Most Important Discovery/Invention Ever

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, people have already mentioned the two inventions I always talk about as the two best inventions ever - birth control and indoor plumbing! :biggrin1:

But yeah, I have to agree about the wheel, fire, written language, etc. as well...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The light-bulb. It was invented in NJ and is one of the first uses of electricity.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
language wasn't invented, discovered or harnessed. The human animal has a natural biological predisposition for it. If all language was forgotten, there would be completely new languages within a single generation.

I thought maybe you'd forward photography. Itself pretty important.

nope, i still put language forward. i could argue with you why i think it was a discovery or an invention but i have to get to the bank.

i will, however, put photo at a close second.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I often wonder what medical techniques used today will astound and dismay doctors of the future.

Per Star Trek, the fact that surgeons actually cut into bodies during this era.

NCbear (who's trying to head off the inevitable discussion of either circumcision or certain elective plastic surgeries like calf implants for men)

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I often wonder what medical techniques used today will astound and dismay doctors of the future.

I know what you mean. I wonder if anything will replace the cardiopulmonary bypass machine, invented by Dr. Clarence Dennis.

I am still in awe that a person's heart can be temporarily stopped and the machine takes over. But to have to bring the temp of the body down....brrrr
I just wander if the technique will be replaced to perform more efficient bypass surgeries?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Eye glasses... without which I could not read or look at all the sexy people on lpsg!