Moved to France

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Finker, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Finker

Finker New Member

I just moved to France. I barely speak any French and it's not because I'm an arrogant foreigner, it was a last minute thing.

French people are very delightful, and the ladies... my oh my. I just can't seem to get over the awkwardness of meeting girls who don't speak English yet :(

Any fellow Francophiles on this board would be greatly appreciative to learn from you.

2. Big Del

Gold Member

Welcome to LPSG

3. dongalong

Gold Member

I'm English and have lived in France for a long time, life is great here and the ladies are cute. I did find it very difficult to meet them at the beginning, maybe because I was living close to Paris, they all seemed to stick to their group of friends when they go out and when alone, seem to be in "defence mode" and will avoid all eye contact.

I ended up going out to Irish pubs, you will always make friends in Irish pubs, anywhere in the world. Most of the people I met were very international so at least it was fun company while I was learning French.The French who want to practise their English often go to Irish pubs so you might get lucky and get a French girl who will teach you French quickly.
    Otherwise, the most popular dating website in France is Rencontre avec Meetic : site de rencontres et chat pour célibataires - I'm sure you will meet some nice girls through that site.
    I was so disappointed to find that they don't like our English accent as much as we like their French one :/
    Anyway have fun!

4. Finker

Finker New Member

Thank you to you both.

dongalong If I may ask you, how good is your French ? What was the best way for you to study it and learn quickly ?

5. Tsun

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Welcome aboard! I hope you'll be able to learn at a good pace, it's not easy to adapt to new language/culture in such short notice. If you need help, my first language is french ;)

6. Finker

Finker New Member

Thanks mate.
    Will definitely be taking you up on that offer :)

7. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    ..and do you get ants in your pants?

Welcome!

Draft saved Draft deleted