Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
variety is the spice of life. I like all styles- and I like borrowing gear to buds and seeing what I look like wearing a buddy's gear...

Anyone who says that a specific style is for a specific age group or social status is lame- people will always be judged by others, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and a guy should AT LEAST have the right to proudly choose what he wants to wear and be seen in at the locker room- after all the last time I checked it was a free country.

bayamon_55

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wear briefs, boxers (on occasion), trunks, and bikini briefs. I find that the enhancing/anatomically correct briefs/ bikini briefs are the most comfortable. My girlfriend makes fun of me for wearing them but I feel that she likes all of my underwear.

your underwear gallery looks like my underwear drawer. i have 4 pairs of boxers that i only wear to sleep when the temperature outside is below 10 degrees. otherwise i hate them.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I wear boxer briefs days but always throw on a pair of 2xist briefs at the gym or before going out for a run. I like the extra support that briefs give me when I work out or run. My gf has seen me in my briefs and really likes the way I bulge in them. She's even given me a few spontaneous bj's after getting turned on rubbing my package through my gym shorts while I was on my way out the door :smile:

FUCK! You are a lucky guy! ANy discerning woman, of course, would be turned on by the bulge that briefs produce. That said, and as should be clear by now, I"m a total BRIEFS man, I can understand--maybe--how in certain "sophisticated" situations, boxers might be preferable. I guess...

Builtfarmtough

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Reading this I think where you guys are from play a big factor in the underwear. I'm from rural IL and almost every guy I know is straight an wear plain ole Hanes or FTL briefs in white or colors. A few wear boxerbriefs and boxers are almost non existent. I work out 5 days a week and have several gyms within a 30 min drive from home. All have open showers and all guys from teens to older wear briefs. About 5 years ago when I was in college a few hours away in the "big city" it was the complete opposite. I was the only one not wearing boxers, trunks, or designer undies. Got some shit from frat bro's at first but by the end of the first semester no one said anything bout it. Just got referred to as "big country". Guess where you're from has a huge deciding factor on you underwear choice.

gustavorofer

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I used to wear briefs till I was 16 or 17. Then I switched to boxer-briefs, but I still have a couple briefs I use every now and then (in Brazil, briefs are way more common than boxers). I only have one pair of boxers I use to sleep, eventually.

JohnDoeXXXm

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Guys should wear what looks best for their bodies- and if you don't know based on your own judgement there is probably someone in your personal circle that can tell you.

For some guys, what is "comfortable" is based upon fitting in with the guys around you- chock that up to peer pressure, I guess.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Reading this I think where you guys are from play a big factor in the underwear. I'm from rural IL and almost every guy I know is straight an wear plain ole Hanes or FTL briefs in white or colors. A few wear boxerbriefs and boxers are almost non existent. I work out 5 days a week and have several gyms within a 30 min drive from home. All have open showers and all guys from teens to older wear briefs. About 5 years ago when I was in college a few hours away in the "big city" it was the complete opposite. I was the only one not wearing boxers, trunks, or designer undies. Got some shit from frat bro's at first but by the end of the first semester no one said anything bout it. Just got referred to as "big country". Guess where you're from has a huge deciding factor on you underwear choice.

THANK GOD! This really restores my faith. Maybe guys in your situation just aren't vocal enough about what they wear... possibly because it simply doesn't occur to them to talk about it. I suppose if you're just a country boy who's always worn white briefs, you don't even think about it.
Congrats to them and to you for sticking with white briefs. And thanks for posting this important comment!

B_Sweetcar

Sexy Member
Media
This thread reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend during the summer....I was wearing some gym shorts with boxers underneath and it was a REALLY hot day. I mentioned that I usually freeballed in my gym shorts because it was SO uncomfortable to wear underwear when it was that hot.
It was then that he told me he NEVER wears underwear anymore and he doesn't even own any. He told me why and also told me he was comfortable doing that but made sure his ASS was clean!

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reading this I think where you guys are from play a big factor in the underwear. I'm from rural IL and almost every guy I know is straight an wear plain ole Hanes or FTL briefs in white or colors. A few wear boxerbriefs and boxers are almost non existent.

