife: (GLARE - daggers flying at the speed of light)
Me: Hun, I'm not a mind reader. Now are we going inside or would you care to suggest some other place...and bear in mind that anywhere includes this place.

I no longer have to drag suggestions out of her.

Best advice I've seen in a long time. Definitely going to use it

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Me and my wife are called the "sweeties with no bottom", because we eat all kinds of foods in industrial quantities and at any time, and we are always very tender, caressing, holding hands, loosing ourselves in eacother eyes...

Food curiosity really is a cement of our relationship (not the most important one, obviously). Luckly we are still both underweight. :cool:

I used to have a girlfriend who at table was a nightmare: I don't eat this, how can you eat that, etc. It didn't take me long to kick her butt out of my life. Usually who is a nghtmare at table, is a nightmare in bed, who is curios at table, might be curios also in bed, at least this is my experience.

Iluvmywife333

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife and i used to have problems choosing a restaurant...mostly cause we both try to do what the other wants :redface: But i found that the more you get to know your partner the more you can manipulate the person into saying how they feel.

Partner: Let's go eat!
me: where to?
Partner: Anywhere is good.
me: how 'bout xxxxx. You really loved their food.
Partner: Do you want to go there?
me: You didn't say no. xxxxx it is! :biggrin1:
Partner: Yay! Thank you!

The trick is...never complain or show any sign of apprehension, otherwise this would have turned into an argument of me not going where i want to, etc etc. Women are just as eager to please and get approval from men as the other way around...it's such an awesome arragement....to bad most marriages are falling into such a decline.......

B_AZBiGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I was a pizza delivery guy on weekends during college and you'd be surprised the number of times I arrived with a pizza and interrupted the couple at step 3. Those deliveries were usually good tips because the couple just wanted me to get the hell out of there in a hurry.

I would've invited you in to join us!! :)