Mouth breathers

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Usually a term to describe somebody is of a lower intelligence.
Urban Dictionary: mouth-breather

But apparently, its a serious problem.
Capitol Ear, Nose & Throat, P.A.
Mouth Breathing - The Root Cause?
Mouth Breathing and Dental Problems

No wonder im so ugly. I'm a mouth breather. My nose has been "stuffy" since i was like 5. No congestion medicine has ever worked for me. Ever. I don't know what is wrong with my nose but its royally fucked up, and will probably stay like that forever. I had a buddy with a similar problem tell me that he had enlarged glands in his nasal cavity which were shaved down and he could breath normally again. I'm thinking i should look this up.

No wonder i cant get laid, i look stupid and I've probably been "uglyfied" since childhood by my horrible intelligence sapping problem.

If i ever have kids, i will make damn sure they don't become the social outcast i was, by preventing them from being mouth breathers! In addition to other things like being poor and other things that my childhood was depraved of.

What do you guys think of us mouth breathers? Surely you high social kings of genius IQ must have an opinion on us inferior apelike creatures, i would like to know what the high rung of society is like.

El oh el. ^_^

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, well, it does look distracting. My younger brother does it all the time, but he got married and had four kids, so anything is possible.
Smart?
My younger brother has beaten the CHESSMASTER 2000.

Might be your mind set works against you too.

Keep talking and typing. Maybe you'll see how you hold yourself back.

D_Joseba_Guntertwat

Experimental Member
Media
No reason why it can't help you get laid though, a female friend of mine told me recently that when she had a cold and had her mouth open all the time she got a lot more looks from men. She thought it was because she looked like a sex doll.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh for heavens sake this is not the end of the world! :rolleyes:

You need to see an otolaryngologist also known as an ENT. Have him do a CT scan of your nasal passages. He will probably discover that you have nasal polyps. A simple surgical procedure which takes about ten days to recover from can be performed.

FYI - I had this surgery in March 2001 and it was a huge success! I am glad I had it; because I had been getting bronchitis 3-5 times a year and I have not had bronchitis since the sugery. :smile:

Nasal Polyps: Signs and symptoms
You may have a single nasal polyp or several, clustered together like grapes on a stem. The polyps are generally soft and pearl colored, with a consistency like jelly. Very small single or multiple polyps may not cause any problems, but larger ones are likely to obstruct the airways in your nose, making it difficult to breathe. This may lead to mouth breathing, especially in children.

Other signs and symptoms of nasal polyps include:
  • A runny nose
  • Persistent stuffiness
  • Chronic sinus infections
  • Loss or diminishment of your sense of smell
  • Dull headaches
  • Snoring

Kassokilleri2ff

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, well, it does look distracting. My younger brother does it all the time, but he got married and had four kids, so anything is possible.
Smart?
My younger brother has beaten the CHESSMASTER 2000.

Might be your mind set works against you too.

Keep talking and typing. Maybe you'll see how you hold yourself back.

Well i thought it was funny, I guess I'm the only one who got the joke ^_^

Anyways i really am a mouth breather and its interesting to find out that there are associated problems with this abnormal activity. My mindset is that I'm smarter than all of you and you should be my slaves, I was just trying to make a silly play at the definition of a mouth breather being stupid and on the lower echelon of the social totem pole.

But i see how it plays into my life. When people meet me, they think I'm stupid. Then like 2 weeks later they are like "i don't know why you like to play dumb, you are clearly an intelligent individual. I used to be like "wtf are you talking about?" And I'm like "wow this guy is a pretty damn stupid dumbass retard, why the fuck is he saying I like to play dumb?" Lol.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I had a broken nose as a kid that was never fixed and made it hard to breath. A few years ago, my sinuses were cleaned out and the inside of my nose was "shaved" -- I absolutely hated the packing ( the bandages they put up your nose for at least three days), but it WAS easier to breath afterwards.

I wish they had fixed the WHOLE nose (my nose truly is crooked) but at least I breath better. When/if I can afford it, I'm going to have my nose straighted.

- - - - - - - - - - -

I wasn't an obvious mouth breather, but being one never stopped me from getting laid. My crooked nose doesn't stop me from getting laid either.

I agree that it IS better/easier to breathe properly, but I think you are making too much of it.

Check out this article at Wikipedia: BDD

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a mouthbreather. I have obstructive sleep apnea too. And asthma. And allergies. My body doesn't like breathing.

On the good side, I do still get laid and I'm not completely stupid.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
PS: It could be how you hold your jaw. Some mouth breathers let their mouth just dangle open, and that definitely looks kinda stupid.

So you might also want to consider doing jaw exercises to re-train those muscles. Look at the difference in jaw position in these women. (I know, you're not an old woman -- but look at the difference in these jaws)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
PS: It could be how you hold your jaw. Some mouth breathers let their mouth just dangle open, and that definitely looks kinda stupid.

So you might also want to consider doing jaw exercises to re-train those muscles. Look at the difference in jaw position in these women. (I know, you're not an old woman -- but look at the difference in these jaws)

oooh! that's like face posture! i so need to do that. how cool! i was just looking at photos of me today thinking that i droop my mouth and purse my lips too much.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, I started doing them years ago. When I feel unhappy about how I look, I exercise my face, and it really does make a difference. I just wish they had younger before and afters, because it works even better on younger faces.

- - - - - - - -

And for the Opening Poster, here are some jaw exercises recommended for repositioning jaws.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mouth breathing can have quite a few causes, adenoids, polyps, deviated septum, go and see your doctor. As for what I think when I see a mouth breather - that they probably have some nasal problem not that they're stupid.