Movies that were filmed in your hometown or somewhere where you lived..

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
alot here in Philly,but the ones i remember seeing the sets/actors for

1-12 monkeys
2-trading places
3-blowout(i freaked out when i saw John Travolta when i was six years old!lol!)
4-law abiding citizen(i didn't see him,but Jamie Foxx party every night in the city)

Pittsburgh, PA
Striking distance
Milk Money
something with FISH in the title
Mysteries of Pittsburgh
many more, i just do not remember all the titles. I know there was another with Arnold Schwartznegger. :)

basincreek

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"High Noon" was filmed in my hometown. In fact the church where they got married was only three blocks from the house I grew up in.

Also numerous episodes of "Little House on the Prairie" were filmed there.

"Back to the Future 3" was not filmed in town but was filmed on a nearby ranch. Same for "Bad Girls" and "Unforgiven."

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I frequently visit Las Vegas, NM where relatives live. Much of "No Country for Old Men" was filmed there. On a completely more ridiculous note, the Captain Kirk birthplace scene in "Fanboys" was filmed in the downtown Plaza there.

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
parts of silence of the lambs were filmed in my neighborhood, 4 friends in it and their houses. when filming was done they actually paid my boss and i to operate a front end loader for 1 hr for another film

Goose13

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"The Babe" with John Goodman was filmed in my hometown, and just recently released info said that a cut scene from "The Blue Brothers" was filmed here too....

overninept5

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The list of movies filmed in NYC is too long to list. The facade of the building that Will & Grace lived in was my old apartment building.
Whenever I see the trailers and catering trucks I'm filled with dread; it's really a drag to have filming taking place on the street where you live.
Live in NYC also. Same feeling. Oh god, they're filming here. Damn.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Toronto

Hairspray, Chicago, Queer as Folk (yes I know it was a tv show) How to Loose a Guy in 10 Dates, and many others. They film a lot in Toronto.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Tell me about it. Vancouver is known as "Hollywood North" and dozens of TV shows and Movies are filmed there every year. The city and environs can stand in for nearly any locale and it's only 3 hours from LA.

Nothing is more annoying than being redirected away from your house by some self-important PA who thinks they are something special because they are working in the film industry. Our part of West Van is probably the most filmed location in N. America. So annoying and it has hurt our property values. The community finally had enough and council brought severe restrictions on the times they could film and really jacked up the price of renting the city services such as police that they need.

Vince, I feel your pain. My old neighborhood at the top of State Street in Salt Lake City was (probably still is) given carte blanche by the Utah Film Commission to allow film companies do whatever they like. Highway to Heaven and Touched by a Gumby -- er Angel were regularly filmed there because of a "quaint" church and lots of State Employee parking space.

However, we usually got the better of the film crews by throwing their barricades into the middle of the road and honking loudly as we drove out of and and into our blocked garages trying to go to and from work while they were filming. There was absolutely nothing they could do. Salt Lake City passed a property owner's ordinance protecting us from intrusion on our lives by film companies.

Now, most independent film companies go to Rutabaga Gulch, Idaho.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This one was filmed closest to where I grew up - about 15 miles away. :smile: This was filmed before I was born. My mom wanted to be in the movie - this was filmed at the time when she had dreams of being an actress.

Some Came Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't think this movie was filmed near where I grew up, but the setting of the movie (and book it's based on) is also about 15 miles away from where I grew up, in a slightly different direction than the previous movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendly_Persuasion_(film)

Interestingly, this movie is about Quakers in the area. As far as I know, there aren't any more Quakers in that area - if there had been, I might have become a Quaker myself. It's just fundamentalists in that area now, it seems.

I've seen "Friendly Persuasion" but it's been a long time since I've seen it. It's a good movie. I haven't seen "Some Came Running" but they show it on TCM from time to time.