Movember

D_Pomeroy Pokingstick

Account Disabled
Media
So as some of you may or may not know November has turned into MOVEMBER for some of us.

MOVEMBER, for those not familiar is a month in which men grow a moustache from November 1st to November 30th. Beginning clean shaven those men who participate are refered as MoBros, and the females who participate are refered as MoSistas (of course females don't grow a Mo or moustache!) MoSistas help spreading the word about the cause and with their MoBros help rally donations for the cause.

So what is MOVEMBER really about? it is all in raising awareness to PROSTATE CANCER and helping raise donations to find a cure.

More information can be found about MOVEMBER by visiting : www.movember.com

I felt like it was a good place to bring attention to the cause since many of the LPSG men (and women) have likely known someone facing this type of cancer at some point in their life (hopefully not though!)

I am participating in MOVEMBER by growing a DUSTER or Mo-stashe however I wish to remain anonymous...although it would be great to have a bunch of LPSG donate to my team! It would mean just as much if any of you visit the site and donate either by joining :cool: as a MoBro or MoSista! or by donating to any of the teams participating!

Hope you all enjoy the month of MOVEMBER!

That's fantastic! if i could grow a mustache i would :biggrin1:

D_Pomeroy Pokingstick

Account Disabled
Media
I think that is kind of the point though, a lot of moustaches look terrible and ridiculous...but they do grab peoples attention (especially if they are grown by people that rarely sport facial hair) So people will ask, why are you growing a moustache?

Talking about a noble cause, that is beyond horrid....check out what some women in NZ are doing (inspired by MOVEMBER)

From The Urban Dictionary
The renamed month of January where women let their fannies grow freely to raise money for gynaecological cancers. With the catchphrase "Wax is Wak, Bring Muff Back", Fanuary is similar in concept to Movember. Fanuary was created by myjobspace.co.nz to raise money for the Women for Women charitable trust. For more information see www.fanuary.co.nz

Heres a clip from youtube about it:

YouTube - Fanuary - Movember for Women

While the cause is noble enough, this idea is beyond horrid. The majority of men look stupid with facial hair...moreso when it's just a moustache.