Motorola Zoom vs IPAD

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm leaning heavily towards the Motorla Zoom. I was wondering if people have either of these and what they thing of them.

I'm wanting one primarily to use for work and to replace my laptop.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

SKLAR

josh20hung

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I dont have either .. but after having iPods and iPhone ..I would go for the ZOOM .. they are fairly basic when comparing them to other phones ect .. the iPad is just a bigger version of the iPod Touch .. and I had how they keep coming out with new and improved products ... but its essentially the same as the previous ones .. just slightly different .. I'm fairly anti-Apple if you couldn't tell .. and if you've never owned an apple product before .. they may seem great and exciting at first but the novelty wears off and then your left with something that isnt that great .. and usually quite costly!

Awesome0191

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It depends on what you need to do on it. If you are looking for something simple to do your work on then I recommend the iPad. It has about the same compatibility as the Xoom but more apps and depending on which model you want much more cheaper. The corporate setting is also more accepting because of the security but no device is 100% secure. The Xoom is good if you want to do more with your device but a word of caution, there aren't nearly as many apps and hardly any are for the tablet. I dont have a problem with non Apple products. I prefer them (Apple) because of the ease of use and wide acceptance of the devices.

Last edited:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm leaning heavily towards the Motorla Zoom. I was wondering if people have either of these and what they thing of them.

I'm wanting one primarily to use for work and to replace my laptop.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, all!

SKLAR
I would go with the I Pad. It's cheaper and much safer. The Zoom is running Google Android which has been the target of a massive malware attack in recent weeks. Its not the first time and it wont be the last.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have an iPad1 and use it a lot when I travel. It's a great device and mostly has lived up to the hype. My only bitch about it is the fact that on the standard keyboard layout, there are no arrow keys or forward delete key for navigating inside a document. I find that this really slow me down. There are word processing apps available that do have them and I use one, but they only work with that app, not as a system wide keyboard. So, if I need to type something a bit long, I fire up that app and then copy paste it into the email or forum message I am writing.

Other than that, the ipad is great. The Numbers app is really good, google maps is amazing, there are really cool art and music apps, games, etc. I have a app that reproduces the flight arrival/departures schedules at thousands of airports in real time. It is so much more portable than a laptop. On a flight you can just stuff it into the seatback pocket. It's not as good a reader as a Kindle, but it's not bad.

I don't know about the Xoom. I hope it's good and gives Apple some competition. I think they are more expensive.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How is it for reading outdoors?
What do you think of the 'keyboard'?

Outside reading on the iPad is a fucking nightmare. If you are sat in sunshine (not even when it's hot, just in sunlight) it will quickly overheat and shut down. Also the glare is damn near unbearable when you're outside. I am a big reader and I have come to realise that the iPad isn't a book reader, it's alright for other stuff but the Kindle whips its ass when it comes to book-readery. I would still buy one for everything else it does, but as an e-reader it falls very short by comparison.

Sorry vince, totally intercepted this question :tongue::rolleyes::eek:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Outside reading on the iPad is a fucking nightmare. If you are sat in sunshine (not even when it's hot, just in sunlight) it will quickly overheat and shut down. Also the glare is damn near unbearable when you're outside. I am a big reader and I have come to realise that the iPad isn't a book reader, it's alright for other stuff but the Kindle whips its ass when it comes to book-readery. I would still buy one for everything else it does, but as an e-reader it falls very short by comparison.
Just as I expected.
I think a Kindle or a Kobo are in my future.

Sorry vince, totally intercepted this question :tongue::rolleyes::eek:
The correct order of those smileys is :eek::rolleyes::tongue:.
Dummy.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I'm not a fan of their computers (use to be), but I do like this thing. The glare from the shiny screen will be a problem outdoors, but I don't take it to the beach.

D_xewcrgt

1st Like
Media
I have the Motorola Xoom....I LOVE IT...It is easy to use and there are a lot of apps you can get for free. The Xoom is more expandable and you can customize it for yourself. Grant it does not have the sleek profile the I-Pad has...But still a great Product.