Mr. Maxcox's Adventure in the Phantom Zone

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
they should of made him a moderator. He is usually right about questioning the authenticity of many pictures on here. The guy that allows the verification doesn't really seem to care if something is photo-shopped of fake. Maxxcock did, so make him a moderator people!
I love maxcok to the max, BUT don't you go bad-mouthing the impeccable Pecker. Really not good form, Jordan85.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
they should of made him a moderator. He is usually right about questioning the authenticity of many pictures on here. The guy that allows the verification doesn't really seem to care if something is photo-shopped of fake. Maxxcock did, so make him a moderator people!

i also take offense to this. pecker puts in scads of time here each day, and he does a lot of the grunt work like countless verifies and delete account requests. the man is a saint, for pete's sake!

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love maxcok to the max, BUT don't you go bad-mouthing the impeccable Pecker. Really not good form, Jordan85.

i also take offense to this. pecker puts in scads of time here each day, and he does a lot of the grunt work like countless verifies and delete account requests. the man is a saint, for pete's sake!

Pecker is practically the 'P' in LPSG and should have his own support group for the amount of work he does with surprisingly good humour! So please count me in as another one who takes offense to criticism of his work.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can i fourth that sentiment? Really, so the verifications are not always perfect, but unless you are offering your services Jordan85, then don't pick on the Pecker.

I will say that maybe after his banning, it would do pecker good to perhaps extend the invite to help him withit to Max? And mod position as well? Least they can all do for this fross miscarriage of justice in the banning of my Maxcok.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought we were talking about Max, how did Pecker get in to this.

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I thought we were talking about Max, how did Pecker get in to this.

Here(Emphasis mine):

The "guy that allows the verification" is are esteemed Pecker. So though he (Jordan85) was trying to be supportive of Maxcok (not Maxxcock), he did so in a way that Max would never have approved of (offand diss of Pecker).

Yes, the verification process is not perfect. Guess what. Instead of complaining, we can help it out (I mean isn't there steps one can take to alert the mods that someone is fake? yep, there are.)

Here is what should have been suggested: Max is incredible at finding returning trolls, fake photos, and outright liars. He should be offered a moderator position, or at the very lest a consultant to help Pecker prevent some of these asswipes from getting in (or back in), as it really is too large a job for one person, and Max seems to have a knack for it.

See, that sounds way better.

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here(Emphasis mine):

The "guy that allows the verification" is are esteemed Pecker. So though he (Jordan85) was trying to be supportive of Maxcok (not Maxxcock), he did so in a way that Max would never have approved of (offand diss of Pecker).

Yes, the verification process is not perfect. Guess what. Instead of complaining, we can help it out (I mean isn't there steps one can take to alert the mods that someone is fake? yep, there are.)

Here is what should have been suggested: Max is incredible at finding returning trolls, fake photos, and outright liars. He should be offered a moderator position, or at the very lest a consultant to help Pecker prevent some of these asswipes from getting in (or back in), as it really is too large a job for one person, and Max seems to have a knack for it.

See, that sounds way better.

Not 100% sure about the the moderator thing.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I just hope Maxcok is not flooded out by the recent storms, tornados, and seemingly unending rains in his neck of the woods. He did move back to Memphis not long ago, escaping the strangeness that has taken over San Diego. And yes, he does take the bait more often than not, but compared to his "adversaries" he definitely has the more balanced mind.

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Pecker is practically the 'P' in LPSG and should have his own support group for the amount of work he does with surprisingly good humour! So please count me in as another one who takes offense to criticism of his work.

Haha, are you calling him a Penis? :tongue:

Indeed, Pecker does a really great job, and I'm always surprised how fast he works with it all. :smile:

Can i fourth that sentiment? Really, so the verifications are not always perfect, but unless you are offering your services Jordan85, then don't pick on the Pecker.

I will say that maybe after his banning, it would do pecker good to perhaps extend the invite to help him withit to Max? And mod position as well? Least they can all do for this fross miscarriage of justice in the banning of my Maxcok.

This isn't really anything unlike what Jordan says, in a way you're saying the mods/Pecker made a mistake/wrong in their work while banning Max.

I don't see how the banning of a person for whatever the reason he/she was banned for would earn that person a position as a moderator. There's also a lot of work being a moderator, something Max might not even want.

AND I don't think they did a mistake banning Max. For every banning there's a reason, just as much in this case.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Stuff deleted.

For every banning there's a reason, just as much in this case.

Just as for every time there is a season?
For every quark/unquark there is a meson?
What was a grape is now a raisin?
Contented sheep gather for graizin'.
This site's a place for penis praisin'?

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I tell it exactly as I see it. Nobody on this board is an icon of sainthood by any stretch of the imagination. Well, maybe Nick8, BBucko, Calboner and OCMuscJock and that's a different story that requires me to tap into my inner lusting for hot, hunky intellectual men... mmmmmmmmmmm. But I digress!!!!

