Mr. Brooks

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I just finished watching this DVD from Netflix and it is a very good movie.

Did anyone else watch it, and if so did you like it or not?

prince_will

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i saw it with some friends when it first came out. pretty good, imo. i had low expectations about it because it seemed boring and bad reviews, but i was pleased. William Hurt bascially made the movie for me. He's delightful.

thoreau

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I saw it and I liked it. Except for the twist ending? What I thought was confusing was the build up about how his daughter had the same "problem" as him and then she kills him and that would have made a sensible ending but then it turns out to be a dream and therefore irrelevant and ends with him lying in bed a few minutes later. I thought they could have left it in and be done but to contradict it in the last few moments didn't make sense.

I felt the graveyard scene would have been the most logical place to end the film.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I saw it and I liked it. Except for the twist ending? What I thought was confusing was the build up about how his daughter had the same "problem" as him and then she kills him and that would have made a sensible ending but then it turns out to be a dream and therefore irrelevant and ends with him lying in bed a few minutes later. I thought they could have left it in and be done but to contradict it in the last few moments didn't make sense.

I felt the graveyard scene would have been the most logical place to end the film.

I liked the ending. In the dream sequence it wouldn't make sense. I thought that maybe he was molesting her and that maybe she was pregnant with his child, otherwise it would make no sense that she would kill him.

I like the ending it shows that his alter ego is still there.