Movies that Make Men Cry

pavement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder what other films end with alien robots in the future and reassimilated mothers to android children.(Actually now I come to think of it)

oldman9x7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm afraid to watch movies anymore. Since I have realized that I'm just about older than "dirt", I seem to wax sentimental over anything or nothing. I get a lump in my throat looking at sunsets.

Gramps

p.s. Nearly all the movies mentioned before in this thread brought me to tears or close to them.

scanjock8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Old Yeller came to mind immediately.
My Left Foot
In the Bedroom
The Way We Were (the sappy song, the final scene, gets me every time)
To Kill a Mockingbird
Schindler's List

Oz10

Expert Member
Media
Myrtle Beach (South Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The Color Purple - from Shug Avery being embraced by her dad to the end credits, I'm a friggin' mess

Vanilla Sky - the end on top of a building in NYC with the towers off in the distance and that perfect Sigur Ros song in the background

V for Vendetta - again at the end when all the masks come off and you see the faces of people who had been killed that were there in spirit.

I guess I hold everything in until the end of the movie and then blubber like a nutcase in the last 10 minutes

B_rag0007

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Snow white and the seven dwarfs......when the birds cover her....

summertime in Venice....the scenery and music is just awesome....

once upon a time in America.... when Robert Denero takes her to the
restaurant opened just for them and the famous song Amapola is playing by a hired orchestra just for them......

I cannot watch any animal movies.......

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I (am not a guy and) well up at everything ... everything.. from ToyStory to Great Escape (death of Flight Lt. Colin Blythe [Donald Pleasence] to be precise)

But there is only one film in all history that has squeezed a tear from the eye of the very dry-eyed Mr.Banisters, and that is the very end of Cool Hand Luke - and he's never said why.

crowdpleaser

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The movie Stepmom with Julia Roberts was pretty sad. My mom had breast cancer around that time and was going in to remission, it could have gone the other way.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wonder what other films end with alien robots in the future and reassimilated mothers to android children.(Actually now I come to think of it)

What rocked me about A.I. was, well, the whole movie, and how it showed the callousness of human beings. You could see that this android boy couldn't tell any differently, but you'd see how mean everyone else could be. Then, when he's reunited with his mom (not "owner", but "mom") thousands of years later, it's entirely tragic. Now he's living an illusion for the rest of his existence, which could be another few thousand years.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd second many of the movies mentioned. Can't believe how many people brought up Ordinary People. I thought I was the only living American who even remembered it! OK, how's this: More than 10 years ago, a young acquaintance of mine called me up on the phone to tell me he was HIV+, and without even thinking, I swear, I went over to my VCR and popped in my copy of Apocalypse Now. I didn't even make the connection until days later.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Roots

and Long Dong Silver (the pron) I had no idea who was until a guy at work give me a copy with naturally a wise comment and laugh.
It laid around my house for a long time b-4 I even looked it after he reminded me in the locker -room; said you ought to look at your brotha get down man and laugh.
So, that evening, I put the tape in....:eek: WTF:confused: think my co-worker was trying to tell me something:confused: .
I gave the tape back to him without out any comments from me.
He ask me how I liked it... I told him he was one silly ass dude and I didn't watch pron.:wink:
He never bother me with no more shit like that again:mad::wink:

When I watched The Fox and the Hound as a kid I had to seriously choke back the tears at the scene where the old lady let the fox go in the woods. I also seem to remember another animated movie that made me bawl about a boy and a puppy, but I can't remember what it was.

Also On Golden Pond, and I know there are others, but I can't think of any more right now.

Maybe You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan closes her bookstore? I don't remember.

Throbby

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How about "Old Yeller"? I admit I was only a kid when I saw it, but that one really got to me. I'm still afraid to watch it again.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What rocked me about A.I. was, well, the whole movie, and how it showed the callousness of human beings. You could see that this android boy couldn't tell any differently, but you'd see how mean everyone else could be. Then, when he's reunited with his mom (not "owner", but "mom") thousands of years later, it's entirely tragic. Now he's living an illusion for the rest of his existence, which could be another few thousand years.

What he was experiencing is the same emotional glich people who become obsessive or stalkers have. IT is called limmerance. A delightful sounding word for a lifetime of pain. Yes that movie was very disturbing to me.

Ooh, I just remembered another one!

Patch Adams

The scene where he gets the big tub of noodles for the old lady who had always wanted to sit in a tub of noodles.

That sounds rediculous, but in the context of the movie, it was really emotional. I can't explain it any further than that because it's been so long since I've seen the movie. I just remember watching it with my family and desparately hoping that no one would happen to turn and look at me before I had a chance to dry my face without making it obvious that I was in tears.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I cried when I saw Philadelphia. The last part of the movie I left before the credits rolled. I didn't buy the film either. Anything dealing with AIDS and death--I don't even bother owning.

Brokeback Mountain--I didn't cry. I thought the movie was an insult to gay men. (There is no way a gay man would've waited five years for a hook up. One was very conflicted (Ennis) while Jack seemed to know what he wanted. I think Jack would've really found someone else instead of sticking around Ennis. That is the honest to God truth based on how I felt and how I have been treated. Seriously.) The film itself was breathtakingly filmed though. The soundtrack was great as well.

I cried watching Mysterious Skin. It was about exploiting childhood innocence. That was so wrong what people do to kids,.

Tongues Untied was sad. Another movie about AIDS and homophobia within the Black community. (Another movie I wouldn't own. Very depressing.)