Ah, so this is the post you were referring to last night. I had no idea you were including me in such stellar company. :redface:

And to that I say "Blackberry-Bin Linen" to you. :biggrin1:

P.S. Danson was hy-sterical, wasn't he?!

HappyBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Oh, your words are in the making,
of turning my heart into aching.

Summer breezes and hot guys in playful piles,
stellar evenings full of flies.

My knees are shaking with love,
feeling as free as a dove.

Yes, oh yes, my heart is aching,
you're so awesome, I'm just saying.

Oh god, I'm awful...

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ah, so this is the post you were referring to last night. I had no idea you were including me in such stellar company. :redface:

And to that I say "Blackberry-Bin Linen" to you. :biggrin1:

P.S. Danson was hy-sterical, wasn't he?!

Danson was quite the fierce bitch that night. Who knew she still had it in her? :wink: :biggrin1:

wallaboi

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Your verse brought a smile to my face. :smile:

Intrigue

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

That had me rolling for a while... You sir rock out with your cock out!

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Haha, are you calling him a Penis? :tongue:

Indeed, Pecker does a really great job, and I'm always surprised how fast he works with it all. :smile:

This isn't really anything unlike what Jordan says, in a way you're saying the mods/Pecker made a mistake/wrong in their work while banning Max.

I don't see how the banning of a person for whatever the reason he/she was banned for would earn that person a position as a moderator. There's also a lot of work being a moderator, something Max might not even want.

AND I don't think they did a mistake banning Max. For every banning there's a reason, just as much in this case.

Ok. Allow me to expand and clarify (as I was tired when I wrote my quick response, and didn't flesh things out as well as I had hoped to)

First, does anyone besides Pecker handle the verifications? I was under the impression that it is all him or primarily so. It is a large and, let’s face it, ungrateful job. So when Jordan 85 said what he said, I felt that it was a back hand insult directly lobbed at Pecker.

Now as to what I said: I realize that Pecker could have been one of the mods responsible for Max's banning. However I don't know (and can someone explain the process? I know they say "after consultation between the moderators..." but is that just a random majority of whichever mods they can wrangle up, do they wait for all of them and then do a majority, or does it have to be unanimous?)

I addressed it as the mods (meaning in general) missed the mark with this one. I was not singling any one out, unlike Jordan85.

As for whether giving anyone who was banned the position of moderator? Of course not! But I feel that in this instance, in the thread of others discussing how great Max I at finding things out and calling people on it, that he may have what it takes to be a mod, and perhaps would be more careful and thorough than some of the others. So if he wanted it, then the offer should b extended. I remember reading somewhere else that some of the current mods had been banned at one point or another (even the esteemed Pecker!), so that shouldn’t rule it out for r Max.

The reason he should be offered something? Well, from the thread that was referenced max was not even talking to the person. The other individual attacked him first in this thread. If he had a problem with max from another thread, he should have gone to the mods, reported it, and put max on ignore. But he didn't. And then Max is banned and the jackass is still here. WTF?! In my estimation based on this one thread, max was relatively guiltless. OK he derailed the thread, and ok fine then the mods could have gotten him for that. But how many of us are guilty of similar? Even if it is not arguments, how many threads g on and on with private convos between members that go far, far ff topic? Should they be banned too? Also I thought the mods were going to post warnings as well. I checked and there was nothing for max. No warning. None. So he just gets banned?

I will say that max would be probably best as a consultant rather than a mod, just because he does take the bait sometimes to much. Then again he has called some of the mods on their BS and defended members who were getting shortchanged here (seaside comes to mind, before she vanished. I remember 2 mods jumping her shit for her opinion, and max coming to her aide and pointing out that she had a valid point, and no offense was meant) Mods are human, and play favorites, turn a blind eye, have bad days, and are possibly swayed by the pretty pics that a person posts. It may have been too many complaints in a short period of time.

Ya' know, I have a hard time letting go and walking away when people are egging me on. I have learned to try to control it though. Petite helped me with that. There was a thread of hers that she was getting mad dogged in and we (her friends) all came charging in to help and when I pm'd her she said the mods just referred her to the TOS and said she needed to ignore them and document and let the mods do their jobs. Easier said than done! Seeing them trash a friend's reputation, and the thought that they are thinking they are getting away with it, really galls me! I would rather handle things myself. I think max is the same way. Ad he is so good at finding the past quotes, and showing the hypocrisy of what people say, shit, make him a mod and cut out the middle men.

But I have a feeling (my personal opinion) that to be truly effective he would have to limit himself to just being an observer, not posting, not getting directly involved. And I am too selfish to have that! I want my feisty Max in the thick of things! I think he is a smart, caring guy. He brings a lot to the table, has led a rich life, and has plenty of experiences to share with us. He is there for friends, tells us all when we are getting stupid. As I do with my friends. As I expect them to do with me.

Ok this is still rambling and I keep muddling the point I am trying to make, but I am tired, and if I wait till I am not, then it will be moot as max will be back, and this thread obsolete, lol