Moving for School....

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Alas I am so sad that I am moving across the province to attend school for 3 years. I'm sad for a number of reasons, I just made new friends, there will be no rave scene there and how many gay men will there be in a population of 4500 people?!

Arg.. *cries*

9 days left at home.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Agreed: life is always better where the gay men are. I can give a few reasons why, none of which is sexual in nature.

I hope the transition won't be that bad. If it is, can you go somewhere else?

Nowadays, location is everything to me. It seems at times that I put way too much emphasis on it, but I have to be in a place where I feel comfortable (that leave very few choices for me).

Best of luck, Bull!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I know it will be, but that is 3 years away and 3 years is a long time for me not to have really fabulous friends. Lets hope the school has some flamers or someone equally fun.

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
TK, I am sure you will make some great new friends in college. The best is yet to come. My college days were among my happiest, as I am sure yours will be.

How many gay men? Hmmm..... 4500 people, 5% of population...... should be 62.5 gay men minimum! That's 62 new queens who will be dazzled by your fabulousness!

I think you will have a GREAT time!

If you should HATE it though, leave. Don't stay for your parents or anything else. Leave, come home, find somewhere else. It's not a prison sentence. You can always change your mind.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It will all be good! Don't worry, you'll find people equally funny, amusing and friendly anywhere you'll go! Have fun!

Although I do understand your sadness from having to stay apart (physically) from you present friends. But distance does actually strengthen friendship (whenever it's real friendship) so you won't have to worry.

Irish

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Johns Island (South Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know it will be, but that is 3 years away and 3 years is a long time for me not to have really fabulous friends. Lets hope the school has some flamers or someone equally fun.
Just try to keep your three years to three years. I'm starting year number six on the wrong side of my state.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi Think Kink! Best of luck at school. You'll meet new people and hopefully a few will become your friends. Try to go back to visit your friends when your schedule and funds permit. Change often brings growth, and I hope that it's a positive experience for you.