MTV Spiderman

7x6andchg: I think it's a lot better than the animated Batman that FOX had some time ago. EVERY man on that show (Batman) had a square jaw and every woman had enormous breasts. I realize it's a cartoon but, c'mon, a little realism wouldn't hurt, would it?

7x6&C

Synergistic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love the new Spiderman series, but I'm also kinda strange when it comes to picking my favorite super heros. Right now I'm into Green Arrow, and I really hope they put him in the next Batman movie(that doesn't suck).

gigantikok: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1058622223;start=0#1 date=07/19/03 at 06:38:15]I think it's a lot better than the animated Batman that FOX had some time ago.  EVERY man on that show (Batman) had a square jaw and every woman had enormous breasts.  I realize it's a cartoon but, c'mon, a little realism wouldn't hurt, would it?

7x6&C[/quote]

Woah there buddy, the original batman cartoon on Fox was classic. The stories were great and it was an accurate depiction of the comic. It was stylized and it was well done. To knock because of the style they chose (i.e square jaws) is stupid. And all the woman didnt have huge breasts, in fact, alot were on the small side. You must have a skewwed opinion of what "huge" is.

Either way, i think the new spiderman is ok. The stories are good, so i'll keep watching it, but the style is a little odd and gets on my nerves. Due to all the wierd 3d bullshit, the characters have less expression then they would have if they were just drawn more conventionally.

gigantikok: oh, AND WOMEN HAVING HUGE BREASTS IS WHAT COMICS ARE ALL ABOUT, DUH! :D

gigantikok: Oh, and one more thing....realism...in batman!? Lol, i guess you didn't notice the fact that is it a story about a guy who fights crime in a costume and never gets killed. Batman isn't about realism, batman is about style and substance.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1058622223;start=0#5 date=07/20/03 at 20:54:22]oh, AND WOMEN HAVING HUGE BREASTS IS WHAT COMICS ARE ALL ABOUT, DUH! :D[/quote]
You've just learned of the jug factor, I take it.

gigantikok: [quote author=nlatimer link=board=99;num=1058622223;start=0#3 date=07/19/03 at 09:12:28]I love the new Spiderman series, but I'm also kinda strange when it comes to picking my favorite super heros. Right now I'm into Green Arrow, and I really hope they put him in the next Batman movie(that doesn't suck).[/quote]

Didnt see your post before... there is going to be another batman movie?

7x6andchg: Whoa yourself - it was just my opinion, there, Gigantikok.

I didn't say anything at all about the stories (which were quite good) or the acting (which was certainly better than that joke of a series with Adam West et al)...

The lack of realism is perhaps why I don't generally read comics.... :-/

7x6&C

7x6andchg: I assumed no offense was intended, and none was taken.

The voice acting on that show was actually very good...

SchroederJr: [quote author=7by6etC link=board=99;num=1058622223;start=0#9 date=07/21/03 at 15:14:18](which was certainly better than that joke of a series with Adam West et al)[/quote]

Hey! Camp is good! lol

See, you've got a circular spectrum when it comes to quality.  Sometimes "art" gets so bad that it loops back around to good.  Hence, the popularity of the drag queen, which in theory (men in women's clothes singing ABBA?  Yeah, that's SCREAMING quality.) is pretty bad, but in actual execution can be hilarious.

So embrace your inner camp.  Love that Batman.

bustyredhead: I just got to see the Spiderman show recently. Wow! That was good stuff. I definately like how he is a vulnerable hero, and not just a flat, two-dimensional boy scout. The old Batman show was hecka funny! So cheesy. :D I want one of those Catwoman costumes. :)

Anyways, I remember seeing a few Batman animated series episodes, and they were all really good. I guess I find the idea of heroes who have to deal with the reprecussions of their actions to be really cool, and that nobility to be kinda sexy. Not Adam West so much, though. Ewwie... lol

- Nene (Purr...)

gigantikok: yea, the old campy series was always good for a laugh. they even used to draw chalk marks on adam west's batman mask! never understood why.

but in all honesty, i love batman ironically, he is the most realistic of the superheros. He doesn't have any bullshit super powers, he's just smart and craft. And man he's so dark...i love dark. He's so tortured...i love tortured. He's so cool... i definately love cool. He's just the uberhero. And Batman has that cool retro gangster theme, and Dick Tracy-like villains. It is just a twisted world and I love it. Oh, and the joker is the absolute most brilliant villain ever created. Man, so creepy, so scary. Anyway, yea, im a batman fan-boy...so what?:)

Oh, and spiderman is ok, I've definately grown to like it more since the movie and tv show because i do like the problems he faces in his life. I just think the villains suck. They are either animal/element themed (i.e Sandman, reptileman, waterman, beetleman, vulture-looking guy, etc) or they are just not that well thought out or in depth. but it's still neat.