Movie cliches

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Barbi_Queue, May 22, 2005.

1. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

You know how it goes....you're watching a movie and based upon the typical crap that happens in most movies, you can predict what happens next, such as:

-the virgin(s) will be the only one to live in a horror movie
    -the killer is never the one that they hinted in the beginning
    -right when the mystery is solved, all hell breaks loose ala Arachnophobia
    -they never turn on the lights
    -the flashlight always goes out
    -the girl picks the geek over the jock

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

the girl:

• always opens that damned door
    • always trips and falls when running away
    • always strips for a shower at the worst time

the guy:

• always drives clear across town to save the girl instead of calling ahead to the cops
    • always drives a classic sports car
    • never ever takes a dump

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    - the guy in front of you has a stupid hat and/or giant afro
    - there are a couple of loudmouthed parents with 89 kids in the 2 seats directly behind you
    - a morbidly obese guy who smells like a tyre fire arrives 30 minutes into the movie and decides he's gotta have the seat the other side of you
    - he also gets up to visit the bathroom at least 16 times
    - and some fucker left their cell phone on

4. jonb

Gold Member

There's always the same black man/white woman or white man/Chinese woman combinations.
    Women cops are always ribbed for being female and always save the day in the end.
    If there's a sex scene, they never get pregnant or get an STI in the sequel.
    Gay men are always single, or edited out entirely.
    Men never get naked. OTOH, you can't keep clothes on the woman.
    The hero always gets the girl.
    The American is always the good guy.
    The good guy never follows the rules, even when following the rules makes sense.
    Weapons only run out of ammo when it's convenient for the plot.
    The bad guys always miss, or hit the supporting character, or hit a place which causes no irreparable damage.

5. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    --It's impossible to be quiet when you need to, and loud enough when warning someone from across a distance.
    --If the bad guy didn't somehow survive the first movie, in the sequel you bet his mother wants revenge!
    --Henchmen can't hit the Great Wall of China with a single bullet from an uzi three feet away.
    --It's perfectly okay to leave someone for a more exciting and adventurous person, no matter how little time you've known them.
    --The only cities in the United States are New York and L.A.
    --The only city in Great Brittain is London.
    --White people don't live in ghettos.
    --All black people are raised by their grandmother.
    --All asians are second generation.
    --If a girl hates your guts when you first met her all you need to do is sexually harrass her and, after awhile, she'll defy her rich parents for your sake.

6. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

The one that cracks me up the most is one one character implores another to look at something, then they cut to the scene before the event happens.

7. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Follow the story of Tupac Rastanegro, as his involvement with the Black Panthers finds him guest starring on Jerry Springer in debate with the beautiful KKK Grand Dragon Anita Whiteman. A certain connection is felt between the two, and after the show they decide to continue their debate and discussion. The two fall in love and get married. Years later Tupac becomes a country singer while Anita becomes a social worker who deals with problems in the inner city. They live happily ever after.

(just kidding folks)

8. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The thing that really bothers me is when there are 2-5 villains with automatic weapons, who can't hit the hero in an open field. And when the hero is running away, you always see the impact of bullets HITTING THE GROUND. So not only are these motherfuckers missing, they're apparently aiming for ankles. All kinds of grass and snow flying everywhere. LOL

9. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

When you drive up on the scene of the emergency/crime, be sure to park so that you have to get out and run the last 100 yards. Whatever you do, don't drive right up to your destination. :glare:

10. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Or when a girl is taking a shower and has her arms over her tits the entire time. Who the fuck takes showers like that.

11. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

What about after a sex scene, when they are in the bed talking, the man's whole torso is exposed, but the sheet conviently just covers the woman's chest? At least be consistent.

12. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

If I were running away from the villain in a multi-story building, I would run downstairs so I could reach street level and exit the building. These ninnies in the horror movies always run up the stairs. When they run out of stairs and end up on the roof, where do they go from there when they realise that the bad guy is still in pursuit? Am I the only one who notices this?

