"Mother, Should I Trust The Government?" No Fucking Way!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Fiona_Farvel, Nov 5, 2010.

1. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

For fans of Floyd, Waters, and The Wall, which I saw last night and will see again on Saturday :arms:, I'm sharing a shitty quality video of Mother, one of the best from last night's performance: The Wall - Mother on Vimeo.

Enjoy! And, if anyone has a vid of Don't Leave Me Now from this tour - PM, please. :shysmile:

2. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Wall is one album that I never quite got the hype behind. First heard it when I was 15, and even then I was a bit underwhelmed. (Especially the "big" tracks--namely "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2" and "Mother" seemed kinda "meh" to me.)

However, I'd imagine it'd be pretty cool to see live, so I'm jealous anyway.

3. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

What can I say? I'm a sucker for media with a message.
    It isn't for everyone, but Waters has really elevated the material beyond the original concept of the album/show making it feel both timeless and contemporary. I left each performance feeling reflective, uplifted, and inspired... and no it wasn't just the contact high. :09:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice