MUMPS - anyone had it

uniquename

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Guys

about 5 years ago i had mumps and experienced swelling in one of my testes (the right one) when the swelling went down in both my face and groin unfortunately my teste then went the opposite way and shrank, this was later dignosed by the quack as testicular atrophy

anyone else had it?

did the same happen to you?

admittedly at first i was distrought by the tiny knacker
but now i look at it more as comical,

i'll get some pictures up as soon as i find my camera,

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mumps? :yikes: Seriously? :confused: Don't they vaccinate children against that in the UK. :confused: In the USA all children get vaccinated for MMR: Measles, Mump, Rubella.

Hi Guys

about 5 years ago i had mumps and experienced swelling in one of my testes (the right one) when the swelling went down in both my face and groin unfortunately my teste then went the opposite way and shrank, this was later dignosed by the quack as testicular atrophy

anyone else had it?

did the same happen to you?

admittedly at first i was distrought by the tiny knacker
but now i look at it more as comical,

i'll get some pictures up as soon as i find my camera,

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've had mumps, measles and rubella as well as chicken pox. We used to refer to them as 'childhood diseases'. They're very serious now because there is no imunity to them other than the vaccination. Mumps are very serious for boys/men. We were always told to pull our briefs up very tight to prevent the mumps from dropping. IF they should drop we could suffer sterility.
I'd probably look for another Doctor.

• Infection of other organ systems
  • Mumps viral infections in adolescent and adult males carry an up to 30% risk that the testes may become infected (orchitis or epididymitis), which can be quite painful; about half of these infections result in testicular atrophy, and in rare cases sterility can follow.[17]
  • Spontaneous abortion in about 27% of cases during the first trimester of pregnancy.[17]
  • Mild forms of meningitis in up to 10% of cases[17] (40% of cases occur without parotid swelling)
  • Oophoritis (inflammation of ovaries) in about 5% of adolescent and adult females,[17] but fertility is rarely affected.
  • Pancreatitis in about 4% of cases, manifesting as abdominal pain and vomiting
  • Encephalitis (very rare, and fatal in about 1% of the cases when it occurs)[17]
  • Profound (91 dB or more) but rare sensorineural hearing loss, uni- or bilateral. Acute unilateral deafness occurs in about 0.005% of cases.[17]
After the illness, life-long immunity to mumps generally occurs; reinfection is possible but tends to be mild and atypical.[17]

red7.5

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had the mumps when I was 7 or 8. Neck and jaw swelled, don't remember any testicular problems at the time, but I was just a kid and a giant neck was scary enough.

About 10 years ago had epididymitisis and wonder if there was some relation to childhood mumps - something akin to shingles and chicken pox.

uniquename

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Principessa : the MMR vaccine is given to kids in the uk but they only started in 1988 (1973 was when the US adopted it i believe) so unfortunately i missed it :(

ArkTrucker : the doctor was great, i was just unlucky that it affected me the way it did, i'm just glad it didn't affect both of my jewels :)

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
I had mumps when I was fifteen resulting in one atrophied testicle. My doctor just chuckles about the small one and says, "That's why we have two!" The big one works just fine. I've fathered three children, and I'm horny all the time, so I guess the mumps has had no serious lasting effect.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I had mumps when I was four, but with no complications.

Off on a tangent... A lot of parents in the UK are choosing not to vaccinate their children with the combined MMR vaccine due to potential links to autism, and therefore depending on herd immunity to protect their children. My question is why is the government and the medical profession so insistent that the three vaccines be given simultaneously? I know it cuts down on doctor appointments, but surely it makes more sense to give the option of separate vaccinations rather than none at all?

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Had it when I was about 8 y/o I think - facial swelling but no complications. My younger sisters both had it in that same bout too and managed to give it to my Grandad who was in his late 50s at the time and was pretty ill with it if I remember rightly.

craig_uk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I had mumps when I was four, but with no complications.

Off on a tangent... A lot of parents in the UK are choosing not to vaccinate their children with the combined MMR vaccine due to potential links to autism, and therefore depending on herd immunity to protect their children. My question is why is the government and the medical profession so insistent that the three vaccines be given simultaneously? I know it cuts down on doctor appointments, but surely it makes more sense to give the option of separate vaccinations rather than none at all?

You are talking about a UK media led scare from 1998 that has since been proved without any foundation. Hopefully parents in the UK are now well aware that there is no evidence of MMR causing autism and a lot of evidence that there is no links whatsoever.

Unfortunately in the UK there was a lot of publicity given to the opinions of one man that there were links between the MMR vacine and Autism. The opinions of one Doctor (Dr Andrew Wakefield) and a very limited study flew in the face of of a huge body of evidence that there was no such link.

Nevertheless this single opinion was given equal weight by the BBC and hyped in other media in the UK. Wakefield has since been discredited. He was employed by solicitors acting for autism patients - something he failed to divulge. The Lancet, who published his original paper, later described his research as "fatally flawed". The Lancet's editor said the paper would have been rejected as biased if the peer reviewers had been aware of Wakefield's conflict of interest.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Wakefield#cite_note-23

MMR is a combined vaccine used in more than 60 countries for many years. Administering the vaccines in three separate doses does not reduce the chance of adverse effects, and it increases the opportunity for infection by the two diseases not immunized against first.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Had mumps when I was six w/o complications. Personally, I've had issues with vaccinations and avoid them totally. Many still contain Mercury, one of the most toxic elements on the planet and played a role in disabling me as a dentist via numb hands.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Principessa : the MMR vaccine is given to kids in the uk but they only started in 1988 (1973 was when the US adopted it i believe) so unfortunately i missed it :(

ArkTrucker : the doctor was great, i was just unlucky that it affected me the way it did, i'm just glad it didn't affect both of my jewels :)
How bizarre. The UK is often ahead of us where medicine is concerned. Sorry about the mumps dude. I hope you are feeling better.

tinydick4u

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Mumps? :yikes: Seriously? :confused: Don't they vaccinate children against that in the UK. :confused: In the USA all children get vaccinated for MMR: Measles, Mump, Rubella.

In his defense.I had the vaccine when I was a child and I got the mumps at 8 yrs old.It was not as severe.I only had swelling in my upper body and head.I never had issues with my genitals.I do live in the US and I am only 32 yrs old.

dr_pepper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I got mumps at the end of 9th grade. The doc had me stay home an extra week just to be sure I was OK. They had my sister almost sleep with me so that she would catch them too, but she never did, nor has ever had them.

My problem with my balls goes back to a hernia and the sack has stayed large.

dr_pepper

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No, and slept with a sister when she had it. I've wondered if I'm naturally immuned.

I think that like my sister, she picked up enough to build an immunity. I know that my doctor had not had the mumps and would not get anywhere near me. My father had to do the doctoring.