Movies you're looking forward to

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
I saw the Lego Batman movie this weekend. It was really good for a kids film. Anyway, I noticed that there are quite a few movies coming out this year that I want to see.

Some of mine are John Wick 2, Spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy and Power Rangers.

What movies are you looking forward to this year?

Huge film fan here!! I love everything about the film business!

I just saw John Wick 2 on Friday. Just as good as the first!!!

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

Fifth Element was fantastic. Lucy was a disaster. Couldn't tell you if this one will be good or bad, but it looks worth admission for some of the visuals alone.

It looks interesting. That is based off that french comic, right? Bessen has had some success with comic adaptations in the past, the Fifth Element was heavily based off the Incal if I remember correctly, so maybe this will be good.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It looks interesting. That is based off that french comic, right? .

That's the one :) I've never read the comic, but looks like it could be a fun ride.

I'm also cautiously looking forward to Wonder Woman. One the one hand, she is literally my favorite comic book hero. On the other hand, DC's treatment of their other heroes recently has been really poor (Superman, anyone?)). I'm looking forward to giving them another chance though.

For years I have been looking forward to a Faraway Tree film, and then they decided not to make one :(. LPSG is a similar kind of place, and that is probably why I like it here.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I Was a huge fan on the Anime, so we shall see if they screwed it up

I'm pessimistic. Ghost in the shell 2.0 annoyed the fuck out of me (especially because the original became so hard to find once they redid it).

The whitewashing irritates me too.

Reactions: ronin001

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As much as I love beautiful, classic, cinemas and theatres... I'm afraid to go to them anymore... Not so much from the fear of yet another shooting incident, but, more from just the annoyance of the loud, blabby, obnoxious behavior of the cell phone addicted audiences, these days... I'll wait, and watch the movie when it is available, online... I will be able to hear the film's dialog, without having to deal with an audiences' idiotic dialog... And, I'll save a lot money as well... Yep, it is a sad state of affairs.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: submit452

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As much as I love beautiful, classic, cinemas and theatres... I'm afraid to go to them anymore... Not so much from the fear of yet another shooting incident, but, more from just the annoyance of the loud, blabby, obnoxious behavior of the cell phone addicted audiences, these days... I'll wait, and watch the movie when it is available, online.

A/B

You might want to switch to a stricter theater. I've never encountered someone talking on a cellphone during a film.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You might want to switch to a stricter theater. I've never encountered someone talking on a cellphone during a film.

That's amazing to me @TexanStar ... You live in a more "civilized" place than I do...The last time I complained about a couple that constantly, loudly, blabbed with each other, and on their phones, through a film, they started throwing popcorn at us... For real!... We asked for our money back, got it, and left, but, I do not believe that those people "got the message".

Audiences are mostly selfish and horrible, these days.... Off with their heads!

A/B

Last edited:

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
That's amazing to me @TexanStar ... You live in a more "civilized" place than I do...The last time I complained about a couple that constantly, loudly, blabbed with each other, and on their phones, through a film, they started throwing popcorn at us... For real!... We asked for our money back, got it, and left, but, I do not believe that those people "got the message".

Audiences are mostly selfish and horrible, these days.... Off with their heads!

A/B

Maybe it is just the area where I live, but I have never had a problem with people talking in the movies.

TexanStar

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sure it happens, but I always imagine it happening in crappy mall movie theaters or something.

Nope, it happened at a small, independent theatre in an "artsy", downtown neighborhood... But, I apologize for going off-top... Back to the movies!

A/B