Most Haunted Live

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to admit Most Haunted is one of my major guilty pleasures, anyone else watch it?

I notice it's being shown in the USA for the first time on a travel channel, any of our transatlantic friends watching it??

pawbear56

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have to admit Most Haunted is one of my major guilty pleasures, anyone else watch it?

I notice it's being shown in the USA for the first time on a travel channel, any of our transatlantic friends watching it??

Yes, it's being shown also in the UK and some parts on Europe on Sky TV.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oooooooooh it's all kicking off, people being scratched and cut!!

I wanted to go down to those vaults when I was in Edinburgh last, but my big rugged Scottish ex-boyfriend was too chicken lol

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek - I think I'm going to need a volunteer to come and look after me or I'll never sleep tonight haha

agnslz

Loved Member
Media

Yes! I watch it every Friday night on The Travel Channel. I think it is a hoot!:biggrin1: Derek Acorah is a scary individual. His 'posessions' are at once absurd, scary, bizarre and hilariously funny. I just love how they ask for signs of a ghost's presence ad nauseum. Every time saying "just give us one more sign." How many bumps and noises does it take to convince them that they are not alone?:rolleyes:

Oooooooooh it's all kicking off, people being scratched and cut!!

I wanted to go down to those vaults when I was in Edinburgh last, but my big rugged Scottish ex-boyfriend was too chicken lol

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek - I think I'm going to need a volunteer to come and look after me or I'll never sleep tonight haha

One of my favorite episodes is the Edinburgh vaults episode. I also like the "Ancient Ram Inn" episode. That poor man screaming after he was 'attacked' and thrown on the floor was funny!:redface::biggrin1:

They have been showing all the Most Haunted Live episodes in the afternoon on the Travel Channel since Sunday. As I've said, they normally show Most Haunted on Friday nights every week.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi agnslz,

yayyyyyyyy glad I'm not the only one who is hooked!! Have you been watching Most Haunted Live over the past couple of nights?

Have to say, it's much better now Derek has gone, he was such a fraud. Did you ever read about the 'Rik Eedles' and 'Kreed Kafer' debacle?

David Wells is brilliant though, so I'm pleased now he's the lead psychic on the show.

I've been watching since the beginning and absolutely love it. I think my favourite episodes were from Pendle Hill, it was really scary.

Can't wait for tonights show, if it's anything like last night it will be a good one.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LPSGERS!!

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The only problem with this programme (apart from derek acorah of course) is that sometimes wen karen jumps u can just see someones hand behind her (anyone else think that one or more of the camera are playing silly buggers??). but to be honest dont see the fasination have tried to watch a couple and is crap

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not sure who you meant when you said Karen, do you mean Yvette?

I'm not really sure I believe it all, but for entertainment value, I love it!! Roll on 9pm tonight :biggrin1:

stetree

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not sure who you meant when you said Karen, do you mean Yvette?

I'm not really sure I believe it all, but for entertainment value, I love it!! Roll on 9pm tonight :biggrin1:

Oooops thought had got the name wrong :rolleyes: What can I say am really really bad with names hehe

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL stetree - well, you were close - in as much as they both contain E :biggrin1:

BigPoppaFury - do you like joining him as he "brings the two worlds just a little closer together"? haha. I've watched him a few times and he seems quite good. I like that other fella, Tony Stockwell.

I'm beginning to think I might have a mini obsession for the paranormal going on lol

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Hi agnslz,

yayyyyyyyy glad I'm not the only one who is hooked!! Have you been watching Most Haunted Live over the past couple of nights?

Hello to you as well Denise.:smile: Yes, I've watched it since Sunday and as I write this, I am watching the parts of the finale that I missed earlier today. It has been shown here two times already! Today I missed most of the actual live broadcast because I got home about two hours after it had started.

Have to say, it's much better now Derek has gone, he was such a fraud. Did you ever read about the 'Rik Eedles' and 'Kreed Kafer' debacle?