Rural Texas, here, but I spent the first 30 years of my life (college included) in the big city of Dallas, so I have both experiences.

Briefs seem to be the default. For all ages. Practically everyone with whom I have ever broached the subject wears briefs, with a smaller but significant percentage wearing boxer briefs, depending on their personal needs. Boxers are a WAY less popular choice, and are usually worn only for the exposed waistband, which usually looks pretty stupid in cowboy country. For most guys around here the choice seems more a practical one, than a stylish one.

Which makes sense.

Underwear is functional, and is usually hidden from view. If you're wearing it for *someone else,* that's a different story...dress up all you'd like.

But if someone came prancing in, in some of those fashion briefs, they'd probably be ridiculed.

injoyinit

Sexy Member
Media
I started wearing bikini briefs when I hit puberty, about 12 years old in the mid eighties. They were halfway popular here, and the rest of the guys wore the regular style briefs, light Hanes or FTL "tighty whitie" style. I ditched those because the bikinis were so comfortable. I like the thinner waistband, and the fact they had more room and were stretchy. Boxers really caught on in the early nineties as I was graduating. The bikini briefs fell out of favor pretty quickly then, and shorts got much longer around here.

I tried boxers for a while and actually liked the loose, airy feeling with shorts. I found though that they weren't really necessary to hang loose, and so I just started freeballing most of the time in college, only wearing the briefs when I was running or going to the gym or some other ather physical activities. I also like wearing kilts occasionally, and of course, freeball under those. Today, I go from freeballing to wearing the string bikini briefs. My thighs have gotten bigger from working out, and my job requires me to climb ladders, so my legs have gotten rather muscular. Briefs keep all my stuff out of the way of my legs when sitting for long times, yet give me minimal coverage and good flexibility. I have a variety of mostly 2xist sliq, and CK string briefs. My wife likes them a lot too....no "tightie whities" or other cheap briefs.

I tried boxer-briefs, noticing how they've gotten quite popular, there must have been something to them. They have the tightness and support of briefs, which is not bad when you want it, but they have the bulk of boxers, which makes them really hot and stuffy. The legs ride up and make them more uncomfortable....I don't see how most guys can stand them. I still freeball on occasion, usually during the summertime though.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Rural Texas, here, but I spent the first 30 years of my life (college included) in the big city of Dallas, so I have both experiences.

Briefs seem to be the default. For all ages. Practically everyone with whom I have ever broached the subject wears briefs, with a smaller but significant percentage wearing boxer briefs, depending on their personal needs. Boxers are a WAY less popular choice, and are usually worn only for the exposed waistband, which usually looks pretty stupid in cowboy country. For most guys around here the choice seems more a practical one, than a stylish one.

Which makes sense.

Underwear is functional, and is usually hidden from view. If you're wearing it for *someone else,* that's a different story...dress up all you'd like.

But if someone came prancing in, in some of those fashion briefs, they'd probably be ridiculed.

Hmmmm. I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and it was white briefs all the way. I now live in the NE and it's boxers central, or at least boxer briefs. NO young guys here would be caught dead in a basic white brief, not to mention a jockstrap. I keep hoping the rest of the country still wears briefs and jocks, but it's certainly not the case here that briefs are the default mode.
I also dont get how freeballing at the gym is more comfortable. When you do situps, don't your balls fall between your legs in a way that's not comfortable? If you do any jumping exercises, don't your cock and balls flop around in a way that 's not to great? I guess it really is individual, but it has always puzzled me that not having your nuts pouched was preferable.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
Briefs keep all my stuff out of the way of my legs when sitting for long times, yet give me minimal coverage and good flexibility. I have a variety of mostly 2xist sliq, and CK string briefs. My wife likes them a lot too....no "tightie whities" or other cheap briefs.

