Moving nightmare continues . . .

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The movers packed my stuff and allegedly left New Jersey on Tuesday, June 12, 2007. The day before the move I was told by the booking agent that my belongings would arrive in Georgia in 4-7 days. NOT! :mad: :mad: The moving company called Tuesday, June 19, 2007 to tell me that they would call Wednesday morning when they were close to get more exact directions.

They called at 7:00 AM Wednesday morning to let me know the truck would arrive Saturday morning...Saturday Morning!!! :eek: :confused: :mad: Since when does it take 11 days to drive from New Jersey to Georgia!?!

I'm starting to get worried that I am going to be one of those moving horror stories you see on 20/20 or Nightline, where some naive fool has been totally fleeced by an expert con artist. In my case this would mean the movers will hold my stuff hostage unless I pay an astronomical claim fee. :frown1:

Fucking A! I want my stuff! I only packed a few days worth of casual clothes. Hence my mom is now wondering why I have taken to dressing like the "little matchgirl." :mad: :tongue:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you don't get yer stuff NJ, we will help you give them a beating.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The movers packed my stuff and allegedly left New Jersey on Tuesday, June 12, 2007. The day before the move I was told by the booking agent that my belongings would arrive in Georgia in 4-7 days. NOT! :mad: :mad: The moving company called Tuesday, June 19, 2007 to tell me that they would call Wednesday morning when they were close to get more exact directions.

They called at 7:00 AM Wednesday morning to let me know the truck would arrive Saturday morning...Saturday Morning!!! :eek: :confused: :mad: Since when does it take 11 days to drive from New Jersey to Georgia!?!

I'm starting to get worried that I am going to be one of those moving horror stories you see on 20/20 or Nightline, where some naive fool has been totally fleeced by an expert con artist. In my case this would mean the movers will hold my stuff hostage unless I pay an astronomical claim fee. :frown1:

Fucking A! I want my stuff! I only packed a few days worth of casual clothes. Hence my mom is now wondering why I have taken to dressing like the "little matchgirl." :mad: :tongue:

Did they explain the reason for the delay? I hope they don't gouge you on mileage or squeeze in some hidden charges when they arrive and you pay the bill in full. Is the company nationally known or one of those 5-guys-and-a-truck type of businesses?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obviously, pictures are in order.
I would prefer not to. :tongue:

Did they explain the reason for the delay? No, they did not. I hope they don't gouge you on mileage or squeeze in some hidden charges when they arrive and you pay the bill in full. Too late! I was quoted $880 for my one bedroom apartment and on the day of the move I was told I had too much stuff, the equivalent of 3 bedrooms worth of stuff. The price increased to $5,000.00. Is the company nationally known or one of those 5-guys-and-a-truck type of businesses? I found them through moving.com they are not nationally known. At least not by me. :frown1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ciao everybody, I haven't abandoned y'all. Things in Georgia have been...interesting to say the least.

* We are having a record breaking drought. This is important because if the grass isn't emerald green my mom has a conniption fit.

* My cell phone freaked out and died. I had to send for a new one which just came yesterday. So I will probably spend the rest of the day re-programming my cell phone. Good thing I had the insurance, otherwise I would have had to pay for a new phone.

* And the worst part of my NJ--->GA move, I still don't have my stuff! That's right the moving van allegedly left New Jersey on Tuesday, June 12, 2007 and has yet to arrive in Temple, Georgia. I finally thought to google the movers on Tuesday and found out that they are one of the worst moving companies on the east coast!

* I have been scammed. I may never see my clothes, computer, important papers like tax stuff, my resume,or other belongings again and my moms credit card has been charged $4,000 for the privilege!

njqt466
:frown1: :redface: :mad:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
* I have been scammed. I may never see my clothes, computer, important papers like tax stuff, my resume,or other belongings again and my moms credit card has been charged $4,000 for the privilege!

Ouch! I hope you do track your stuff down or exact retribution of some form or another.:smile:

I don't know about credit card regs in the US, I guess they vary a bit too but can you sue the card company to get that $4k back?

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry to hear about this, it is so not right. Check with your credit card company and see if there might be some fraud issues here or maybe they might be helpful in some other manner. Wow. wish there was something more positive to say or do. Best of luck!