Most Romantic Evening

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by nudeyorker, Jul 3, 2007.

1. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I searched but could not find a thread like this; Last night was the most romantic evening I have ever had. I met someone at the top of The Empire State Building (The evening air was perfect and neither of us got run over by a taxi cab getting there)
    I hired a car and we had champagne as we drove through the park and had dinner at "Elaines's".
    Following dinner at my apartment we listened to Cole Porter and kissed by candle light!
    The rest is too intimate to share!
    Share your best date or romantic story!

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

That's so cool, nudey - sounds like a top date.. I'm going to have to have a little think before I post my most romantic - there are a few contenders..

3. D_Sherian_LaNeige

D_Sherian_LaNeige Account Disabled

Ooh that sounds very glam!

My most romantic evening was a Valentine's day when we had no money as we'd just moved in to a new flat. We made a meal out of what we had in the cupboard, used an old bedsheet as a tablecloth, borrowed a candelabra from the hall downstairs, and listened to a classical CD that we'd got for free with the newspaper that day. It definitely beats the following year, when we stayed at a top Knightsbridge hotel and got food poisoning...

4. Full_Phil

Full_Phil New Member

Steaming lobsters by the ocean on Butter Island, killing most of two bottles of Sancerre chilled by the ocean water while continually toasting the fact that there was enough wind to keep the mosquitos away, laughing until our sides split, making love more than once in a sleeping bag and not bothering to "freshen up", eating day-old donuts the next morning. Not my usual venue, but I remember it (and her) well!

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I loved these two stories...no one else?

6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

OK - I worked out which one gets the prize for most romantic.

3rd night of my honeymoon (Mediterranean) - the hotel had it's own private beach in a small cove - strictly off-limits at night. We bribed a barman to unlock the gate for us and we snuck down with an ice bucket and champagne and made love, in and out of the water, til dawn.

7. B_ironsoul

B_ironsoul New Member

for valentines day one year, my boyfriend at the time didn't tell me where we were going, but told me to get dressed up. We drove 2 hours to Boston to the Science museum and watched the Pink Floyd lazer light show. Then we had dessert in the city.
    Nothing crazy, but it was soooo sooooo awesome. He really knew me, and what I loved, and it wasn't typical. That was what made it so good.

8. magicmorgan

magicmorgan New Member

I thort i would bring this up...

first date with this girl!

we met online a weekago, (however we knew eachother by sight). after several long indepth conversations we met up on saturday night when she was in town with her mate. we were literally stuck to eachother all night long, and we kissed eachother goodbye. it feels very real (like hollywood haha :):):)).

anyway, i am taking her out on a date on friday.

she said (jokingly) if i do something sweet she would fall 'wildly in love' with me.

sooo its in my best interest to do that!

my idea;

take her out to dinner (request a low lit place, with a candle)

then take her to the top of the hills for dessert, over looking the city at night, and eat ice cream cones that ill chill in my boot prior.

while listening to awesome music.

sound good?

9. Northland

Gold Member

A romantic evening, afternoon, morning or any other romantic time must include the Chrysler Building.

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well there was a recent one at the Halekulani...but I'll share the Hawaii stories later!

11. naughty

Gold Member

I am still waiting....

12. Catchoftheday

Gold Member

One day I will have a romantic evening...or maybe one evening I will have a romantic day or...maybe not :biggrin1:

13. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I'm home alone all day tomorrow waiting for the cable man. I'll give the summer details...promise!

Draft saved Draft deleted