Movies that Make Men Cry

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Show my boyfriend a miraculous moment in history, or some patriotism (doesn't matter for what country, just patriotism) and he will drown us all. His face was very shiny when I glanced over during much of The 300, and the first time I noticed him crying during a movie was Apollo 13.

On second thought, maybe it's just movies with numbers in the title. No, no. He cried during V for Vendetta as well.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Field Of Dreams makes me want to play catch with my dad, even while thinking about it now.quote]

Boy- yeah, Field of Dreams - sure made me bleary eyed. I think it's about the kid in all guys that need dad's acceptance and love. Never played catch with my dad but I always wanted him to be proud of me.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok,

I cant stand it anymore. I LOVE "Field of Dreams". I loved the whole thing! What made me cry was when Doc "Moonlight" Graham made the decision to step off the field to save the little girl from choking never to play baseball again... I am suprised no one mentioned "Sixth Sense"! MY weeping began when Bruce Willis realizes that he has been dead all along and whispers his loving goodbye to his wife.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"Big Fish". I love the scene where Jessica Lange climbs into the tub with Albert Finney but I always start to cry when his son carries him from the car into the river as he's waving to everyone all around him. I've seen it four times and i'm always blubbering by the end.

*blows nose*

sorry, I know the thread was directed at guys but i'll bet there are guys who've seen this film and feel the same way

basketbulge

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Field Of Dreams makes me want to play catch with my dad, even while thinking about it now.quote]

Boy- yeah, Field of Dreams - sure made me bleary eyed. I think it's about the kid in all guys that need dad's acceptance and love. Never played catch with my dad but I always wanted him to be proud of me.

Jeepers, I got teary just reading this. :redface:

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ordinary People - last scene
Schindler's List - virtually all of it...sobbed through most of the film
A Beautifull Mind - the pen scene
E.T. - When they find him by the river and then he's in the medical center with Elliot dying
A River Runs Through It - The voiceover at the end

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gattaca - There's such a strong issue about prejudice throughout the whole film which is important to me, but there's a shocking amount of parallels between Vincent, Anton and Jerome and myself and 2 brothers. The ending always gets me. :redface:

not to nitpick, but there were only two brothers total in Gattaca

:wink:

punishingone666

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
holy crap did i cry at the end of Braveheart. well i pretty much cried through most of it. something about how far he was willing to go for the love of a woman and how he sacrificed himself for his ideals just really got to me.

ive noticed that the older i get though the more i feel tears welling up duing certain movies. guess im getting sentimental. *sniff*

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know, but that doesn't mean I should disregard the similarities between them and my own experiences. Metaphorical script writing is underrated.

gotcha...i just thought you were saying there were three different brothers

:smile:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gattaca - There's such a strong issue about prejudice throughout the whole film which is important to me, but there's a shocking amount of parallels between Vincent, Anton and Jerome and myself and 2 brothers. The ending always gets me. :redface:

This is the line from Gattaca that gets me-

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back."

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
gotcha...i just thought you were saying there were three different brothers

:smile:

My mistake, I should've been clearer :smile:

This is the line from Gattaca that gets me-

"You want to know how I did it? This is how I did it, Anton: I never saved anything for the swim back."

Heh, the swimming scenes get me too! Most of the time when I mention Gattaca, all I hear back are groans and complaints, I'm glad I've found at least one other person who it can get to. :tongue:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here the line from As Good As it Gets. It's Jack Nicholson's last chance at changing Helen Hunt's mind to dump him.

Melvin Udall: "I might be the only person on the face of the earth that knows you're the greatest woman on earth. I might be the only one who appreciates how amazing you are in every single thing that you do, and how you are with Spencer, "Spence," and in every single thought that you have, and how you say what you mean, and how you almost always mean something that's all about being straight and good. I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me."