Multiples

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Hoss, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Recently my daughter gave birth, she had triplets, 2 boys and a daughter. This led me to wonder if multiples like this are becoming more frequent, is their maybe an enviromental thing happening? I ask because there were 2 other couples that had multiples as well that day in that same hospital and neither my family or W.'s family has a history of multiples (not even twins).
    All three kids are healthy and fine, as is my daughter (the new dad is stiill a wreck:biggrin1:).

Are you seeing more multiples?

Are their multiples in your family?

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I only have one friend who is having multiples and they're fraternal twins as a result of fertility treatments. None of my other friends have multiples.

I can't imagine having three babies at once! Wow! I'm glad that they're doing well.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

The only recently born multiples I know of are all fraternals and all result from IVF.

The 2 primary (elementary) schools in this area I know anything about have just over 100 pupils each - each school has one set of identical twins and no fraternal twins. That's about the same as the elementary school I went to. Can't say I've observed more multiples here, or elsewhere, than I remember seeing when I was a kid.

Congrats on the grandkids, by the way :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted