Moving to New Orleans later this year

bratwurst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hey everyone!

After years as an expat in Europe I am moving to New Orleans in a few months. I would enjoy hearing from folks in that area, don't really know anyone there so would really like to be in touch with people who know the lay of the land...and then meet up if there is mutual interest. How about it?

dc9

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I visited the big easy right before Katrina, the people are lovely there and the food is out of this world. Let's just say I have lots of sweet memories.
Let me know how the move goes.
Take care,
DC

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Also a visitor pre-Katrina. The city is really lively and always active. I think you have to do Bourbon Street for a while, just to get it out of your system. You'll definitely enjoy the infusion of music, art, and culture; very, very vibrant. You'll probably get annoyed at tourists just going down there to get blitzed out of their minds, and you might be taken aback by the heat and humidity in the summer months.

bratwurst

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Also a visitor pre-Katrina. The city is really lively and always active. I think you have to do Bourbon Street for a while, just to get it out of your system. You'll definitely enjoy the infusion of music, art, and culture; very, very vibrant. You'll probably get annoyed at tourists just going down there to get blitzed out of their minds, and you might be taken aback by the heat and humidity in the summer months.

BTW, I had been down Bourbon street as a tourist about 6 years ago and sorta got into it...but I was rather horrified by it last week. It is basically Tijuana without the pharmacies!