Movie with huge guys

Ditch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi all,
I have a quick question regarding a film which I have heard about. I think the flick is called 'Salo' and aparently has absolutely huge guys in it. I even read somewhere, maybe here ages ago, that the Director specifically choose massive guys cos of the shock factor. Aparently it IS a shocking film but, as I said I don't know much about it, only heard 'snippets'.

Do any of you know about this movie? Has anyone seen it, does anyone know how to get a hold of it? I live in Melbourne Australia and it's banned here...it really has sparked my interest and the fact I can't see it is 'killing' me...

If anyone can shed a little light l'd really appreciate it.
Thanks ^_^

TragicWhiteKnight

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw this ('The 120 Days Of Sodom', based on a story by the Marquis de Sade) as a crappy VHS last year. If you want to watch it just on the basis of seeing extremely hung guys, you'll be disappointed - it's just a really long and unpleasant look at the degradation of youth.

It's on DVD now, and there's plenty of copies on filesharing software, so it's much easier to check out than it was only a couple of years ago.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just keyed in "salo" on ebay and found it, it is the same movie Tragicwhitenkight is talking about. It's selling for about 10 bucks with 5 for shipping, seller ships worldwide. After reading his review, I don't know if it's worth it, but if you've been thinking about it for a long time, it might be.

byronic

Experimental Member
Media
Salo's director is the late Pier Paolo Pasolini, who is something of a pin-up for (gay) european intellectuals. He was an author as well as a film-maker and is responsible for a couple of very endearing screen adaptations of italian classics (Decamerone being the most widely known). The films have a sort of amateurish enthusiasm to them that makes them fun to watch, and they are quite sexy, too, especially if you have a knack for very young italians, as there is a lot of frontal nudity of both sexes in all of his films.
Salo, mind you, is the opposite of endearing, unless you find a roomful of people in festive attire who eat each other's feces endearing. If you want to watch it, I recommend being a little drunk and in a silly mood, because otherwise it's almost unbearable to sit through. In the end, there is a scene where certain people (there is not much of a plot in the classic sense, so I really don't remember why that happens) are raped and killed by a bunch of guys with huge cocks. At least that what it looks like if you watch the film on video, because the scene is filmed from very far away. If you see it projected on a big screen it becomes obvious that the perpetrators are wearing strap-ons.
There IS a pretty big one on display in one of Pasolini's other movies, though, a beautiful screen cap of which I have found here: http://www.pridesites.com/frontalimp/actor...ury_tales03.jpg

ruggero

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah Ditch I saw it here in Melbourne when it was briefly shown, probably at the Astor. I think they lifted the ban then dropped it again after very few or even one screening.
I like Pasolinis movies but this for all it's politics and history was the slowest and most draining (in a negative sense). What I miss most now I can't see it, is an amazing (to me, at least ) mural in one of the wonderful interiors.
Now you mention it I remember those "strap ons" I felt at the time that they masked the lack of enthusiasm the "actors" exhibited. Pasolini was a communist activist as well as gay. He loved rough trade, mostly casting untrained peasants, who then tried to ad lib to often excrutiating scripts. But then again they were only there for their cocks. He was assassinated in the end, either the rough trade got him, or was it the police?
I remember sitting in the 70's, there in the Mid City, Bourke St Cinema with a girl from school and almost dying of closted shock as the screen was filled with a crutch shot of an uncircumcised italian peasant. The camera very slowly panning as a salivating nun found him in the orchard sleeping with his pants down.
That was "Decameron" I too was choking on my saliva and embarassment (lol, now!)
Shocking in their day now they're considered Arthouse. Try to see them on a big screen, preferably the Astor. Cheers and thanks for the visit.