Movies that were filmed in your hometown or somewhere where you lived..

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Any movies you know that was filmed in your hometown or a certain location you know that was either not too far away from where you lived or use to live?

shr1125

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Parts of "A River Runs Through It" were filmed just up the road from where I live now.

Parts of "Dumb and Dumberer" were filmed at my old high school.

Parts of "The Slugger's Wife" were filmed at Atlanta's Fulton County Stadium where I watched many Braves games.

The movie "Breaking Away" was filmed in Bloomington, Indiana on and around the campus of Indiana University.

I'm sure there are a few more, but I just can't think of them right now. Need more coffee.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The list of movies filmed in NYC is too long to list. The facade of the building that Will & Grace lived in was my old apartment building.
Whenever I see the trailers and catering trucks I'm filled with dread; it's really a drag to have filming taking place on the street where you live.

D_Selmus_Swallow

Account Disabled
Media
"The Blues Brothers" (1980) filmed in Harvey, Illinois (birthplace and hometown) and Joliet, Illinois (current area of residence) for certain parts. The mall chase scene is in the abandoned Dixie Square Mall in Harvey, and the prison that Jake and Elwood are at in the beginning is the old Joliet Prison.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The list of movies filmed in NYC is too long to list. The facade of the building that Will & Grace lived in was my old apartment building.
Whenever I see the trailers and catering trucks I'm filled with dread; it's really a drag to have filming taking place on the street where you live.

Tell me about it. Vancouver is known as "Hollywood North" and dozens of TV shows and Movies are filmed there every year. The city and environs can stand in for nearly any locale and it's only 3 hours from LA.

Nothing is more annoying than being redirected away from your house by some self-important PA who thinks they are something special because they are working in the film industry. Our part of West Van is probably the most filmed location in N. America. So annoying and it has hurt our property values. The community finally had enough and council brought severe restrictions on the times they could film and really jacked up the price of renting the city services such as police that they need.

'Chariots of Fire' was filmed at the running track where I used to have school sports days, lol (nr. Liverpool).

'Tomb Raider 2' and 'Inn of the Sixth Happiness' were both filmed in Snowdonia near where I am now (it stood in for China, lol).

'First Knight' and scenes from 'The World Is Not Enough' (pipeline scenes) were also filmed near here.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in a Doris Day movie, a commuter train pulled into a station outside New York city. in fact, the movie shot a Santa Fe stopping at the Fullerton CA station. the station is adjacent to Harbor Blvd. it took three takes where the train backed out of the station and did another arrival, complete with debarking passengers and Doris Day hugging her husband. each time the crossing gates closed which backed up traffic almost to Disneyland and lotsa drivers were pissed.

now I live about 10 miles from San Francisco and I haven't any idea how many movies have been shot there. an early TV show was Streets of San Francisco with Karl Malden as a detective.

cdarro

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
- Superman 1 & 2
- Days of Heaven
- Amber Waves
- Black Harvest (also called Locust)
- Wild Horse Hank
- Betrayed
- Journey of Natty Gann
- RV
Lots more I'm sure. Always seems to be a production going on somewhere in southern Alberta, whether movie or TV, foreign or domestic.

accemb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"The Sopranos" filmed in my town a few times over the course of its run. Also the film "The Perfect Holiday"

D_Hammond Happydipper

Account Disabled
Media
I worked in NYC at a location used in many movie; or as a back drop
The Godfather
Devils Advocate
Conspiracy Theory
Many many TV police shows

Los Angeles = movie capital of the world

where I used to live they shot a episode of Prison Break

just down the street from where I used to live

Highland Park Police Museum