Moving on

zujmyhezk86

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am trying to get over a girl I was in love with for 10 years and now I can't even see myself with another woman.

We grew up together ten recently tried to be together but I had to let her go since she had made some radical life changes now I am trying to move on and I can't seem to get her out of my mind and it's scaring me because I look at hot women all around me and I don't even care to approach them.

Z

DasLeezard

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I identify. I was (still am) deeply in love with a guy, whom I felt I could share my entire world with... but situations and distance keep us apart, and I have to move on. It's harder than hell, and it takes a lot of time when your heart and not your hormones are involved. Good luck.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Being in love for 10 years is very serious and deeply emotional. It will take a long while for you to be able to get beyond your current feelings. It's totally normal and natural.

There is someone perfect out there just for you. Take your time and keep an open mind.

Best wishes

DavidXL

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I lived with a woman for a year and half and was wildly in love with her and thought we were going to get married (and I also thought we would probably get divorced, too, but I was too in love with her to care, and yes, I was that stupid). She made some radical changes (like moving to Haight-Ashbury, which was radical for me), and she broke up with me my heart broke. I was extremely sad about it for a year and still thought of her for a couple of years. With the passage of time, I realize that sometimes things really do work out for the best and how they were meant to be. I learned alot from that relationship and don't regret it - but, I'm glad now that I didn't end up with her.

This may take some time to get over, but dwell on the positives of the relationship, what you learned from it, and what you think will be better about the next one (and if you can have 1 ten year relationship, you can certainly have another one that will probably be even better than this one). Good luck!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Z, you will move on at your own pace, and in tiny steps. Do not be hard on yourself in the meantime. Practice loving yourself in different ways as if you were your own heartbroken child. Take yourself to the beach or something.

Mal_the_Wolf

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
but be clear what everyone means by "get over" or "move on". one day you'll notice you went a whole hour with out thinking about them. soon a whole day even, the pain you feel never goes away, but it will get easier. but you'll be in the car and hear a song, you'll come across pictures in a drawer, find something they gave you and you'll feel that hurt, but it gets easier to push back into the back of your mind. billy idol nailed it when he said a memory can burn you,memories don't grow colder as people can they just get older. the real test of it all is how you deal with the day you see each other again. no way to sugar coat it, it makes you wanna never let anyone close to you again, and logically you're right you can't loose what you don't put in the middle...... but ya can't win anything either

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I ended a nine (nearly ten) year relationship in 2004 when his addictions just became too great a burden to bear; it felt like every tooth in my head was pulled simultaneously and without any anesthesia. Despite the break-up ultimately being my call, it was still one of the most horrifying things to have ever happen in my life.

It took me at least two years to begin recovery, and longer than that before I felt my life had a purpose other than being with him. This stuff takes a long time: trust me.