Movies to WAtch!

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For everyone who likes to go to the movie theater!

Post the best movies to go watch. This could be good as the lpsg movie critics. :D

And coming soon movies and more.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, here it goes.
Doomsday = Fiction. One thing that I note is that a 1985 old car is chasing a 2008 Bentley. How can a 20k $ car could speed race a 150k$ car? That was the only unbelievable part. And it also goes from future to present to medival times lol..

Did you know Ice Age is coming out? I want to see this one. Its just to funny to miss.

Horton hears a who = Not that good, not that funny. I don't know why but everytime I say Horton I want to say Horton anti-virus. LOL

If you like action= you may want to watch Never Back Down ... simple movie. Not fiction freak.

And one of the best movie to watch right now is Vantage Point. The movie is onlt 1:30 long but it has the most actions of all the movies there are in the theater. :)

The Bank Job = Similar to "Inside Man" but inside man would get an A plus and the bank job a C+ :) just not the same intelligence.

Jumper= Random movie, but okey to watch with friends.

27 Dresses = If you have a girlfriend please take her and watch this movie.

Untreceable = "B" movie, action and thriller. But could have been much better, if more people were killed :D

I will post more reviews when I watch the rest. Note that those movies are the current ones on the theater right now. ( havent watch 10,000 BC, gf wants to watch it with me)

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I liked Fool's Gold, Juno, and No Country For Old Men.
I want to watch The Bucket List, seems like I have to wait for the dvd. :D

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I rely on DVDs.... the cinema here is shite!

I watched 'Once' last night which is fantastic for music lovers...
except I kept rewinding to listen to the music... :rolleyes:

Also got 'Michael Clayton' to watch over the Easter weekend. (George Clooney really is a bit of alright :wink:)

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Recommended:
Leave your brain at home and enjoy the movie - 10,000BC (excellent cgi)
Black comedy - In Bruges (excellent acting and script starring Colin Farell)
Adventure - the Spiderwick Chronicles

Ones to avoid:
Diary of the Dead (think of Cloverfield but zombies instead of Aliens and a worse script)
The accidental husband (only a few laughs in places)

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
10,000 BC: I went simply to enjoy the cgi as entertainment.

I guess I needed a little more suspension of disbelief though, I couldn't help but notice the contrast between the main tribe's use of accented English and the tribal language of their neighbors.

For the most part it was a fun movie.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Best Laughs recently had was THE COMPLETE WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (condensed) by the Reduced Shakespeare Company.

Well worth a rental. All the the Bard's idioms and eccentricities boiled down to a very funny 90 minutes.

On the other hand I'm about to watch THE ICE PIRATES. Angelica Huston's first movie, though she doesn't ever talk about it.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
10,000 BC: I went simply to enjoy the cgi as entertainment.

I guess I needed a little more suspension of disbelief though, I couldn't help but notice the contrast between the main tribe's use of accented English and the tribal language of their neighbors.

For the most part it was a fun movie.

Some archeologists said the whole movie was anthropological nonsense. To give an example: the sabre tooth tigers were twice the size as known.

I have DVD'S of the series from England called PRIMEVEL. Which seems to be pretty good. Still watching episode by episode THREE OF A KIND. Gave me a new Earworm. Toyah's STREET CREATURE.

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There will be blood.

Winding up in the cinemas now but a mesmerising view on the big screen. The perfromance by Day-Lewis was more than worthy of an Oscar.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haven't been to a theater in a while, but one movie I watched that's still really new is "August Rush". It's so much better than the previews let on. I balled hysterically off and on throughout the whole thing. lol. *sigh* I need a hug.

I watched August Rush , it was a good movie.. I think it was released about 4-5 months ago. :)

There is something that I don't really get. I saw the movie "88 minutes" 2 years ago,it is coming soon in theaters. So, I am guessing that this movie was made in 2004-2005. So, I don't know why is coming to theaters now. And the movie isn't bad either.

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The spiderwick Chronicles is a good movie which you could enjoy. But it is fiction so, betters for young people 10-16 :)

College Road Trip = D+ :) it could have been better.

And "Penelope" (b+) is a cool movie to watch with ur other half :)

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I watched August Rush , it was a good movie.. I think it was released about 4-5 months ago. :)

There is something that I don't really get. I saw the movie "88 minutes" 2 years ago,it is coming soon in theaters. So, I am guessing that this movie was made in 2004-2005. So, I don't know why is coming to theaters now. And the movie isn't bad either.

