Movie Mistakes

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What movie mistakes have you caught?

One that may or may not be a mistake is when the camera pans and you see a glare of the light on screen (with a red or orange spot). Either from the sun or from a bright light such as a car headlight. This breaks the illusion of the movie for me. I've only seen this recently in films and I don't know if it is a careless oversight. I would imagine that is is easily fixable with CGI.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One that immediately comes to mind is Jack Nicholson's magic tie in the closing court scene in A Few Good Men. First he has one, then he doesn't then he does again.

Another is Nicole Kidman's hair in her first meeting with Sean Penn at the UN in The Interpreter.

Both are poor continuity, it's common enough.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One that immediately comes to mind is Jack Nicholson's magic tie in the closing court scene in A Few Good Men. First he has one, then he doesn't then he does again.

Another is Nicole Kidman's hair in her first meeting with Sean Penn at the UN in The Interpreter.

Both are poor continuity, it's common enough.

One of my favorite movies is Bram Stoker's Dracula. But Keanu's hair is different lengths and styles in the movie from scene to scene. At one point it looks like a wig. (This is before he gets grey in the movie.}

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
My favourite mistake is in one of the Star Wars movies - can recall which one - I'll go look it up. Bunch of Stormtroopers running along, girder things up the side of the corridor - one of them clocks his head off a girder - Thing is the editing team must have noticed it and left it in on purpose because their is a kind of a *doink* sound effect :biggrin:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In "Under The Cherry Moon" when (?rince)* gets shot in the back by Terence Stamp. ?rince falls forward. Next you see ?rince on his back. Everyone in the theater laughed at this film...even my father. :confused:

I was a die hard ?rince fan then. :confused: (At the time, I was really pissed off that ?rince would screw up such a film like that. Purple Rain-- it was not.:confused: :rolleyes: This was a travesty...a waste of celluloid.)

*(I call Prince...?rince--due to that he sued all of his fan sites over images and video content. Who ever heard of fan sites without images and video content of the one being admired?)

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
There is a bit in X2 where Nightcrawler teleports into a cell to rescuse some kids, if you look in the far background of the previose shot, Alan Cummings is stand in the shadows pretending not to be there.

In Jaws, the footage of the shark attacking the top of the cage near the end of the film was actually a real shark tangled in the guide rope trying to free itself.

In Transformers, when Sams dad drives him thought the Porsche lot, you can see all the film crew on another car in the window reflection.

There are millions of faults in films.