13. Freddie53

Gold Member

Yes, and then they jump across the street to the other high rise building. Amazing feat to say the least.

14. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Oh yeah, who can forget this scenario:

Good guy's love interest: "oh dear God! We've been almost mauled by these terrorists, I've lost my sister, my best friend, my car has been totaled, and that evil bad man has blown up my work office, my house, etc. But you were able to save me and take me to this pseudo-safe location where these bad, evil, demented men are going to jump on us in any second!"

Good guy: "Wanna fuck?"

Good guy's love interest: "right on."

*cues love scene*

15. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

BTW that Austin Powers scene about how the villain could easily kill the hero, but instead will put him in an overcomplicated and easily escapable situation to kill him was on point.

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

What about after a sex scene, when they are in the bed talking, the man's whole torso is exposed, but the sheet conviently just covers the woman's chest? At least be consistent.
    [post=313863]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Oh, I have always called that the "Hollywood Sheets", full-length on one side of the bed, and half-length on the other. I've wondered if this could be used as a marketing ploy? Target audience? The same ones who would buy my brilliant new invention - the microwave crock-pot.

Back on topic, I think this was alluded to in an earlier post, but to be very specific - you can tell early on in the movie who will be fuckin' & suckin' by the middle of the flick... the man & woman who are fighting like cats and dogs, and absolutely hate each other.

17. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The hero will get the living shit beat out of him by some hulking goon in a fistfight brawl. But... the desperate hero suddenly gets a look of steely determination in his eye and somehow finds the strength to leap off the floor and lash out with a series of devastating blows that levels the hulking goon.

Only in Hollywood.

18. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

The TV that was making so much noise (usually cartoon sound effects) in the background suddenly loses its volume when the dialog starts.

Nobody says 'goodbye' when they finish a phone conversation - they just abruptly hang up.

The gang of bad guys always take turns attacking the hero - they never attack him all together.

Villains are extremely polite. Heroes are not. Bad guy: "Nice to see you again, Mr. Detective! I so enjoy your company." Good guy: "You dirty bastard! I'll piss on your grave!" (Of course the good guy is tied to a table and is about to be sliced in two by a carefully placed laser beam which the bad guy has just turned on.)

Black leather clothing is necessary to wield high-powered automatic weapons.

When the hero jumps into a cab in New York City and yells, "Follow that car!" there's never any bumper-to-bumper traffic.

It's always Mardi Gras in New Orleans

When the girl manages to knock out the bad guy she'll always walk over to him so he can suddenly wake up and grab her ankle.

19. Nienna

Nienna New Member

And its always Chinese new year in China, Tea time in Britain, Beltaine in Scotland, Or Saint Paddy's day in Ireland.

There is always snow in Canada (even in July), Canadians always say Eh. Canadian police are always Mounties and have dark sunglasses and big moustaches (is that even a word?) Oh and Canadians are always dog sledding, playing hockey, or snowmobiling. And apparently we all live in the wilderness.

When a good guy car jacks a car to chase the bad guy its always a fast car, the nearest car is never a K car or some other granny piece of shit.

Its always raining (or wet roads) when there's a high speed chase.

All foreign guys are sexy ( I know there's some not so hot foriegn guys out there; there's some in every country lol)

Miss Piggy is always the heroine, Kermit is always the hero, and Fozzie bear is always the underdog. And there is always some million dollar actor who plays a cheesey role.......

20. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

The teacher always gets interrupted in mid-sentence by the school bell.

Students look older than they should (like in The Breakfast Club)

Babies look more like a 2 month old than a newborn and the mom always looks great right after giving birth.

Phone numbers begin with 555.

The dog always senses danger first and usually no one pays attention.

If a woman dies, a close friend that lives a fast-paced single life always gets custody of the her child instead of the child going to a family member. And that single woman becomes the best mom ever.

If you are a teenager and masturbating, you'll always get caught.

If a man royaly pisses a girl off, he can sweep her off her feet, plant a big kiss on her and she instantly forgives him.

Draft saved Draft deleted