most romantic thing youve done....

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
... enough to fill a romance section at a book store.
*if there were any bookstores left :frown:

Still there
http://www.strandbooks.com/
my favorite

828 Broadway @ 12th
Union Square Subway ( 4,5,6, L, N, Q, R)

and if you ever get to London,
Cecil Court London WC2

Getting me a pet would be one of the most romantic things someone could do for me.

OK. I confess.
Total Surprise.
Puppy on her birthday with a bow around his neck.

And a few other romantic things too... :wink:

Ramsey

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you've decided it's definitely what you want to do, just gather your courage and do it. The way that Intrigue suggested is good. Not that anything makes it easy but his way is probably least hurtful.

Whatever you do, don't use the method I did with one of my relationships. I didn't have the balls to break up with him to his face, so I cheated on him in the hopes that he would break up with me. I ended up feeling awful because I think cheating is wrong, and it didn't work (he forgave me), so I had to get that courage together in the end anyway. Big, big mistake. In my defense, I was young and drunk. It was still a bad way to do things.

If it isn't something you think you can live with forever, I do urge you to move on sooner, rather than later. The longer you wait, the more likely you are to end up feeling as though you wasted the years you were with her.

I would never cheat on her to make her break up, some people would try even harder to keep things going because they would feel they screwed up to make me do that and I can see how things would just get messy. Thanks for sharing, it made me think.

What makes it difficult is she is a sweet girl and really nice and kind and I really do care a lot about her, I just don't think we would mesh well enough to make it last a long time. So breaking this to her is taking a lot of gumption to work up, but I think I'm getting there.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK. I confess.
Total Surprise.
Puppy on her birthday with a bow around his neck.

And a few other romantic things too... :wink:

You now join Intrigue on the list of most romantic (by my definition) :biggrin1:.

I would never cheat on her to make her break up, some people would try even harder to keep things going because they would feel they screwed up to make me do that and I can see how things would just get messy. Thanks for sharing, it made me think.

You're welcome :smile:. If I could send a message back to my 18 year old drunk self, I would tell myself it was a really bad idea .

What makes it difficult is she is a sweet girl and really nice and kind and I really do care a lot about her, I just don't think we would mesh well enough to make it last a long time. So breaking this to her is taking a lot of gumption to work up, but I think I'm getting there.

That was why I couldn't manage to break up with the guy I tried to force a break up with. He was wonderful - perfect husband and father material - just not for me, or at least not at that time. How do you end it with someone who hasn't really done anything wrong?

But sometimes you just need to put yourself first.

uncut1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The most romantic thing I did was great him at the door with a cockring on a joint in one hand and two dozen red roses.We had sex among the roses,drank champagne,
it was a simple sexy lazy afternoon. I don't ask for much.

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Before we were married, I told my now-wife that we were leaving in a week for a 5 day vacation, the destination of which was a surprise, but that she needed her passport and clothes for a warm weather beach vacation.

The night before we left, I told her it was Bermuda. It was awesome, and yes, it was totally worth it. We still talk about it 15 years later.

Note to self: you should probably start up again with the random romantic gestures, even the smallest of ones. . .

D_CountVonBhigBohner

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Flew down to his birthday party. He thought I wasn't coming due to a business meeting. Had the DJ play a song that reminded him of me. I watched him as the somg played...and knew he was thinking of me. I tapped him on the shoulder and got the biggest smile and hug. Danced with him and I couldn't remember anyone else being in the room with us.

Last edited:

woodyq

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow! I am really impressed with your responses! And I bet not one of you are from Ohio lol you need to give these guys some lessons!!
Thanks for your input guys!

funny you say that. at my last job there was a girl who moved to NY from ohio (good looking/cool girl) and she was asking everyone their deals, single/gf/married. (she was engaged) and she was like wow several of you guys are good looking, smart, nice have good jobs how are yuo single??!?! my gf's in ohio would love if i brought you back for them haaha

what is up with dude in ohio?

Solvejg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love doing little romantic things. I find the little stuff gets the best resposes. Eg I will leave a note hidden in my boyfriends house, or when he is sick send a chocolate love heart in the post, ect. I am still in the early stages of the relationship with my boyfriend so I don't really want to pull out things which may push his comfort zone.

The sad thing is that I have hardly ever had romantic gestures directed towards me. I doubt i will from my current boyfriend because he is really super clueless. I love him anyway.