Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What can I say. Breaking up seems the best response, but it just ain't easy to do. Suggestions? Funny, asking how to break up on a romantic based thread :tongue:

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
On a Valentine's Day.... put a huge heart in pink twinkle lights on our outside picture window... made her a delicious candlelight dinner, then open the draperies to show her the twinkling heart glowing for her.......she melted into my arms...

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok guys, I want to know some of the most romantic things you've done for your significant other... :)
And, was it worth it in the end?
I'm not sure about it being the most romantic thing I've ever done but probly the most selfless I've ever been in my life when it comes to another human being.
When I met my significant other she was suicidal and on the fence about life in general, she had recently lost her fiance (who was a cop)in the line of duty and her last boyfriend sold everything she had in a yardsale while she was out of town. He also cleaned out her bank account and left her in a pool of blood because she didn't have anymore money to give for his drug habbit.
Anyways, I ran off her drug addicted boyfriend and we became real close friends. I tried my best to comfort her and let her know it was all going to be alright, being a widower myself I understood her pain. Well we ended up getting together. Partly because she'd keep me up all night on the phone till the sun would come up so I figured if I ever wanted to sleep again that the best thing for us both was to just move in, so on christmas eve that's what I did.
Things were going great but she kept harping on the fact that a doctor told her she couldn't have anymore children, thus she started to shut down again in the love department. Well guess what, I got her pregnant and the doctor said it was a miracle. Overnight she was glowing again, along the 18th week we went in for a scan to see how the baby was doing. As the nurse moved the device along her stomach she couldn't find the heart beat, I picked up on what was going on but said nothing to her. She had no idea what was going on with the baby and we would have to wait for the doctors appointment to find out the results. While we were waiting I asked for her hand in marriage and she said yes. So we went down to the courthouse and got married that afternoon, later in the evening the doctor told us both the news. She was devastated but now she had a husband instead of a boyfriend standing by her side. The baby had died from the emb. cord being wrapped around his neck, he never had a chance. We named him christopher and after the baby was born stillborn from enduced labor we had him cremated. Our love was almost gone but we'd become best friends and we still told each other everyday that we love each other, I guess our love grew stronger than ever through those tough times. We never saw each other sexually as we once did in the beginning of our relationship but we still hung on. Well guess what happened, after a spell of depression and her telling me when it was the right day to make a sperm donation she got pregnant again and today we share an 11 mth old little girl named christelle. Sometimes we sleep together and sometimes we don't but our friendship is stronger than ever and I've never seen anyone turn their life around as much as my wife has, today she's in school studying to be a nurse and she lives her life for that little girl. Where her life was once doom and despair it's now a life in the fullest. I don't know where our marriage is heading but I do know that the three of us are a beautiful family and I intend on making sure that my wife and daughter are able to see all of their dreams come true whatever they are. Today what makes me happy is knowing that they are happy and that's all that matters anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What can I say. Breaking up seems the best response, but it just ain't easy to do. Suggestions? Funny, asking how to break up on a romantic based thread :tongue:

Be honest. Tell her how you feel, and what you want yo do about it. If she can't respect that then she doesn't respect you. A relationship is about two people. Its not all roses but without respect, in my opinion, you have nothing. I'm no guru, just a guyy giving you his point of view. Do what you feel, as long as your true to yourself.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

If you've decided it's definitely what you want to do, just gather your courage and do it. The way that Intrigue suggested is good. Not that anything makes it easy but his way is probably least hurtful.

Whatever you do, don't use the method I did with one of my relationships. I didn't have the balls to break up with him to his face, so I cheated on him in the hopes that he would break up with me. I ended up feeling awful because I think cheating is wrong, and it didn't work (he forgave me), so I had to get that courage together in the end anyway. Big, big mistake. In my defense, I was young and drunk. It was still a bad way to do things.

If it isn't something you think you can live with forever, I do urge you to move on sooner, rather than later. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to end up feeling as though you wasted the years you were with her.

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ This. I agree with sub. The sooner you figure out what you want the happier you will be. Ambiguity is the birthplace of depression.(for me) if I dont know where I am headed I feel lost and depressed.

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

It sucks, but you've got to walk through the fire. You'll be alright.

umami_tsunami

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Couple of years ago I found my old high school sweetheart on facebook. We traded some info and wound up meeting up at a mutual friend’s house for an informal reunion weekend. We slept together and instantly fell in crazy-irresponsible-uncontrollable-hormone-raging-teenage love again. We had a brief affair after college, but it had been almost 25 years since we had seen each other.

Our lives had taken completely different courses and she lives in a very rural, isolated area in a crumbling and estranged marriage with little to no excitement. It took some maneuvering, but my lifestyle is very flexible and it allowed me to get her out of that- at least for a few months. We were able to re-live the most pure, carefree, youthful love of our lives. When it was clear we couldn’t maintain the affair and had to end it, I set up an incredible 4 day trip to New York City- Flew her in 1st class, set us up in a jaw-dropping penthouse hotel suite with an awesome terrace, breakfast in bed, lavish gifts and shopping, parterre box for LaBoheme at the Met, my favorite top restaurants. We spent whole blocks of immeasurable time just staring into each other’s eyes and swallowing back tears. It was like a dream, but unfortunately, that’s exactly what it was. Real life came back and we had to say goodbye.

I’ve been with a lot of women and even been in love a few times, but that is the one. Maybe someday we will figure it out.

Last edited:

BlackGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Couple of years ago I found my old high school sweetheart on facebook. We traded some info and wound up meeting up at a mutual friend’s house for an informal reunion weekend. We slept together and instantly fell in crazy-irresponsible-uncontrollable-hormone-raging-teenage love again. We had a brief affair after college, but it had been almost 25 years since we had seen each other.

Our lives had taken completely different courses and she lives in a very rural, isolated area in a crumbling and estranged marriage with little to no excitement. It took some maneuvering, but my lifestyle is very flexible and it allowed me to get her out of that- at least for a few months. We were able to re-live the most pure, carefree, youthful love of our lives. When it was clear we couldn’t maintain the affair and had to end it, I set up an incredible 4 day trip to New York City- Flew her in 1st class, set us up in a jaw-dropping penthouse hotel suite with an awesome terrace, breakfast in bed, lavish gifts and shopping, parterre box for LaBoheme at the Met, my favorite top restaurants. We spent whole blocks of immeasurable time just staring into each other’s eyes and swallowing back tears. It was like a dream, but unfortunately, that’s exactly what it was. Real life came back and we had to say goodbye.

I’ve been with a lot of women and even been in love a few times, but that is the one. Maybe someday we will figure it out.

This is so sweet!

Kempwing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought it was getting serous with this chick and after we had this dicussion about firecrackers and I got home, I arranged them in a heartshape and sent to her.

Then she dumped me.

Bunny

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Arranged and paid for a secret holiday to take him away for his 30th...

I tried to do the romance thing for a long time but it never worked out.

I've only had one or two romantic gestures in my whole dating life...hoping for some more in the future of course :smile:

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Arranged and paid for a secret holiday to take him away for his 30th...

I tried to do the romance thing for a long time but it never worked out.

I've only had one or two romantic gestures in my whole dating life...hoping for some more in the future of course :smile:

Aweeee