Moving to Japan

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So I'm moving to Japan in August. Should be living there a year or two. Do any of you know anything about having a Japanese girlfriend? Do they like Americans or do they think we're kind of snobby or stupid? How easy is it to get a girlfriend over there? By easy I mean is it any different than getting one here? Post some stories!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Japan is amazing, and Japanese people are incredible. I don't know about dating but I do know that it will be a culture shock at first and that Japanese people have slightly different manners to Europeans and Americans, so don't be surprised if you make a few gaffs at first, but Japanese people are always too polite and friendly to make you feel bad about them. I'm jealous because I'd love to live in Japan, have fun. :)

Last edited:

Cila

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You will be a hit.
Potentially 'used' as an accessory.
You'll get lots of 'yes' but no follow up.
But you'll have a blast!!!
Enjoy!!

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Japan is amazing, and Japanese people are incredible. I don't know about dating but I do know that it will be a culture shock at first and that Japanese people have slightly different manners to Europeans and Americans, so don't be surprised if you make a few gaffs at first, but Japanese people are always to polite and friendly to make you feel bad about them. I'm jealous because I'd love to live in Japan, have fun. :)

Here are some links to help

JREF - Japanese Culture

JAPANESE CULTURE -- A PRIMER FOR NEWCOMERS

JAPANESE CULTURE

Epicfailguy

Experimental Member
Media
Netherlands,dutchmansland,holland (and all other v
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I'm moving to Japan in August. Should be living there a year or two. Do any of you know anything about having a Japanese girlfriend? Do they like Americans or do they think we're kind of snobby or stupid? How easy is it to get a girlfriend over there? By easy I mean is it any different than getting one here? Post some stories!

the entire world thinks that mate
cant be helped

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The general assumption (and this is a gross oversimplification) is that you, as an American, are a hairy animal.

Ha ha I am very hairy so that is literally true. Thanks for the advice though everyone else! I hope that I have fun there and experience the culture...and get laid a lot.

Tristain1675

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
ssongs, I direct you to Gaijin Chronicles This is a blog by a black american who has been living in Japan for something like the past 7 years now, initially as an english teacher, but has now settled into the country and even married a japenese girl. In addition to being really funny, it's also extremely informative, telling about Japan from an American perspective.
Here's how I can answer your questions based on his writings. As a foriegner, the people would rather sit closer to a pile of vomit on the train than next to you, but they're also too culturally polite to tell you as such.
They like their girls young there, so the older a woman is there who is still single, the easier it is for you to be able to get into a relationship with them. This is also a country where older than 25 is considered old.
But really I think the culture shock will be so much that hunting for a ladyfriend will be one of the last things on your mind for the first few months. Just read as much of that blog's archives as you can.

Last edited:

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If they haven't been with a non asian, that cock might scare the shit out of them.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
ssongs, I direct you to Gaijin Chronicles This is a blog by a black american who has been living in Japan for something like the past 7 years now, initially as an english teacher, but has now settled into the country and even married a japenese girl. In addition to being really funny, it's also extremely informative, telling about Japan from an American perspective.
Here's how I can answer your questions based on his writings. As a foriegner, the people would rather sit closer to a pile of vomit on the train than next to you, but they're also too culturally polite to tell you as such.
They like their girls young there, so the older a woman is there who is still single, the easier it is for you to be able to get into a relationship with them. This is also a country where older than 25 is considered old.
But really I think the culture shock will be so much that hunting for a ladyfriend will be one of the last things on your mind for the first few months. Just read as much of that blog's archives as you can.

Wow thanks! I've already read a few article and they are very informative. And funny!

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thats it, Im so going to Japan. Good thing I am learning the language.
Nihon ni ikitai des! Sugoi!

highgrounds

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
1.like to get fucked by huge weird ass futuristic octopuses
2.schoolgirl themed bukkakees
3.hairless bodies extremely bushy pubes
4.godzilla
5.more bukkakees and pubes

berius

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
You will be welcome. I'm from Japan. I had lots of friends from USA when I was in Japan. Most of them had a Japaneses boyfiend or girlfriend and seemed very enjoyed.

D

deleted356736

One of the things I know about Japan is the Japanese often don't like Americans. I was okay because I was Australian, but I had to convince them of that. Japan is a very polite society, and Americans are seen as loud-mouth and rude (similar to the problems that Americans have in most of Europe, if you know what I mean). The best thing to do is look and learn, and only speak and act when you have a feel for the place. I also spent some time in Korea, which was very similar.

Japanese girls are a delightful contradiction of coyness and sexual tigress. All shy when you first meet, and absolute dynamite when you get together. Often scared of large cocks too, so it may take some gentle persuasion to actually do the deed.