I tried boxer-briefs, noticing how they've gotten quite popular, there must have been something to them. They have the tightness and support of briefs, which is not bad when you want it, but they have the bulk of boxers, which makes them really hot and stuffy. The legs ride up and make them more uncomfortable....I don't see how most guys can stand them. I still freeball on occasion, usually during the summertime though.[/QUOTE]

yeah buddy! 2xist pouches all the way! And I agree about boxer briefs. I guess some guys think regular briefs show too much of your thighs?? seems odd to me. What is the fucking point of all that thigh coverage in your underwear? stick with briefs, world!

iamjack74

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My biggest complaint about boxer briefs is how the legs ride up. I am constantly pulling them down. I guess some just do not notice that sort of deal. And boxers are just way to bulky under pants, jeans, etc for me. But again to each his own. Glad to see other guys out there with wives who like them wearing nice looking (non-tighty-whitey) briefs. My wife still laughs at some of my brief choices (I have some bikini type and what not), but ultimately she loves my bulge in any of them.

redneckgymrat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmmm. I grew up in Dallas in the 70's and it was white briefs all the way. I now live in the NE and it's boxers central, or at least boxer briefs. NO young guys here would be caught dead in a basic white brief, not to mention a jockstrap. I keep hoping the rest of the country still wears briefs and jocks, but it's certainly not the case here that briefs are the default mode.

So it *is* a regional difference. Sane, rational, reasonable people who value practicality, vs stupid Yankees.

It all makes sense, now!

;)

Almost40

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
hello st8 guys... Well for me, that i like guys, it is strange to listen str8 men talking about underwear, i thought it was only a matter to gays. By the way, i am not that intersted in underwear and as i said i like guys... Njoy.

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I prefer low-rise briefs. Have lots of differen't styles, but nothing feels sexier to me than a low-low rise brief or bikini. Think it's hot to see a fit man in a pair of briefs too. Not gonna lie.

I used to wear boxer briefs especially in the winter months when I lived in the mid-west, but now that I'm in Florida I tend to wear briefs/bikini's mostly.

I have a buddy who I used to live across the hall from when i was in college and vividly remember him air drying his bikini briefs around his apartment, because he was not about to use the building's laundry facilities and refused to pay for air. (cheap bastard) But he made a major shift because he got hit on by some gay guy in the locker-room and he was sure it must have been his choice of briefs. From that day forward he has been a loyal boxers man. I take great delight in embarrassing him by sporting a hot RED brief bulge and flash him when we get together and the moment arises. (changing to at the gym or in the bathroom at the restaurant) Hey calls my briefs a gay panty. I remind him of the days when he sported some himself. Just fun talking about it.

Wife likes me when I feel sexy. She wouldn't care what I wore as long as she gets some sex. "What ever turns you on-honey"... isn't that the way things are suppose to be?

iamjack74

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I prefer low-rise briefs. Have lots of differen't styles, but nothing feels sexier to me than a low-low rise brief or bikini. Think it's hot to see a fit man in a pair of briefs too. Not gonna lie.

I used to wear boxer briefs especially in the winter months when I lived in the mid-west, but now that I'm in Florida I tend to wear briefs/bikini's mostly.

I have a buddy who I used to live across the hall from when i was in college and vividly remember him air drying his bikini briefs around his apartment, because he was not about to use the building's laundry facilities and refused to pay for air. (cheap bastard) But he made a major shift because he got hit on by some gay guy in the locker-room and he was sure it must have been his choice of briefs. From that day forward he has been a loyal boxers man. I take great delight in embarrassing him by sporting a hot RED brief bulge and flash him when we get together and the moment arises. (changing to at the gym or in the bathroom at the restaurant) Hey calls my briefs a gay panty. I remind him of the days when he sported some himself. Just fun talking about it.

Wife likes me when I feel sexy. She wouldn't care what I wore as long as she gets some sex. "What ever turns you on-honey"... isn't that the way things are suppose to be?

I agree with all of your statements above. My wife likes mine and likes the fact I feel sexy in them. Everyone else can jut think what they want to think.

Great post B_R_I_E_F_S

bumrubber

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Jockey bikini briefs. Thin, breathable cloth and less of it, so a lot cooler and drier. I buy a size up to get more room.

Boxers ride up and get twisted around. I never liked them.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, only what's comfortable for me. My GF thinks they're hot but not all women I've been with do.