Movie Producer Don Simpson

thingsteal: You know - one of the guys who produced Top Gun.

The dead one.

I found this:

http://www.tabloid.net/1998/04/23/D1.html

Drugs and alcohol were blamed for last year's death of "Top Gun" producer Don Simpson -- but a failed penis enlargement may have been the culprit that really drove the nail into his coffin.

That's according to the upcoming "Penthouse" magazine which reports that Simpson was a plastic surgery addict who underwent at least 12 procedures to try and improve his looks.

One particularly risky surgery he went through was a penis enlargement that involved injections of fat to increase the size.

According to "Penthouse" reporter Charles Fleming, the fat injections became infected, leading to painful swelling and fevers.

Fleming believes that the pain of the botched enlargement surgery may have been the final straw which drove Simpson over the edge and caused his drug-related death.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
thingsteal,

Thanks for sharing.

If this article is true, it obviously is a real tragedy.

As one who has practiced penis enlargement (somewhat successfully I suppose) this reminds me of the fine line that must be drawn as to merely wanting (some) improvement versus an outright obsession with getting large. I have been near the borderline myself I confess and it gets alarming when a wake-up call (like this news article) brings to mind what could happen in a worst case scenario. Is it really worth it?

There are various ways to enlarge.
Enlargment surgery is not perfected and I vow to stay away from it personally....too many horror stories of disfigurement and botched procedures not to mention unsurmountable psychological trauma when something goes wrong (obviously perhaps like the subject of the artricle). I chose the "natural" enlargement method (exercise, jelqing, etc). Have stayed with it about three years, now.

We have to determine deep within (somehow) that our penis does not determine our worth, value, or self-esteem for that matter as a man. (It's not an easy road to travel and I certainly do not have all the answers.) But, there is a balance I believe in merely seeking to improve ourselves (and feel better about our appearance and sexual prowess to some degree) versus "crossing the border" whereby we get carried away with trying to achieve the impossible (super-collosal, unattainable, impractical sizes). That's where the REAL trouble soon starts. Those of us seeking enlargement HAVE to be careful in our thinking and goal-setting.

Sadly, there are a lot of men in the world who indeed carry heavy emotional burdens about themselves regarding their penis size. Without making light of the matter either, --it's a sad fact.

And, while most men in the world perhaps do not worry about their size overall, that's not exactly a consolation either, to those of us who do.

junk792: I know the feeling - though I'm not small, I'm not huge either and my size has become a bit of an obsession.... Which could become unhealthy if it grows (no pun intended).

I haven't tried PE but I've thought about it a lot (lots and lots of websites) and I'd like to try it. But surgery is out of the question (horror stories), penis pumps seem quick but also dangerous, jelqing/milking seems like a huge investment in time...

Oh well.

Lakeshore

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Jelqing and vacuum pumping is all I have ever used. No surgery ever for me unless I lose erections completely and need an implant. Sad that he suffered infection but it's a possibility with any surgery even in the most sterile of environments.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don Simpson (Producer) – bizarre sex life?

I just posted on another thread about movie producer Harvey Weinstein's reportedly disfigured penis: "Ask a Straight Man". Actress Jessica Mann observed scarring while anther actress thought it had been severed an reattached. In fact there are strong indications that Weinstein-- and producer Don Simpson-- had visited the Culver City offices of disgraced phalloplastic surgeon Dr. Melvyn Rosenstein around circa 1993-4. Harvey Weinstein sounds as if he had a crude V-Y Plasty performed while both he and Don Simpson had some form of widening enlargement.

In the early 1990s Dr. Mel Rosenstein advertised heavily in the Los Angeles Times sports section with an ad-banner proclaiming "Dreams Do Come True". They did for an extremely small minority of patients. Most were left disfigured like Don Simpson, who spent the balance of his life seeking-out multiple corrective surgeries. Rosenstein injected huge amounts of silicone into some of the patient's penises, a portion which may have migrated to other areas of their bodies. He also injected fat and attempted dermal draft surgery on some patients, fat which was quickly reabsorbed leaving organs asymmetrical and lumpy in appearance.

The State of California medical board revoked the physician's license to practice medicine.

Reactions: headjohnwhite