Moving to another country Sucks

Finker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Recently relocated to Seoul, Korea.

I've found meeting new people and making friends very difficult.
I hate being lonely.
This really sucks.
Sorry for ranting.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media

I hate being lonely.
This really sucks.
Sorry for ranting.

Mmm, I've relocated to Congo (from Europe).

Not to tease you, but in my case I found it extremely easy, and I'm exhilirated, because I have many more friends here than in my own country. I also have plenty of sex with beautiful girls! :biggrin1:

Perhaps Congolese culture is very different from the South Korean one. And I can imagine that mastering the South Korean language is quite challenging.

My help:

1) Try the basics: go to a bar, where you only need to make some gestures, and offer something to drink to other lonely people. Try out easy conversation topics, like the World Cup (South Korea is participating, so that topic should be easy), or discuss music (also an international thing).

2) Try out a hobby: a sport or another type of easygoing social activity. Consider doing a team sport. This will enable you to blend in.

3) But this is more adventurous and daring: create a relationship with a prostitute. Prostitutes have a huge social network, and they will often speak different languages (I'm sure many South Korean prostitutes speak a bit of English). They will help you finding friends. They make take you out to a bar, and hook you up with their "non-prostitute" girlfriends.

Don't be ashamed of testing advice n° 3. It's a very old and highly efficient trick! I've tried it myself in several countries, and it works very well.

Good luck.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

I hate being lonely.
This really sucks.
Sorry for ranting.
I'm not going to do your work for you. Google Expats in Korea, include your home country in it for more specific results.

If you are working at a company, talk to other expats to see how they deal with it.

Finker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mmm, I've relocated to Congo (from Europe).

Not to tease you, but in my case I found it extremely easy, and I'm exhilirated, because I have many more friends here than in my own country. I also have plenty of sex with beautiful girls! :biggrin1:

Perhaps Congolese culture is very different from the South Korean one. And I can imagine that mastering the South Korean language is quite challenging.

My help:

1) Try the basics: go to a bar, where you only need to make some gestures, and offer something to drink to other lonely people. Try out easy conversation topics, like the World Cup (South Korea is participating, so that topic should be easy), or discuss music (also an international thing).

2) Try out a hobby: a sport or another type of easygoing social activity. Consider doing a team sport. This will enable you to blend in.

3) But this is more adventurous and daring: create a relationship with a prostitute. Prostitutes have a huge social network, and they will often speak different languages (I'm sure many South Korean prostitutes speak a bit of English). They will help you finding friends. They make take you out to a bar, and hook you up with their "non-prostitute" girlfriends.

Don't be ashamed of testing advice n° 3. It's a very old and highly efficient trick! I've tried it myself in several countries, and it works very well.

Good luck.

Gosh, I was really drunk the other night when I posted that and the emotions all poured out. I am a little embarrassed at the moment, but hey it was the truth about how I felt.
I approached this Spanish-looking girl at the mall the other day, all I said was "excuse me, hi, do you speak english?" and you could immediately sense what she was thinking "why the fuck is he talking to me" I immediately linked it to the fact that I'm not white, so she felt threatened by me. I don't take rejection easily (weak I know) especially when I'm genuine and sincere. Anyway, last night was actually much better, hanged out with a totally random american dude, who was really cool.

Thanks for the hints, I will try em and let you know. Take care and thanks again.

Finker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So drunk in face I misread the title of this category as "everything else" without realizing it was under the adult websites.
Sorry :(

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whats an expat? Google keeps coming up with expatriot...is this something like a defector?

That's because an expat is an expatriate.

expatriate
noun |eksˈpātrēit|
a person who lives outside their native country : American expatriates in London.
• archaic a person exiled from their native country.
adjective |eksˈpātrēit| [ attrib. ]
(of a person) living outside their native country : expatriate writers and artists.
• archaic expelled from one's native country.
verb |eksˈpātrēˌāt| [ intrans. ]
settle oneself abroad : candidates should be willing to expatriate.
DERIVATIVES
expatriation |eksˌpātrēˈā sh ən| noun
ORIGIN mid 18th cent. (as a verb): from medieval Latin expatriat- ‘gone out from one's country,’ from the verb expatriare, from ex- ‘out’ + patria ‘native country.’

As opposed to a Defector:

defect 2 |diˈfekt|
verb [ intrans. ]
abandon one's country or cause in favor of an opposing one : he defected to the Soviet Union after the war.
DERIVATIVES
defection |diˈfek sh ən| noun
defector |-tər| noun
ORIGIN late 16th cent.: from Latin defect- ‘failed,’ from the verb deficere (see defect 1 ).

Just a tip...There are many, many, many on-line dictionaries.