David Wells is brilliant though, so I'm pleased now he's the lead psychic on the show.

I absolutely agree on both points! And, no, I don't believe I've read about that debacle. Fill me in on it if you care to.

I've been watching since the beginning and absolutely love it.

Ditto!:biggrin1: I've only watched the first two episodes in their entirety. I'm liking tonight's episode so far as well.:smile:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi again agnslz,

The 'Rik Eedles' and 'Kreed Kafer' story is that someone on the team wanted to prove that Derek was a fraud. To do it they made up spirits that were supposed to haunt locations they were at, and they left the details somewhere that Derek could find them. And lo and behold, during filming he 'contacted' these spirits. It happened at two different locations, I can't remember which ones though sorry.

Rik Eedles - Derek Lies
Kreed Kafer - Derek Faker

I think it was the parapsychologist, Kieran, who set him up.

My opinion is that Yvette and Karl (and probably the entire team) were getting a bit fed up with Derek and his dramatic 'possessions' because they weren't doing the show any favours, more and more people were just seeing it as a laughing stock. I think they wanted to discredit him so that they could get rid of him, because it wasn't long after these fake spirits that it was announced Derek was leaving.

BigPoppaFury

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LOL stetree - well, you were close - in as much as they both contain E :biggrin1:

BigPoppaFury - do you like joining him as he "brings the two worlds just a little closer together"? haha. I've watched him a few times and he seems quite good. I like that other fella, Tony Stockwell.

I'm beginning to think I might have a mini obsession for the paranormal going on lol

Coling Fry is great, I went to see him in Watford maybe a year or two ago. I felt a little out of place, being the only guy under 30 and the only one who wasn't dragged there by his wife, but I had fun.

Tony Stockwell is ok, John Edward is straight up annoying. Derek Accourah is incredible, he's a comedy show. He got possessed pretty much every week on Most Haunted. He made it compulsive viewing for me, because it made me laugh so much. Yvette is just annoying.

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
My wife and kids watch the hell out of that shit. Me? I'm too smug and probably lack imagination. I pretty much stick to the history channel.

I love the pale green light and white pupils though.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
Hi again agnslz,

The 'Rik Eedles' and 'Kreed Kafer' story is that someone on the team wanted to prove that Derek was a fraud. To do it they made up spirits that were supposed to haunt locations they were at, and they left the details somewhere that Derek could find them. And lo and behold, during filming he 'contacted' these spirits. It happened at two different locations, I can't remember which ones though sorry.

Rik Eedles - Derek Lies
Kreed Kafer - Derek Faker

I think it was the parapsychologist, Kieran, who set him up.

My opinion is that Yvette and Karl (and probably the entire team) were getting a bit fed up with Derek and his dramatic 'possessions' because they weren't doing the show any favours, more and more people were just seeing it as a laughing stock. I think they wanted to discredit him so that they could get rid of him, because it wasn't long after these fake spirits that it was announced Derek was leaving.

Ah. Thanks for filling me in!:smile:

How great is that then?:biggrin1: I wonder what's happened to Derek Acorah's spinoff show? I haven't seen it on the Travel Channel in a while. I wonder if it was done away with like he was on Most Haunted?

Anyhoo, I loved last night's finale but I had to keep switching between it and an American show called "Ghost Hunters" which was also doing a live show last night. I just love the paranormal and anything to do with ghosts.

BTW, it was ice cold in my house the entire time I was watching Most Haunted Live!:eek::rolleyes: Alas, the cold was due to not having the heating turned on yet.:tongue:

Weren't those viewer experiences/sightings scrolled on the bottom of the screen great?:biggrin1:

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi again Agnslz

Derek Acorah's Ghost Towns has a new series on Living TV at the moment, but it's rubbish, I've never watched a whole show. I just think he lost any credibility he might've had. So it's just Most Haunted for me :biggrin1:

No Yorkie, we weren't sniggering - honest :wink: