Murder

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by dcwrestlefan, Jul 26, 2007.

1. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

If I come across one more god damn person yakking on their cell phone on the road, weaving all over, and changing speeds from 40 to 70 so they can just go "blah blah blah" talking, I will be in jail for killing someone.

/rant

2. findfirefox

Gold Member

I have more then one time almost been ran over by someone on a cell phone. :-/

3. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

this is just something that really bites my ass. it is not my job to watch out for these nutjobs on the road. go the fuck home if you need to jaw on the phone.

4. findfirefox

Gold Member

I wish we had cell phones that would refuse to work in places that its stupid and/or rude to use them. Apparently people have no idea that answering your phone in a crowded space and shouting your converstation at someone who is not part of it is in fact rude

5. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    What about people trying to shave or put on make up while driving. I have seen that more than I would like to.

6. findfirefox

Gold Member

Oh what about Text messaging while driving? (Excuse me TXT MSGIN wn drivin)

7. SilverSoldier

SilverSoldier New Member

Get a license plate number, make and model of car, description of driver, and call 911 and report wreckless driving. If others are in the car with you, have them call as well.

8. dreamer20

Gold Member

Notice that you just encouraged them to use a cell phone in the car too?:rolleyes::wink:

9. SilverSoldier

SilverSoldier New Member

You got that right. And notice that it's being used RESPONSIBLY. Preferrably by OTHER passengers than the driver.

10. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's why I walk defensively, too. I never put myself in a situation where a driver would have to use their brakes -- because, after all, can I be sure that they'd see me? Whether on foot, on my bike, or in my car, I try to make eye contact with whichever vehicle or person has even the slightest chance of crossing my path. If I can't see their eyeballs looking at me, I expect them to be completely idiotic.

I've had it, though. I yell at people who drive like idiots (almost ALWAYS with a cell phone to their face... hardly ever with an earpiece, though.. hmm). I wave cars past at intersections so that they stop impeding traffic on account of my standing ten feet from the curb (the way I see it, if I'm walking, I'm in no hurry anyway, so I can easily wait another ten seconds). I'm even thinking of getting a paintball gun to mark stupid drivers.

I can't even walk a block away to the goddamned corner store without encountering idiocy.

11. viking1

Gold Member

I'd like to throw ALL the telephones on this planet in the ocean.

12. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Here in Spain and also back in the UK it has been an offense to use a cell phone whilst driving for a few years. Here in Tenerife I can count a least a dozen drivers using them whilst driving every time I go out. You can usually tell by the driving that they are using the phone. It really pisses me off.

13. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

A guy who is driving while talking to his lawyer on his cellphone stops the conversation to complain about another driver who is obviously not paying attention to what he's doing when our hero accidentally runs a stop sign and hits another car. Cursing and angry as hell he jumps from his car, yelling at the other driver, who jumps from his car, ready for a fight. It's his lawyer.

14. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    Agreed.
    I have undertaken a new "defense" of these narrow, selfish-minded dweebs.....:rolleyes: My fingers tend to "slip" onto the horn (and mine's damn loud!) while passing them (hopefully with their windows down) and "informing" the driver of his/her feeble attempt at multitasking. At least the person on the other end of their conversation gets the idea that the person they're talking to lacks the mental capacity to properly operate a motor vehicle safely when they hear the horn...:biggrin1:

15. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    Once you have the required information, pull over and make the call if you're alone. That's the way mobile/cell phones are SUPPOSED to be used anyway.:wink:

16. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Tell that asshole to stop honking his horn, would you? It's unsafe and besides, I can't hear you on the phone.

17. bobabooey69

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have seen people texting and play solitaire on their cellphones while driving.
    I don't feel sorry when they put their heads through a windshield, it's when they take others with them I get really pissed.

ABC News: Teen Crash Driver May Have Been Texting

18. Hatched69

Hatched69 Member

Albums:
    But, "sign language" is soooo fun!!!:rolleyes: :biggrin1:

19. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

I'll hold 'em while you hit 'em.

20. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
Draft saved Draft deleted