It came out in theaters in November, and on DVD just 9 days ago. It's not in theaters anymore, I didn't mean to try and imply that.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The spiderwick Chronicles is a good movie which you could enjoy. But it is fiction so, betters for young people 10-16 :)

College Road Trip = D+ :) it could have been better.

And "Penelope" (b+) is a cool movie to watch with ur other half :)

Oh yeah... I'd like to see the Spiderwick Chronicles, too. I like fantasy movies and yes, "kiddie" movies too. :biggrin1:

B_andyo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ALL the past movies I have seen this month have had some sort of penis talk.

Fogetting Sarra Marshall... main actor's penis was from the start to end, and other sexual material.

Harold & Kumar : scaped from Guantamo Bay : A lot of dick commentaries and dick slapping ... lol doesnt show anything.

Baby mama : A lot of big dick comments.

And those are just the movies that opened 2 weeks ago. :D

I have seen every movie in theaters.
Planning to watch Iron man today.... And Made of Honor looks like a good movie too. :)

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Planning to watch Iron man today.... And Made of Honor looks like a good movie too. :)

Here is my review, from a geek's perspective:

I never grasped 'hooks' at the start of cinematic movies. If people have paid their tickets and are seated, they aren't going anywhere soon. This movie seemed like it was going to be a medley of tarentinoesque flash forwards and flash backs, but settled down to a more linear and prudent story line.

As with the comic book from some forty years ago. Tony Stark is a philandering, obnoxious billionaire who is kidnapped and then has an ethical, possibly spiritual, reformation after he almost dies at the hands of terrorists. They hole him up in a cave and try to get him to create a powerful missile. He creates the armor instead. I got a chill down my spine when I saw his superimposed sketches of the armour. Although this is true to the book, there is one glaring difference: the terrorists are not Asian, but middle-eastern. To quell any anti-Arab sentiment, the protagonist, Yinsen, is also middle-eastern. Stark shows a hint of morality when he refuses to build the weapon.

Stark comes back to America and declares that Stark Enterprises will save lives with it's technology, not take them. Gwenyth Paltrow is his personal assistant to whom he says, "deflect or absorb," regarding dealing with the press. This becomes the metaphor for the rest of the movie.

There was no S.H.I.E.L.D., but there was a Nick Fury type of character in Terrance Howards's Jim Rhodes.

Jarvis, the Avengers butler, is a beefed up domotic -- a powerful, and personable, mainframe with manifested robotic arms throughout the Stark's private lab. Even more impressive is the holographic autocad that builds the suit around his body. That's a nerd's wet dream.

I won't spoil the ending, but it was very unexpected. It was congruent with Marvel's Civil War saga from a few years ago, regarding the Superhero Registration Act. There is a nice flow, with a gradual transformation from the clunky gray suit to the sleek gold and red. The entire movie has a nice pace: The first twenty minutes, unlike a first act, was a story in itself, with character development, a love interest, a clearly-defined protagonist, a nebulous antagonist, the first armour, and an exciting fight scene. There were no drawn-out battles or unlikely effects. The dialog was quick and sharp, with no melodrama or puerile distractions. There were also no overdrawn effects that most of these movies, such as Transformers, were plagued with -- no F-14's smashing into highways.

Whether you are a sci-fi fan or not, I'd recommend this movie. It fulfilled it's purpose.

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
ah, rec. i love it how we have so much similar interests. i'm also a comic book fan. the Dark Phoenix Saga was the hall mark for me, and the Civil War storyline was a cool concept, but sort of bungled up.

anyways, back to Iron Man...even though i love comics and their movies, i had not an ounce of desire to see the movie. it just looked so blah to me. i'll try to go and see it though, since you liked it.

and for recommendations, i haven't been to the movies since Vantage Point (gets a little annoying with the flashbacks to the different viewpoints of the characters) and Sweeney Todd (great musical and acting, but if you're not used to musicals, avoid this one. it's like 70% song) but i've last watched Misery (great movie, b+) and then "Once", on DVD. "Once" won an Oscar for best song ("Falling Slowly") which is really beautiful just like the movie. The movie can be considered a musical, but it's so much more than that, and then so much more simpler. i highly recommend it.