Murdered gay friends

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just curious if you've had any close friends that have been murdered and if it was gay related? I knew of several when I lived in Birmingham and because of their sexual orientation, their killers (if caught) seemed to get off lighter. One was a drag queen, another was a lesbian and most of the others were gay men who picked up the wrong person at the wrong time.
I can't help but believe there are some homophiles in our judicial and law enforcement agencies.

shiznick90210

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Just curious if you've had any close friends that have been murdered and if it was gay related? I knew of several when I lived in Birmingham and because of their sexual orientation, their killers (if caught) seemed to get off lighter. One was a drag queen, another was a lesbian and most of the others were gay men who picked up the wrong person at the wrong time.
I can't help but believe there are some homophiles in our judicial and law enforcement agencies.

Sodomy Laws

Court Questions Bush’s Appointment of Antigay Judge

Mixed reaction to Cheney's daughter's pregnancy

Mixed reaction to Cheney's daughter's pregnancy - CNN.com

Or, how about his one, a collection of some of the worst:

Quotes from the The American Taliban
The American Taliban

OP:
Yes, I had a pair of gay neighbours. Murdered, and the case was seen in a different light once this relationship was revealed.

The homophobes I knew weren't overly concerned about their violent departure.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few years ago there was a murder of a retired pal of mine. He was more of a drinking associate, one of the friendly souls who were fixtures at the Local. He kept his orientation secret at this bar, but a few people we knew had seen him regularly at a gay bar in the Church Street gay district. So he was in definitely the closet with us.

He was a big guy and a gentleman, fashioned in a long ago generation and his Cape Breton bred manners meant a courtly hello to all the females with us, even a bow, and hearty handshakes all around as a normal form of greeting. A very warm and gregarious character. He'd spent his life working as a meat packer at one of the big plants in the city. Was a coal miner as a youth but got away to something better. Salt of the earth type.

He was strangled by a man who lived in his building. It was investigated and they caught the guy. Robbery was cited as the motive.

All of us suspected it was more than that.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media

Sadly, gays and transsexuals form the largest of victim groups ....