Movies that Make Men Cry

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Real men cry in very sad things but many guys prefer not to cry in front of another people because are afraid to be labered as wimps. This society dont let guys to really express their feelings.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Real men cry in very sad things but many guys prefer not to cry in front of another people because are afraid to be labered as wimps. This society dont let guys to really express their feelings.

you're totally right. i can't even get emotional because of how i'd loook..

B_Fire-3

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As far as being depressing goes, movies got NOTHIN' on real life. If I cried at movies, I'd probably cry every day for one reason or another.

dorisday

1st Like
Media
when i was fourteen i started to cry so badly watching television. My mum came and asked, whats wrong why am i crying so badly? it was because Fallon died in Dynasty. That was pretty funny.... ´My mum said i´m really crazy....

Reactions: muslbud7

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
eternal sunshine of the spotless mind...
Perhaps the most important relationship movie, ever, for its total honesty. The final scene between Winslet and Carey.... just blows me away, because its the very thing that so few people who fall in love ever come to understand.

The Lion in Winter- spectacular writing - very mature film about the incredibly complex feelings between Hepburn and O'Toole's characters... who love each other, hate each other, admire and loathe each other, all at the same time...

There is a scene where, after a particularly dreadful fight, Hepburn asks O'toole how, from where they began, had they come to this... and he responds... step by step.... There is not one word in the script that is not hammered gold... not one performance that is not stellar...

I am often moved to tears by the simple perfection that human beings can attain in artistic expression....

At conveying so eloquently something so hard to explain, and yet so universally understood.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Field of Dreams

-I tear up at the end when the father & son play throw a baseball

Man, I'm just thinking about that scene and I'm tearing up. My dad was a ball player, but ended up going into the service to pay for college instead of going into the minors. That whole thing about the choices we make ... and seeing people at different points in their lives ... fuck, it gets me every time.

Reactions: IndianaJones

Fuzzy_

Legendary Member
Media
"Brokeback Mountain" (death scene)
"The Elephant Man" (death scene)
"Million Dollar Baby" (death scene)
"Armageddon" (death scene)
"Saving Private Ryan" (3 damned scenes!)
"Sophie's Choice" (ending)
"1-800" (music video by Logic)
"Sharknado" (all of it)

The beginning of "Up" almost got Fuzzy...almost.

I saw "A Dogs Purpose" the other day. Water sprang from my eyes a bit.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Never cried at a movie.

There is a book that chokes me up to the point that I can't read it. To the point that I've only read it once. And yet I can't part with it.

pcadvocate

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Already mentioned
Sophie's Choice-the choice & ending
It's a Wonderful Life-druggist hitting George's ear & ending
Brian's Song-death scene/coach speaking
Terms of Endearment-Shirley hanging up phone saying our little girl's in trouble
Brokeback Mountain-shirt
NYPD Blue-Bobby dying
Not mentioned that I don't think I saw on this thread:
Lars& the Real Girl-flowers on the porch
'Night Mother-Anne Bancroft telling her daughter she didn't know she hurt so much re: suicide

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree with that one. Although, Band Of Brothers had several moments that got to me.
And any documentary about W.W.I or W.W. II usually get me bawling
like a baby.
Agree with " Band of Brothers " , strangely , i found the German General's last address to his men , particularly moving .

sizehungry

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Tearing up , seems to be more prevalent for me as i get older . Perhaps i'm growing up .The 'gold ring scene in Schindler's List " had my tear ducts working overtime , as did much of " We Were Soldiers " . Anything to do with Soldiers , can get me , as do human tragedies , but then , i sometimes tear up at happy endings , things like animals being brought back to health, examples of unexpected kindness etc . I am reasonably " ok" with these displays of emotion , though not 100% comfortable . Strange actually , because , call me a " faggot " , or treat me poorly , i will happily change the shape of your face to your detriment .

Reactions: nicnic

muslbud7

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So was it Pamela Sue Martin (the original hot Fallon) or Emma Samms (the replacement Fallon) that died and made you cry?

when i was fourteen i started to cry so badly watching television. My mum came and asked, whats wrong why am i crying so badly? it was because Fallon died in Dynasty. That was pretty funny.... ´My mum said i´m really crazy....

IndianaJones

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"Brian's Song" was the first movie I remember growing up that mad me cry almost uncontrollably.

Another big cry happened when I watched "Hachi...a Dog's Tale". Good movie, but I cannot bear to watch it again.

And just recently, and I dedicated a post in this section to it..."Love, Simon". This movie, though a romantic teen gay light comedy, really hit me hard. The way that good-looking Nick Robertson played this character, just reminded myself of me at that age. And the story, as it plays out, just makes me wonder about what could have been for me if I could have been the real person I was meant to be while in high school. But being in high school in small town Indiana in the late 70s, I didn't think that was an option. Now I ache for what I allowed myself to miss, and watching this movie, especially the climax at the end, makes me cry every time.

Reactions: muslbud7 and nicnic