Most heartbreaking film you have ever seen

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here are my choices

Virgin

A young girl who grows up in a strict religious community is raped while unconscious and becomes pregnant and then is ostracized by her comminity when she proclaims it to be an immaculate conception.

Bastard out of Carolina

A young girl grows up in a violent and dysfunctional family and takes the brunt of a stepfather's malice in order to hold the family together.

Old Maid

This one is a tear jerker from the 30's based on an Edith Wharton Story. A young woman has a child out of wedlock during the civil war by her cousin's jilted lover. In retaliation her cousin stops her wedding and slowly over the course of her life takes her retaliation by taking everything from her including her child.

THe Heiress

Based on Henry James's story, Washington Square. A young woman growing up wealthy and unloved finds fleeting happiness with a fortune hunter who abandons her when he thinks her father is going to disinherit her.

Like Water for Chocolate

A young woman has her life put on hold by a mother who has decided that she will never marry because she is the youngest. Adding to the heartbreak is hte fact that her mother marries her suitor off to her older sister and she must watch in frustration throughout the years and can only express herself through her cooking.

House of the Spirits

This is the film of a Chilean family's rise to power. The most heartbreaking part of it is the Protagonist's older sister who is unjustly accused by him and sent out into the night. She returns to the house after her death to say good bye to the only two people who ever loved her her sister in law and her niece.

THe Magdalene Sisters

A group of young women who are sent to a Catholic home for wayward women in Dublin and are subjected to almost life long slavery. This is a true story unfortunately. THe last of these homes/ laundries closed in 1995 . In the story one girl was raped, one was retarded, one was an orphan and one had a child out of wedlock but they were all sent to this home.

Secrets and Lies

A young black woman in England goes looking for her birth mother and finds much much more than she ever bargained for...

The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearn

A middle aged woman in Dublin seeks to find a purpose for her life after spending her youth caring for an aged aunt.

Dancing at Lughnasa

A family in Donegal struggles to make ends meet at the beginning of WWII and watch their lives unravel as they try desperately to push forward.

MAd Love

Queen Juana of Spain and Castille heir to Queen Isabella and Archduke Ferdinand finds herself locked in a castle for 50 years of her life for the crime of loving her husband too much.

Farewell my Concubine

Two young boys are raised to play the roles of their lives. The most pathetic scene is where one boy is beaten until he says he is a girl when they want to train him to pay female roles.

Malena

A woman who is destroyed and hated by women and lusted after men in her small WWII town in Sicily because of her beauty.

Nights of Cabiria

The story of a good hearted prostitute in post WWII Rome who searches for love in all the wrong places.

Tess of the D'Urbervilles

A young woman's fall from grace for no other reason than the fact that her beauty attracts evil to her life.

House of Mirth

A young woman who loses everything in the midst of the treachery of High society during the Gilded age.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sophie's Choice

and Pan's Labyrinth. (the most heartbreaking, yet wonderful film)

Also Schindler's list, but I've only seen parts of it and not the whole film.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sophie's Choice, the scene where she is forced to choose between her children is one that really upset me; AI - that little robot was so faithful and his adoptive mother was a horrible cow- can't think of any more off the top of my head.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sophie's Choice, the scene where she is forced to choose between her children is one that really upset me; AI - that little robot was so faithful and his adoptive mother was a horrible cow- can't think of any more off the top of my head.

I agree about both of those . I cant watch AI now for that reason I think of his last scene. Poor thing talk about fatal attraction.People treat dogs like that as well.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not a film but the last episode of Blackadder where they all ran out into no man's land to certain death was extremely sad and poignant, all the more so because it was unexpected at the end of a comedy series.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Philadelphia--Tom Hanks, Antonio Banderas, Denzel Washington.

Apartment Zero--Colin Firth and Hart Bochner.

Chuck and Buck--Chris Weitz, Paul Weitz, and Mike White.

Single White Female--Bridget Fonda, Jennifer Jason-Leigh.

Mulholland Drive--Naomi Watts, Justin Theroux, Billy Ray Cyrus.

Boogie Nights--Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore.

The Mother--Daniel Craig

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a teenager I watched Red Dawn, and I thought the ending was totaly crap. Now when I see it as a much wiser person, it really moves me.

The ending of Saving Private Ryan was pretty heavy.
( Albeit typical Hollywood Rah Rah B.S.)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My number one pick as far as older movies go has to be a tie between Philadelphia-Tom Hanks and Beaches-Bette Midler.

chris

Tickled Pink

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not a film but the last episode of Blackadder where they all ran out into no man's land to certain death was extremely sad and poignant, all the more so because it was unexpected at the end of a comedy series.

I agree, bloody fantastic that! Also Beach's cos it reminds me of me and my best friend, AI, The Lord of the Rings of course and many more...

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My number one pick for the most recent movie is The Notebook-James Garner(2004).
chris